Adding W:ET on steam?

excedo

I keep asking myself the same question, what will happen if they add this masterpiece on steam? Will the game get a huge player boost again?!

Well... Since the game isn't easy to acces, because of the lack of promotion left, since it's old ofcourse.

I understood from Google that the actualy "owners" of the game is ZeniMax, I sended them a e-mail.

Dear ZeniMax,

I heard that you took over the rights of Wolfenstein: ET. I play this game for years, thousands of hours passed playing this Masterpiece, only there is one thing, this game isn't easy accesible anymore.

My question would be, since the game was always free to play, ADD it on STEAM!

It will give the game a huge boost again, Me and the active community want to stay this game alive, since there are atleast still 100 servers online, which people pay for... but compared to the amount of servers, there are barrely any players. So pleas on behalve of the community, add it on STEAM!

With kind regards,

Davey Schuite

Ofcourse I won't get a single reply, but it's always worth to give it a try. LOL.

I will also open a Thread on theire forums. :)

What you guys think about it? Imagine W:ET on Steam. It will only gain popularity again and popularity means, more updates for mods etc...

• Like 1

I shall just say:

Look at what happened since they put Quake LIve on steam... Now almost no player on servers.

Became buy to play, no free to play anymore... (not that i don't pay for good games, but ID software did release this game to be a stand alone freeware years ago. 

So i see no reason why i should pay for this. )

Anyway... imo, hell no, i wish they will never put it on steam.

Finally, i don't think that ET needs a boost of players.

Even more, it is easy to find on internet.

• Like 1

I shall just say:

Look at what happened since they put Quake LIve on steam... Now almost no player on servers.

Became buy to play, no free to play anymore... (not that i don't pay for good games, but ID software did release this game to be a stand alone freeware years ago. 

Well, that game was really never free, since it had in-game subscriptions, compared to W:ET wich is fully F2P. :)

Well, that game was really never free, since it had in-game subscriptions, compared to W:ET wich is fully F2P. :)

<=== Did ya played this game even at its release? o_o Before zenimax put it on Steam, it has always been free2play. Yes you could pay for a membership, but it  doesn't affect in anykind the game.

And nop ET isn't a free2play, it is free (freeware)  without anything to buy in-game or any other crappy stuff.

So, well fu** no, i really hope those guys won't have the same idea as they did for quake live.

(besides, do you REALLY THINK, that Zenimax will give something for free on steam? o_o Really dude .... it's as if you said that apple was giving something for free without thinking of any refunds...)

<=== Did ya played this game even at its release? o_o Before zenimax put it on Steam, it has always been free2play. Yes you could pay for a membership, but it  doesn't affect in anykind the game.

And nop ET isn't a free2play, it is free (freeware)  without anything to buy in-game or any other crappy stuff.

So, well fu** no, i really hope those guys won't have the same idea as they did for quake live.

Well, never really played Quake Live, So don't know much about that game, just googled somethings about it, well they just could add it on steam as download, Just to promote it, They don't have to intergrate it in steam... like Quake Live.

Subject have been talked about since years on Crossfire forums and the admins already had a few talk with Steam contact. Unfortunatly the game's partially dead and Steam will no longer even have a look into the game because no cups or competitions with high prize money will be organized. Steam have no interest on supporting games with no future

Subject have been talked about since years on Crossfire forums and the admins already had a few talk with Steam contact. Unfortunatly the game's partially dead and Steam will no longer even have a look into the game because no cups or competitions with high prize money will be organized. Steam have no interest on supporting games with no future

That sucks... I don't know much games who are atleast half as good as ET...
  • Like 1

I just don t fricking understand why splash damage haven t made the exact same game but with 2016 updated graffic . This game was soo sick when it came out , i m sure a ton of ppl would come back if the game stay the same but with better graffics.. i would deff pay to buy the game if it was needed

• Like 2

Unfortunately there's no money in putting the game on Steam. No $ involved, no incentive.

I just don t fricking understand why splash damage haven t made the exact same game but with 2016 updated graffic . This game was soo sick when it came out , i m sure a ton of ppl would come back if the game stay the same but with better graffics.. i would deff pay to buy the game if it was needed

Splash Damage made Enemy Territory: Quake Wars after this game and it wasn't as good. Then they made Brink, which was even worse. Now they just do grunt work on multi-player modes for other people's games. I would be excited if something like what you're suggesting was announced but it would probably end up being expensive and disappointing given their post-ET track record.

• Like 2

I shall just say:

Finally, i don't think that ET needs a boost of players.

Even more, it is easy to find on internet.

Exactly. If they do put ET on steam, it actually be worse or something. But, If all they do is add it on stem for free, then I would be totally in for it. It might give the clan a huge boost in activity :D But, when they put quake live on steam (As krusnik said) There were no players. I played it when it was free and when it was on steam and it costs 10$, I was like, "Screw this" It really was not worth the $$$

• Like 1

Exactly. If they do put ET on steam, it actually be worse or something. But, If all they do is add it on stem for free, then I would be totally in for it. It might give the clan a huge boost in activity :D But, when they put quake live on steam (As krusnik said) There were no players. I played it when it was free and when it was on steam and it costs 10$, I was like, "Screw this" It really was not worth the $$$

<=== I did for quake live, but... just wasted 10 euros for... nothing >.<

• Like 1

<=== I did for quake live, but... just wasted 10 euros for... nothing >.<

Lol ya. I use to love it and there was so much activity...... It would have been a great idea to have fa publish a server if it was free... That would be cool :D

The two main feature that i miss for sure: 

-rocket jump

-speed

Yep Quake it's fun, quick, brutal... all the stuff that i like (in fps , right? DId ya think of something else? You dirty boys!)

Oh and fragging with BFG <3 <3 <3

• Like 1

The two main feature that i miss for sure: 

-rocket jump

-speed

Yep Quake it's fun, quick, brutal... all the stuff that i like (in fps , right? DId ya think of something else? You dirty boys!)

Oh and fragging with BFG <3 <3 <3

I am pretty good with rail gun m8, 1v1 me :D (If I wanna pay 10 bucks for the game of course xD )