Bots on Jay3.

devil*

So first off I just want to confirm this topic isn't about reducing bots, or getting rid of them as that idea has been set in stone for a long time and there is no need to change it for many reasons.

I have found- that when the bots on jay3 do connect to fill the spaces they contribute to the teams becoming uneven in the amount of human players in due course. Let me elaborate:

The allies has a total of 8 players, and the axis has a total of 8 players. 4 players on each team are human, not bots. 4 humans, 4 bots, most likely even 90% of the time.  A player called say devil joins the allies team and a bot disconnects, so the total player count is still 8 on allies, but has 5 humans and 3 bots, and the axis has 4 humans and 4 bots. Now this isn't a problem in itself but can lead to one. What should happen (in my idea if it is possible) is a bot should disconnect from the axis team, so the axis team now has 7 players meaning the next player to join a team is forced to join the axis. As this does not happen what tends to occur is that a player purposefully or not purposefully can join the team with more human players than the other team. So back to my example- devil joined the allies and it has 5 humans and 3 bots, and the axis has 4 humans and 4 bots, then another player happens to also joins the allies as that option is available leaving the total count of humans on the allies at 6 and at axis at 4. Now this doesn't always present itself as a problem as the skill level can sometime balance it out but in the worst case scenario it doesn't. As admins are not vampires and do not sit on the servers all night this tends to happen which I have noticed and sorted out by asking the player to move if the teams are completely imbalanced, or by putting them if they choose not to, assuming the teams are unbalanced in both scores k/d ratio etc.  

I might of overdone it on the explaining but I wanted to make sure it is understandable :P. This may be a minor problem for now, or not a problem whatsoever. But I just thought I may as well suggest the idea. 

• Like 1

I'm just writing a thought.

Do you remember last night when there was 2 humans and 6 bots at axis and 6 humans and 2 bots at allies and axis still dominated fairly (bcs of anarchy and someone).

I'm supporting the idea itself because normally this can cause uneven teams where other has got 3 and the other none (bots). And it's happened quite a few times and is indeed frustrating :)

To have this done properly, teams should be maintained pretty even almost all the time, otherwise this could cause that teams would be very uneven in situations like yesterday... Afterall these kind of tricky situations mostly take place at night time and  mostly your suggested way would be evening teams

ps. I'm not sure what I just wrote but whatever :blink: 

No that makes sense, but 9/10 this won't happen and if it does usually and admin will be present to make sure the teams stay fairly even.

However you can't always be perfect with the teams and I do think having the bots force the player to join the team with one less player would be an advantage- but still more opinions are mostly likely needed.

• Like 1

i think this has been discussed before in many topics about bots placing in right team after someone disconnects but as u see bots tend to join on the basis of scores alot and on xp i think and there is nothing much admins or staff+ can do and if there is a situation with 6human 2 bots on 1 team and 2humans and 6 bots on other its time for u to step in and use !put command to balance only after asking them in main chat to balance and if they dont then use put command and balance or tell an admin who is active...

• Like 1