old farts only

GraveDigger

good old Slayer, now me being a child of the 90's I got f***ing pop shite , as i was to young to even know what Metal was

pwned.

Technically I'm not an old Fart (only 34) but I feel the need to throw my two cents in here.

Hell yeah, I remember the good ol' days of MTV. Staying up late to watch the Headbangers Ball and 120 minutes. That's where my musical education began. Remember rolling my eyes at my mom for telling me that it was all "devil music" and it was garbage. Hahahaha.

I was your typical young girl. . . loving the birth of Mtv and all the musicians it spawned...and yeah I had my hearthrobs back then...my taste may have changed a bit but I stil love this guy :wub:

a very cool song and video celebrating good old Rock & Roll

Edited by Silly Wench

Thor said I would prob want to post lots in here...mebbe not lots but def a few.

So here are some more:

When rap was cool and not the bs it is now :thumbsup

The 80's also proved that chicks could rock out just as good as the fellas :punk

There was also the occasional love song, but they all weren't sappy and whiny

Love the Billy Idol song!

Here is an incredible Megadeth song - "Into The Lungs of Hell"

The guy who created Megadeth was David Mustaine, who had previously played guitar for a little band called Metallica (he wrote most of their first album).

He was kicked out of Metallica because he got drunk too much and then his dog jumped on James Hetfield's car and scratched the hood. Not kidding.

How bad of an alcoholic do you have to be to get kicked out of Metallica?

good old Slayer, now me being a child of the 90's I got f***ing pop shite , as i was to young to even know what Metal was

Now, now...don't knock the 90's. a lot of great stuff has come from the 90's...not to mention the late 90's rekindled the spark that many of us still had when metal pretty much faded...

My alltime absolutely favorite band. They were born in the 80's but really didn't become known until early 90 - 91

Soz but punk rock may have been the first but the 90's mosh pits were great (and scary)

WARNING! The following video contains disturbing images and/or lyrics.

One of my favorite genres. . . INDUSTRIAL

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think thee is anything "poppy" about the previously mention music... :hmm

!slap Silly Wench this is an Old Farts thread for 80's music.

Dern women, always getting bs_offtopic.gif

Someone is gonna sleep on the couch tonightlaugh.gif

These were the days:

2mgjui9.jpg

34t5x6c.jpg

zn7zn6.jpg

34iqs6q.jpg

Who knew that one day those ticket stubs would be so nostalgic. But it does bring back memories.

Now, now...don't knock the 90's. a lot of great stuff has come from the 90's...not to mention the late 90's rekindled the spark that many of us still had when metal pretty much faded...

My alltime absolutely favorite band. They were born in the 80's but really didn't become known until early 90 - 91

Soz but punk rock may have been the first but the 90's mosh pits were great (and scary)

WARNING! The following video contains disturbing images and/or lyrics.

One of my favorite genres. . . INDUSTRIAL

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think thee is anything "poppy" about the previously mention music... :hmm

holy shit

i caught Ministry on their "a mind is a terrible thing to taste tour". spent over half the show in the pit. it was nuts.

o yea, Sepultura opened for them

These were the days:

2mgjui9.jpg

34t5x6c.jpg

zn7zn6.jpg

34iqs6q.jpg

i remember when i could see a badass band for 20 bucks. last big show i caught cost me 80 bucks. times have changed