The Tequila Thread

Thule

Well, I don't drink a lot of tequila, but summer is coming, and that is when I normally consume said.  Normally as a TnT (Tequila and Tonic, with a lime slice), but sometimes "neat".  There is nothing like sitting in the sun, sipp'n a TnT and relaxing.  Ahhh .... soon.

So, do you like tequila?  How do you take yours?  Any favorite brands?

Oh, and since I mentioned the T word, I am obligated to post the song too.  Standard operating procedure, and all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll have to check out Milagro.  I don't remember drinking it.  Thanks for the recommendation.

I've been drinking Hornitos lately;  normally in TnT form.  Sometime this summer I need to make tequila-oyster shooters.

• Like 1

Do like a good tequila slammer now and then -  when I was at Uni I lived with a guy who was obsessed with the stuff and would put it in a lot of his food and things :lol:

• Like 1

post-5064-0-67646000-1467051926_thumb.jpg daughter and son in law bought over $100 worth of booze for July 4th..his family took some rooms on the ocean below Daytona FL for a week...me and wifey go for couple of days..i like a shot ..just to kick beer off :P. Whiskey was my drink until few years ago..sippin' whiskey .....now I enjoy few beers or wine..every few days ..gonna be a great 4th of July :) enjoy!
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Interesting thread. I am a big tequila fan myself! The rule with tequila is to stick with 100% Agave tequilas. Your substandard Jose Cuervos, Sauzas etc etc are made with only 51% Agave, and the rest is sugar and filler. Most people swear off tequila because they have the shitty stuff that makes you sick as hell. If you aren't mixing different types of alcohol, and stick with unadulterated 100% Agave tequila, you can drink quite a lot without any terrible consequences or hangover.

I am a big fan of Cabo Wabo, and Don Julio products. Now I know most people can't drink Don Julio 1942 all the time, and so a decent budget 100% Agave tequila is Hornitos by Sauza. This is a budget tequila, but at least it is 100% agave- which is crucial!!!

• Like 1

Well im not a heavy drinker but from time to time I drink good wine with my dinner or maybe couple of freezed tequila shots...

IMG_0230.jpg

With my "El Divisadero" tequila glass souvenir. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was just gifted a bottle of Don Julio Anejo for my recent bday. Probably one of the smoothest tequilas I've ever tasted. A nice treat considering I usually get my liquor from the BOTTOM shelf... xD

• Like 1

I was just gifted a bottle of Don Julio Anejo for my recent bday. Probably one of the smoothest tequilas I've ever tasted. A nice treat considering I usually get my liquor from the BOTTOM shelf... xD

Wow, that is nice. That is one of the best tequilas out there. Patron and some others are too hyped up, it's all marketing. Whoever bought you that, tell them next time you want a bottle of Don Julio 1942. :P

Schnee: I'll have to try mezcal one of these days. We don't have a large selection of mezcal in Ontario, though. :(

• Like 1

just bought this one for christmas. dunno how it is

REAL%20MINERO%20ESPAD%C3%8DN,%20TRIP%C3%

I'll bet a shiny nickel that it'll be better than Cuervo :D

Wow, that is nice. That is one of the best tequilas out there. Patron and some others are too hyped up, it's all marketing. Whoever bought you that, tell them next time you want a bottle of Don Julio 1942. :P

Schnee: I'll have to try mezcal one of these days. We don't have a large selection of mezcal in Ontario, though. :(

I won't drink Patron unless it's free. Over-hyped and thus, over-priced. Thanks for the Don Julio advice -- I wouldn't have thought there was a BETTER version than what I had -- w0w :D It's on my list now, hehe

• Like 1