XP problem

=PoW=GeneralLee
Go to solution Solved by RedBaird,

Hi all i was playing the other night ,threw a airstrike had a teamkill person filed complaint . my xp went to minus -328 or something ,the player was eventually kicked because he was being a tool.

name was chat shit ___ ___  . well now my xp in the list when map is over is at 67043 but ingame its at 1435 . ok maby a glitch the 67043 does increase with the other ingame value . ok thanks

• Leader
  • Solution

... . my xp went to minus -328 or something ...

... well now my xp in the list when map is over is at 67043 but ingame its at 1435 . ok maby a glitch the 67043 does increase with the other ingame value . ok thanks

ET was not designed for "XP Forever".   :)  The TAB-display will show your correct XP, but when it goes over 64K, your playing screen will show it becoming negative and eventually increasing to a positive number again.   65536 - 67043 = -1507  

The numbers will never be the same again.   :)   

I am not sure where the negative sign comes from, unless these are stored as some kind of "packed decimals" and the 64k +1 overflows into the sign bit.

ADDED:  I was just spectating you on Jay #1 and trying to catch your numbers while you were firing the mortar.

After three tries, I finally got 67421 - 1885 = 65536 (64k)

67421 from TAB display

1885 from your HUD (no - sign)

That still does not explain the sign for the negative numbers that we see in our HUDs sometimes.

Edited by RedBaird
add Realtime values
  • Like 1

Hi thanks

the minus sign was there went to 0 then i started gaining ingame xp without the minus

the xp that shows in the tab did not have a minus symbol

the player that filed , did say in a pm after i asked him why he filed he said " what are you crying now that your xp is -368 i did it because i hate your face" lol whatever . he was pming the admin and other players vulgar messages

then was kicked said"player chit shit ___ ___ kicked learn some respect" i dont know the admin on at the time

ok thanks