I'm Lagging not from my internet can someone help me :(?

Kurdich

Hey,Guys i dont know if this is right section to post topic about Help: anyway Move to right section if this isnt that section//

Iam lagging im 100% sure its not from My internet beacuse my friend near me playing ET he is not lagging he is fine but mine is Zombie - 500 600ping in all

Server i tested in all server is there any problem with mine Config or something?? If you help me God bless you ... i fell made when i go behind someone and iam

lagging .... bad ty

REgards

Kurd'ich

Hi, Kurd'ich! I'm Flible. I know some minor things about computers and I can at least try to help you out!

Firstly, it is important for me and future readers of this thread that we have all the information necessary to help in the diagnostic process.

Press and hold the windows flag key and press R. This will open the "run" menu. Type dxdiag and press enter.

This will provide you with some information as to your computer, including:

-Operating System (Windows X with 32/64 bit, i.e.)

-System model

-Processor

-Memory

Furthermore, some basics as to your internet connection are a welcome addition:

-Cable? ADSL? Other?

-Video card?

-Any sudden point of occurence? i.e., could you play normally X days/weeks ago and nowadays have a high ping, or already had it since installation?

-Have you tried reinstalling ET?

-Have you tried checking if your ping is also extremely high in different servers?

-How "Near" is your friend playing a different game? Would he be able to play ET (for diagnostic purposes)? Is he actually connected to the same physical internet connection that you use?

-Have you tried speedtest.net?

Please check if there is a packet loss between your router and your PC (Have you got a router?). Here's how.

http://www.techfleece.com/2011/03/10/how-to-check-for-packet-loss-between-your-router-and-computer-connection/

Lastly, there are some basic-shit-that-covers-a-hugeass-amount-of-bugs-and-errors procedures one can go through. I usually do this to speed up people's computer:

-checkdisks. To do this, hold the windows flag key and press R. Type cmd and press enter. If your main harddrive is C:, type this: /chkdsk C: /r /x

Note that your checkdisk is started next time you turn your computer on. With /r and /x added, this may be a process of several hours!

-Download and install the following programs:

1. Ad-Aware
  2. Ccleaner
  3. Malwarebytes
  4. AVG Free (unless you use mcafee and/or kaspersky as anti virusscanner. These programs fudge each other up.)
  5. Eusing Registry Cleaner

After having downloaded and installed these programs, start your computer in Safe Mode. Safe Mode should disengage drivers and cut you off from external networks. It also allows certain places of your computer to be reached by things such as a virusscanner, normally unreachable. Compare it to a flying airplane - it's pretty difficult to enter it while it's flying.

To start in Safe Mode, you'll have to google how to start in Safe Mode for your computer model (see dxdiag). Generally, you have to repetitively mash one of the F buttons (F8 for most, I think) as your computer is starting up to the login screen. It'll prompt a list of options including starting in safe mode.

Once in Safe Mode, launch Ad-Aware. Scan and fix whatever Ad-Aware finds. Then close Ad-Aware again. Next, Malwarebytes. Scan, fix. AVG (or your own virusscanner). Scan, fix. Ccleaner. Scan, fix. Then eusing registry cleaner. Scan, fix.

Turn off your computer and turn it on again. If it has not fixed the ping, at least you have a very clean computer now. As if it was given a pedicure!

Looking forward to your next piece of this puzzle,

Flible

• Like 6

Hey, Thanks for your answer.

i called my cousin He moved to me and we Fixed all we clean my Laptop all virus etc.

I moved Next ADSL And i played ET game there was no lag So i had virus or something that was lagging me and i changed some settings in ET so now its fine. thanks

Thanks Flible for your answer.. ;)

moved to proper section

Close topic please D..X thanks

Regards

Kurd'ich

Edited by Kurd'ich
  • Like 1

Topic reopened on my request. Problem seems to be that Kurd'Ich only has an ADSL connection available to him - is there a way to make this more viable for games like ET? This is beyond my knowledge.

• Like 1

I use ADSL, as do most people? Its a typical broadband connection type up to 40Mb usually.

Can you be more specific?

Edited by Barn!e

I may be wrong, but if you considering that ET doesn't require lots of data/sec, the main thing would be ping related. 

And for this, unless your house is close to the DSLAM, and in a country close to where the servers are situated... you can't do much about this.

Oh and if possible, avoid connecting your computer with wifi, can be pretty unstable (if possible in your house :o).

Just a tip, if someone is sharing his internet connexion, and while he's playing, someone else is sucking up his data, he can still give a try by using his mobile phone as a modem

(which is an option that use almost everyday <3 ). with this for example, i can have a stable ping at 160/170 (could be better yep, but could also be far worse >:3  ).

Edited by Krusnik87
  • Like 2

Maybe its a problem on my laptop beacuse my friend near me playing 1Meter far from me. he is not lagging. maybe its from my Laptop the Wifi thing is low if iam far...

need to fix this. by my self irl. thanks guys

Thanks

Flible
  • Like 1

So you do share your connexion, and both of ya playing... AND sometimes you're far away from wifi source...

There you go mate! You have solve your trouble alone. Both of these are also reasons why you can lag like a wh**e (as i used to say IG <3 ).

If ya two are playing, better plug ethernet cables. Or just don't download any prOn too ;)

You shouldn't play games using wifi. Wifi is an unreliable piece of crap. Plug in the cable!

/e And ignore the post above. Somebody who recommends not downloading pr0n is not credible.

Edited by Flible
  • Like 1

Maybe its a problem on my laptop beacuse my friend near me playing 1Meter far from me. he is not lagging. maybe its from my Laptop the Wifi thing is low if iam far...

need to fix this. by my self irl. thanks guys

Thanks

Flible

If you are situated next to your friend, they may be some Wifi signal interference between you two. Make sure that your friend is not sitting between you and your access point (your router usually). This weakens your signal considerably. Wifi is not recommended connection type for gaming, because of many factors that influence the connection. If you can not connect to internet otherwise than by Wifi, make sure that there are no obstacles between your (i assume) laptop and your router (or nearest access point).

If you have Android phone/tablet, there are apps you can download and measure the signal strength (i.e. Wifi Analyzer) if you think the signal is weak. However, signal strength is only one of many factors - signal quality, channel, encryption type, router software, Wifi driver...

• Like 1

You shouldn't play games using wifi. Wifi is an unreliable piece of crap. Plug in the cable!

/e And ignore the post above. Somebody who recommends not downloading pr0n is not credible.

i play only using wifi.

and who downloads pr0n anymore? just view it online.

also keep in mind if you're playing on wifi, things like microwave can have adverse effect on wifi or if you have mobile device also on wifi next to ur computer, it can also cause wifi lag.

you can boost wifi signal by a bit with a couple beer cans. google beer can wifi booster. i cba.

i play only using wifi.

and who downloads pr0n anymore? just view it online.

also keep in mind if you're playing on wifi, things like microwave can have adverse effect on wifi or if you have mobile device also on wifi next to ur computer, it can also cause wifi lag.

you can boost wifi signal by a bit with a couple beer cans. google beer can wifi booster. i cba.

What the crap in pr0n? I looked it up on the geek dictionary.....

I play using my trusty LAN cable > : )

Edited by St0rmSlaSh
  • Like 2