wifi signal issues.

im sat here with stong 4 bars, sometimes 5. then it will just crap out and drop to 1 or 2, usually this isn't an issue, but while playing ET im getting full 5 second "connection interrupted" then lagometer is all yellow n red, instead of green n blue. tried updating drivers on laptop. but also its not always, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt.

any ideas?

• Like 1

Router crapping out? How old is it?

Anything that can cause interference nearby?

Have you tried plugging into Ethernet for a bit just to see if you have the same issues with wired connectivity as well?

• Platinum VIP

First, what kind of router is it? Is it a dual band? How far away are you from your router? Have you tried rebooting your modem and your router? And like I said above I tried connecting with an ethernet cable and see what happens

What channel are u using? any of your neighbours using the same? Any household appliance switching on at the same time, any other user logging in to your wifi at that moment?

it seems to be more signal drops then anything that is affecting me.

post-12106-0-70503500-1458078419_thumb.jpg

how do i make it avoid this one thats giving 100% packet loss?

its my neighbors internet, he gives me the grace of the password for the wifi. he also allowed me the password to the router, it was not admin/admin or admin/password. idk the router, but its less then 6 months old.

this is intermittent / sporadic problem, but it does need fixing.

i can borwse and use youtube etc to a certain extent, but it is limiting my internet usage capabilities.

seems to be a wifi issue only for me, my neighbor is wired in on his computer/console.

Hmm... I don't suppose you are using a USB wireless adapter, are you?

Don't worry about hop 10- if there truly was 100% packet loss, it would never reach the destination- so you can see that router/switch is ignoring ICMP packets.

Hmm... I don't suppose you are using a USB wireless adapter, are you?

Don't worry about hop 10- if there truly was 100% packet loss, it would never reach the destination- so you can see that router/switch is ignoring ICMP packets.

nope, on board wifi stuff. should i use usb wifi adapter instead?

im sat here with stong 4 bars, sometimes 5. then it will just crap out and drop to 1 or 2, usually this isn't an issue, but while playing ET im getting full 5 second "connection interrupted" then lagometer is all yellow n red, instead of green n blue. tried updating drivers on laptop. but also its not always, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt.

any ideas?

Tell your neighbor to get off of the wi-fi XD

• Like 3

Tell your neighbor to get off of the wi-fi XD

or read what i said, and you'll see i said my neighbor is on wired connection.

seems to be a wifi issue only for me, my neighbor is wired in on his computer/console.

• Like 1

• Leader

or read what i said, and you'll see i said my neighbor is on wired connection.

That was Storm's little joke.  :)

• Like 1

That was Storm's little joke.   :)

yea i know, but when you've had this trouble for nearly a weak its not a joking issue.

anyways, all that aside, it seems to have righted itself now. no idea of the cause or fix. i'd rather know the cause and fix so if it happens again i can fix it, for now, i can play again. so all is well.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

it seems to be more signal drops then anything that is affecting me.

attachicon.gifbadjuicy.jpg

how do i make it avoid this one thats giving 100% packet loss?

its my neighbors internet, he gives me the grace of the password for the wifi. he also allowed me the password to the router, it was not admin/admin or admin/password. idk the router, but its less then 6 months old.

this is intermittent / sporadic problem, but it does need fixing.

i can borwse and use youtube etc to a certain extent, but it is limiting my internet usage capabilities.

The only way to solve your problem is by getting your own wi fi then you have control of it,