DOOM - Fight Like Hell Cinematic Trailer

SiD

This looks so great. :3 They are really playing up the hype... As long as they keep to the old doom formula I think the game is going to do really well. I hope ID haven't lost their roots either... this could be a great title for FA to host servers if they do the private sever thing. ^.^ I'm surprised we haven't done other games like Quake Live yet.. it's not over demanding, cheap and is another good avenue for us. :)  I miss the good old arena shooters where people would just have fun shooting each other and not crying about skill or being blown up by rockets. <.<

If my pc can handle this I might buy it :) *crosses fingers*

Here's the requirements as of now in the beta stage:

Minimum:

CPU:Intel Core i5-2400 or better / AMD FX-8320 or better

Recommend:

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770 or better / AMD FX-8350 or better

RAM:

8 GB RAM

Minimum:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or better / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better

Recommended:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) or better / AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better

Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Store: Up to 22GB HDD space

Network: Broadband internet connection

Seems to be pretty demanding depending what experience you want out of it.

Here's the requirements as of now in the beta stage:

Minimum:

CPU:Intel Core i5-2400 or better / AMD FX-8320 or better

Recommend:

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770 or better / AMD FX-8350 or better

RAM:

8 GB RAM

Minimum:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or better / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better

Recommended:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) or better / AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better

Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Store: Up to 22GB HDD space

Network: Broadband internet connection

Seems to be pretty demanding depending what experience you want out of it.

Maybe I will get this game when I get a new PC :D

• 5 months later...

To start with, someone mixed 2 and 6 on system requirements, its taking 62GB of space on my disk. Runs on Vulkan API really smooth @1440p counting between 87 to 120FPS on Ultra settings. Haven´t encountered any stutter\lag yet in 45h. Though it crashes randomly once in a while, oh well, restart helps. In order to squeeze every FPS out with AMD GPU-s on Vulkan the AA settings should be: OFF or TSAAx8, then Async Compute is working also, adds about 10% more FPS on top of Vulkan performance boost.

Graphics looks detailed enough to make monsters scary and environment looking nice, there´s not much time anyways to enjoy the view.

The game play is really fast paced, without moving all the time death comes quickly. No point trying to strafe on place and outsmart them, demons outrun by numbers with this tactic. Run and gun brings the victory.

The demons are familiar from first installments as are the guns true to DOOM. Only annoying things at first are Bethesdas "knife kills", in this game they are named "Glory Kills" and are finishers after demons have taken some damage. With easier difficulty levels they seem off the place, but on higher difficulty levels one starts to appreciate those finishing moves dropping ammo and health or\and armor. Armor drops comes later with rune upgrades. Yep there´s this thing called rune upgrade, needs to be unlokced completing secret rune missions. There are some upgrades on weapons and skills also, unlocked with advancement on levels. Oh and there´s some story and collectibles, if anyone ever would be interested;)

Killing demons goes by similar tactics as in first DOOMs, only pinkies can´t be brought down so easily anymore, 1-2 super shotgun shots aren´t enough here. They need to be lured to stun them self and then back shots will deal damage. BFG9000 is in the game also.

All in all a good game. I saw 50% discount on it but after reading reviews I thought, heck, ID was bold enough to come out with very positively recieved pure FPS, I should at least appreciate their work, and took it with full price. Not regretting it.

Well after first run through on difficulty level Hurt Me Plenty it felt a bit too easy. Then I was inspired by only pistol run on Ultra Nightmare:

Started next Game Slot 2 on Ultra Violence difficulty and only gun + nades. Now the game made sense, every monster jumping out of corners made me jump on my chair also. And its fun and adrenaline bumping with all that metal riffs going on background.

Anyone else have done only pistol runs? Finally made it to the end, after dying countless times on "Vega Central processing" level. Took me about 10h to finally finish that damned level. Will see how the final boss goes tomorrow.

post-3155-0-64378400-1473550900_thumb.jpg

post-3155-0-50749700-1473550910_thumb.jpg

post-3155-0-70681600-1473550918_thumb.jpg

post-3155-0-84105600-1473550927_thumb.jpg

post-3155-0-75848200-1473550936_thumb.jpg

• Like 1