This computer good?

St0rmSlaSh

For 520 USD, here what i found:

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i3650-3133SLV-Desktop-Silver/dp/B019TTJDY6/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459465608&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A3012497011%2Cp_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A12035945011%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A7817224011

• Intel Core i5-6400 2.6 GHz Processor with NVIDIA GT 730 Graphics
  • 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM Included; 16 GB Maximum
  • 1 TB HDD Storage; Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
  • No Monitor Included
  • Windows 10 Operating System; Silver Chassis

I think that would be by far better than what you first post :) (imo)

ps: of course, this choice is a result of not getting something out of your "range" as you want something nice not too expensive.

Edited by Krusnik87
  • Like 3

For 520 USD, here what i found:

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i3650-3133SLV-Desktop-Silver/dp/B019TTJDY6/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459465608&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A3012497011%2Cp_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A12035945011%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A7817224011

• Intel Core i5-6400 2.6 GHz Processor with NVIDIA GT 730 Graphics
  • 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM Included; 16 GB Maximum
  • 1 TB HDD Storage; Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
  • No Monitor Included
  • Windows 10 Operating System; Silver Chassis

I think that would be by far better than what you first post :) (imo)

ps: of course, this choice is a result of not getting something out of your "range" as you want something nice not too expensive.

Dude, that is a nice pc, that one has a better gpu than mine (gt 610) I think I might get this one :D

• Like 1

If there's anything my line of work has taught me lately, it's that 8GB is the new norm for RAM. Forget about DDR4 too- it won't make your PC that much faster, and you're paying a huge price premium.

I like the machine that Krusnik suggested... though have you thought about going the refurb route?

• Like 1

If there's anything my line of work has taught me lately, it's that 8GB is the new norm for RAM. Forget about DDR4 too- it won't make your PC that much faster, and you're paying a huge price premium.

I like the machine that Krusnik suggested... though have you thought about going the refurb route?

refurb route?

I agree that DDR4 2xmodules are waste of space, and on 2 slot mobo restricts upgrade possibilities. But it is Skylake platform, DDR3 ain´t working (DDRLP3 would but it fries the IC afaik). 8GB for RAM and 4GB for VRAM are the standards for todays gaming, that I´ve noticed too.

Put together some sample parts in newegg and yes 560$ is the mark to hit (with OS included, though you can still upgrade your Win7\8 to Win10 for free atm), though I´d try to ask for better i3 with higher Ghz and ask what exactly are those HDD\PSU\RAM parts.

-I´d aim for DDR4 13 or 14 CL 2133Mhz RAM(h110 chipset didn´t work on higher speeds anyways).

-For HDD I´d prefer SSD also, something under 70$ would be fine, just not BX200\Adata SP550\Trion 100- Trion has improved 150 version out. If you want best, go for Samsung evo\MX200 though they cost significantly more.

-About PSU, ask if its G2? If it isn´t then put your PC together by yourself, with that money it has to be at least EVGA G2 550W PSU.

And yep GPU can be GTX 950, if you can grab some good deal for Super OC version, then its almost as good as GTX 960... Aim for 4GB versions.

I agree that DDR4 2xmodules are waste of space, and on 2 slot mobo restricts upgrade possibilities. But it is Skylake platform, DDR3 ain´t working (DDRLP3 would but it fries the IC afaik). 8GB for RAM and 4GB for VRAM are the standards for todays gaming, that I´ve noticed too.

Put together some sample parts in newegg and yes 560$ is the mark to hit (with OS included, though you can still upgrade your Win7\8 to Win10 for free atm), though I´d try to ask for better i3 with higher Ghz and ask what exactly are those HDD\PSU\RAM parts.

-I´d aim for DDR4 13 or 14 CL 2133Mhz RAM(h110 chipset didn´t work on higher speeds anyways).

-For HDD I´d prefer SSD also, something under 70$ would be fine, just not BX200\Adata SP550\Trion 100- Trion has improved 150 version out. If you want best, go for Samsung evo\MX200 though they cost significantly more.

-About PSU, ask if its G2? If it isn´t then put your PC together by yourself, with that money it has to be at least EVGA G2 550W PSU.

And yep GPU can be GTX 950, if you can grab some good deal for Super OC version, then its almost as good as GTX 960... Aim for 4GB versions.

Ya. But, I think I might go for the inspiration. It has some really good specs to start with. I do not really care for HDD or SDD because I only have a HDD on my current pc and it's just fine. If I do get that pc, I would upgrade GPU first to gtx 950 or 960

Nvidia gt is basically low end gpu unit. SO... you cant play Witcher III max resolution on it. I strongly recommend GTX 760 or something better

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 1

Not bad , but i bought almost the same , i3 dual core 3.2ghz + 9800gtx (nvidia) 1TB HDD for 200€ here in Croatia :>

Jut wanted to say : "!slap conquery biatchy budddy for getting cheap stuff in your country, i hate ya!".

Mr St0rmSlash, have ya bought your new pc yet?

• Like 2

Jut wanted to say : "!slap conquery biatchy budddy for getting cheap stuff in your country, i hate ya!".

Mr St0rmSlash, have ya bought your new pc yet?

Nope, plan to save during the summer. I got 20$ rn lol