Ask Dr.Timo

TimoMajere

HOW OLD AM I?????? trick question

12340 years old?

Hey Doc when will my priapasm go away? It's been twenty years now.

Don't know.. have u tried singing it a lullaby?

Guest R..pace!

Hypothetically speaking: I was born in the middle of 2005. With respect to my age, what is the age of my significant other? (i.e 1 year younger? same? 1year older... etc)

Hypothetically speaking: I was born in the middle of 2005. With respect to my age, what is the age of my significant other? (i.e 1 year younger? same? 1year older... etc)

You must be confusing the term Psychic with Psychiatrist.. Bring her in and Let me see her ID.. and Ill be glad to tell you her age. :)

WHy do my balls itch when I wake up in the morning?

as above.. Im not a Pediatric Urologist.. Now if you hold resentment for your balls itchiness.. then we can talk.. ;D

Why are people obsessed with sex??

AHA.. now I can go both ways with that sentence.. and if anyone thought of sexual undertones with my OWN statement, you see why we are obsessed with sex.

In reality we are not so much with the act, however pleasant, but obsessed with the idea of continuing the species and bloodlines.. The F-word itself is of VERY old descent and it means 'Fornication Under Consent of the King' to which this link will reveal some very staggering facts about our own past. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/f***

Sex nowadays is more a badge of virility than it is for continuing the bloodlines.. younger and younger people are being slapped in the face full force with sexually illicid music videos and casual coments in the shows we watch and even in cartoons.. its no longer a thing of taboo.. it is more or less a domination act that has dire consequences afterwards IE: pregnancy, diseases,emotional outbursts leading to violence over infidelity... just to name but a few.

But to make it basic .. people arent obsessed with sex.. sex is mandatory for any of us to exist. It is the creation of life and deep in the subconsious in all of us.. we realize that is an amazing gift.. but also a great gamble.. we even schedule times and days to having it.. and it just feels damned good.

Edited by TimoMajere

Guest R..pace!

Sorry Tim, looks like I didn't phrase the question well enough ;). I could've changed the date of birth from 2005 to 1993 or 1981 or 1969, the question is still the same. I'm not asking about age standards, I'm asking about birth date-dependent compatibility.

Sorry Tim, looks like I didn't phrase the question well enough ;). I could've changed the date of birth from 2005 to 1993 or 1981 or 1969, the question is still the same. I'm not asking about age standards, I'm asking about birth date-dependent compatibility.

SO if i am getting this clearly.. You're asking about the compatability of relationsships depending on age alone? Thats not gonna be easy.. Sexual Peaks between men and women are vastly different.. Women peak at roughly 30 years of age.. and men at roughly 15-16 years of age.. so compatability would be obvious.. however.. there ARE laws that prevent this from happening ( robbing the cradle for instance)

Age is not a good prerequisite for relationships..

Ive met 3 girls who were born the exact same day and year that i was.. and relationships with them were pretty horrible.. ive dated older women ( 10-12 years older ) and dated younger ( 10 years is my limit ).. and lemme tell ya.. age didnt factor into it. In 1/2 the cases I was an arsehole.. and in the other half she was but she believed I was the arsehole.

Relationships are ALL about comprimises. To think one can be in a relationship and that everything you did before is NOT going to change is simply failure from day 1.Things have to change.. each one has to conform a little with the other. No longer can one go to a party and NOT expect the other half to either demand to be there too or get jealous that something occurred there.

Its an extremely difficult topic to just nail down in a forum thread.. heck thats why there exists marriage councillors and lawyers. :)

But over all age having a bearing in relationships should be just slightly below the 'Paper or Plastic' argument.

Guest R..pace!

Too right man, well said. Interesting how you said that when you dated people of your age, the relationship fell apart: this I think is a rule of thumb. Like you said, most cases involve many factors and are hence too complex to evaluate on the basis of age alone. Nonetheless, the general trend seems to be that people of the exact same age never mesh well. It's too bad this topic is too demanding in terms of explanations though I would be interested in what you would have said had it been possible to discuss it.

Im sure many people would love to inject some comments in here about it.. and I dont have a problem with that.. Its an interesting yet eluding topic.. Man's been dealing with how love works by breaking it down into sub categories like similar interests, physical attributes, wealth, lineage.. tehre is just so many complexities involved with relationships that its virtually impossible to isolate any one aspect and have it be successful in every thing.

With myself, the dating same aged people was more of a contrasting of egos than anything.. myself being a Leo and so we're they

I do tend to have some belief in Astrology and the horoscopes and how personalities tend to be based , even in instinctual forms, on chronological birth.

Take myself for instance.. the number 8 factors in my life SOO much, its scary.. Ill give just some brief info about it

I was born August 8th 1972 at 2:42am August 8th is both the month and day whioch is the 8th, 2:42am in 2+4+2= 8.. I am a Leo .. my middle name is Leonard.. when i turned 16 ( 8+8 ) it was 1988..

Thats just the tip of the iceberg for me.. so my existance mindset is somewhat drawn to that factor.. also the 8 is a mathematical figure and not just a number.. its the symbol for infinity or Lemniscate integer ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity ) and I tend to also believe in reincarnation based on many personal experiences with dejavu, ghosts and other paranormal phenomena.

These may not work for everyone and in some cases appear silly to others simply because they have not lived it.. I have.. so it makes sense to me.

Same goes for relationships and love in general.. theres no mathematical or scientific method or formulae for it.. It happens when it happens.. and for some reason.. each one of us KNOWS when it is 'The One' and when its just ' to pass the time til The One shows up' .. somewhat harkoning back to Antimony's *obsessed with sex* thread here.

If it was simple.. we'd have no love songs to sing, no love stories to read, no love movies to watch.. It wouldnt be on our minds at all.

Edited by TimoMajere

i have a question. you seem very intelligent and knowledgeable in a wide array of topics. so, my question is...when are you getting your own talk show? or until then i'll nominate you for FA's resident shrink/psych/doctor/medical adviser/go-to-guy/comedian/etc..

btw, that Fornication Under Consent of the King was quite interesting...learn something new everyday

i have a question. you seem very intelligent and knowledgeable in a wide array of topics. so, my question is...when are you getting your own talk show? or until then i'll nominate you for FA's resident shrink/psych/doctor/medical adviser/go-to-guy/comedian/etc..

btw, that Fornication Under Consent of the King was quite interesting...learn something new everyday

my own talk show.. that would be a riot, wouldnt it.. then I would have a great place to talk about the subtle things that annoy us .. such as:

'Why do people insist on walking in the middle of the sidewalk when other people are comming their way? Shouldnt it be the same on foot as it is on the road and walk on the proper side?'

or

'Why is it when you're in a rush, that someone who doest talk to you alot suddenly seems to have the need to express in detail how their day/life is going and how WE'RE the arsehole because we have to dismiss them quickly to get to where we need to?'

or.. and this is my favorite

'Why do Bills arrive days early and cheques arrive days late when they were issued on the very same day?'

I've always been a chatterbox kind of person and when i used to work in sales ( multiple times.. cars, clothes, door-to-door) the ability for the gift of Gab goes a long way in developing a quick rapport with the target consumer.. so having a vast array of topics in which to work off of was a positive boon.. most people will be more inclined to aquiesce positively in a deal when they have even a small bit of a connection with the other.. if they are treated as not just livestock and treated with respect to their opinions and desires.. alot of time they will be ready to work with me.

Thats where ive learned to be a fairly reasonable and approachable person and even after this much time, ive somehow absorbed alot of the info I see on the Boobtube and internet enough to mould it into conversation.

I dont believe I have a photographic memory but i managed to , at the moment its needed, bring the information up like a spreadsheet and pick up things quickly.

Also, the sense of humor was spawned out of.. get this.. fear.

Being beat up as a young teen was commonplace.. and where i had some martial arts training when i was really young.. i really did NOT like to use any sort of physicality on people because the one time I used it to defend myself in a fight I wound up breaking a kids arm and knee before I knew what was going on. I was young and impulsive and simply retaliated with what I knew how when i was backed into a corner.

So for the longest time.. I allowed myself to be picked on and bullied. Then one day a regular bully decided I was to be his 'entertainment' and I dont even know what it was I said, something in the lines of ' Anywhere but the face.. i have a dinner with family tonight and this is my bread and butter'. Something like that. and it was weird cause he started laughing and said he couldnt pick on me anymore cause of it and not 2 minutes later, another bully decided to pick up where he had left off and sucker punched me in the gut.. I was down ghasping for air when i saw the FIRST bully absolutely DRILL the 2nd one and had him on the ground pummeling him saying ' If anyone picks on him from now on its me.. or else you deal WITH me'

In the back of my head, the part that wasnt crying like a lil girl that is, was saying ' Theres something TO this humor stuff.. cant stop bullets, but seems to stops fists.. I outta work on this more'

I wasnt like the kids of today who defend themselves from being called names with a gun in their waistband. Kids today are too scared to get their ass whipped. but in my day.. thats how it was.. we fought.. we picked up out teeh and the next day we both knew it was over.. we moved on. Problem solved..

Not anymore.. kids today.. u call'em a name, they'll just keep going and going and going, provoking and provoking.. even if noone retaliates back.. they push until it breaks and then they start to pull out the knifes or bats or guns.... but thats another story altogether..

Edited for typos.. and LORD oh LORD I made a few. lol

Edited by TimoMajere