Why you play ET ?

TopGuN

To me, best fps, team-based game out there. Played a lot of CS but i like ET way more. The only game i played more or even is Diablo 2. Et is a great way to let stress go for sure. Good to see there is still a community :D

• Like 2

I started to play Return to castle wolfestein in 2003-2004, when i had 6-7 years old (but i didn't want play the level "boss" jajajajajaj), and one day, my dad was playing RTCW multiplayer, and the next day, i was playing online, and years ago, i started to play et :v

It helps unwind. Or procrastinate before another jump into the unknown or starting on yet one more Augean stable. Matches are relatively short, with few unfortunate exceptions. While it still tracks stupid XP and skill points, with XP save that's not much of an issue. It can run on shit but still has the essential classes/weapons/visuals. And you can fall in love with shotty on jay1 (and perhaps never leave).

ET isn't one and only game I play btw.

Edited by effexx
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

What other game has trick jumping or vsays like ET? Lol

Mostly, it's the people. Not to many new players anymore. Most of us have been around for years. We have all made good friends, have many memories, a lot of fun times and experiences. We've been in different clans, played different mods, been on teams and can talk about other memorable servers and players that have come and gone.

We've played together at different times, drifted apart, then crossed paths again. No matter what your age, we have all grown up together in ET. We're a generation of gamers, no different than a generation of people who grew up in the same era, like the 60's, et al. We have that common bind. One day, hopefully long from now, ET will be gone, The servers will be gone, but we'll remember the first map we played, the first server we were a regular on. I'll remember the time I pwn'd sQzz in a 1v1, or when I kicked Nuggan from Nbs' pub server. thinking he was hacking. Being on TS with different players. My first ever best friend in ET; Hagster. We'll see someone on Facebook or in another game that we recognize from ET. We'll watch mAus: The Movie on YouTube or show it to our friends that never played ET (or maybe never heard of it). And we'll remember we were a part of the greatest FPS game there ever was. A game that didn't need realistic graphics, or military radio talk in the background, or maps based on current affairs in the world. A game that was really very simple in design, but perfect at the same time

That's a big part of why I keep playing. See, I love this game and everything about it. It's a real love affair that has become ingrained in my blood, my heart and my soul. I wish I was more skilled at it, but I don't really care about that. I'm just happy that I got to be a part of it.

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 3

Since it's the best FPS for me, It's more addictive than a bag of Weed. lol

The gameplay is like perfect. :)

Edited by equaLz

• 4 weeks later...

its the best game i haved play,i like bf series too,but when u play et,u need team work,and got objectif to do ,not simply to put a bomb on a place!!!!!

and its the best skill game a haved play in my life!!!!!

ET for life

you so right team play but when last time you saw  team play :) any way i think this is the best game  make you happy make you mad  everything in one package lol :)))

I have no clue why I play. I have no control over myself and click the shortcut and then wonder what I'm doing with my life while I sit 18 secs to respawn.

• Like 1

Was my first computer game ever played!! Boyfriend started playing Et long before We started dating and urged me to try it, I didn't really want to since I was never good at FPS games but I did and have been hooked ever since :D

• Like 2

Best objective type game I've ever played... anyone can kill anyone but to do an objective and play different classes nothing I've come across compares. I have a PS4 but I might as well sell it because I play ET over PS4 anyday of the week.

BEST GAME EVER, the people that play it and talk on TS are pretty cool also!

Was my first computer game ever played!! Boyfriend started playing Et long before We started dating and urged me to try it, I didn't really want to since I was never good at FPS games but I did and have been hooked ever since :D

So you have a B/F ..... aww BS there goes my dreams

Edited by Vetter2003
  • Like 2

First, it may seem strange but I love World War II . I think regardless of maps published the enemy territory scenario is much like what happens in war movies and you really feel the emotion living this game , living within the game. Anyway, I think these words describe why I be so addicted to it

• Like 2

Best objective type game I've ever played... anyone can kill anyone but to do an objective and play different classes nothing I've come across compares. I have a PS4 but I might as well sell it because I play ET over PS4 anyday of the week.

BEST GAME EVER, the people that play it and talk on TS are pretty cool also!

So you have a B/F ..... aww BS there goes my dreams

Sorry bout that xD

• Like 1

It's a easy question, I like every game Wolfenstein, Wolf 3d, Return the Castle of Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein (2009) and Wolfenstein the new order, how ET is a game Return the Castle of Wolfenstein, i love it!!

PS:I play a lot CS:GO, 

• Like 1

i have tried to get into other games like CS but the shooting seems much more random and poor hit registration and i could never fix it with any tweak. COD hit registration is better than CS but i found it much less skilled. ET feels good and i can't quit lol

first of all i like love the gamplay with the classes and the objectives.

you can play different styles, offensive, defensive, obj or just fragging.

its just a sexy game with style and i am so happy that ET communities still exists :D :D :D

• Like 1