Why you play ET ?

TopGuN

Every single time I run the game, I just get sucked into the nostalgic feeling of a time where things were so simple.

Just a little kid with his big crt monitor & Packard Bell pc playing Runescape secretly all night long.
It was my first FPS, and always will be my favorite. I have actually learned IRL stuff from the game. 
ET will always be in a category of its own. 
  • Like 1

Unreal Tournament 1999 was my first fps. I loved that game to death when i was a kid. But nothing can beat ET. My dad introduced it to me in 2006 and ever since then i've been hooked. Im a social person and ET was and still is, provided you join the right community/server, a solid ground to meet a load of awesome people. So on top of the fact that you get to kill people, you also get to chill with the people you kill :D You may say there are many games nowadays that provide that atmosphere and thrill but ET will and will always be a classic! It also requires a lot of skill, teamwork and strategy so it gets you thinking and always keeps you on your toes whether you're casually playing or "scrimming". All in all, ET is one of the most revolutionary FPS games to have ever surfaced and of course my one and only true love......okay " mayeb" (looking at you angel :P) thats a bit too far :P

Was my first computer game ever played!! Boyfriend started playing Et long before We started dating and urged me to try it, I didn't really want to since I was never good at FPS games but I did and have been hooked ever since :D

Same here my bf started playing before we got together over ten years ago and got me into it too but I've only been playing for a few years we fought over who got to play first to the point I had to get my own pc

• Like 1

Same here my bf started playing before we got together over ten years ago and got me into it too but I've only been playing for a few years we fought over who got to play first to the point I had to get my own pc

We had the same thing with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and later his Steam account lol, I loved playing the game Left 4 Dead 2 so when he wasnt using his account I would run on there to play his games xD

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Im playing because it's so god damn addicting. :D Plus the community is strong and its nice to chat and play with old friends from years back. Some might say I play too much, but the fraze "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted" works well here. :)

• Like 2

I used to play COD alot in the past, however I don't like where they took the game: way to many type of classes, useless attachments and unrealistic rewards for poor performers. W.ET is simple, fun and I feel nostalgic whenever I get to play the game ! Will always be my favorite FPS ! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One word... Gameplay

despite high end graphical games, ET just has that perfect chemistry and the fact it is open source, mods made it. players/coders took it to the level its at today. best 280MB DL ever!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I play as a way to relieve stress when I don't want to think about serious things or do work, etc.  I log in at the end of the day to give myself a reward.  I use it for breaks during the day to have some fun when I am bored.

That is not to say it is boring.  It is so much fun still after thousands of hours playing.  The game play, balance and team aspect is incredible.  It is the only video game I play, except for silly mobile games.

• 3 weeks later...