86 Camaro Junkyard Adventure

OnionKnight

All this talk of heater cores. hehe. my 79 camaros went leaking..i lived in N Miami Beach..easy fix.. open hood pull off the hoses,put in a coupling..done..not cold enough to care. :P.

• Like 1

"WAY BETTER ! f*** THAT CARB !! FUEL INJECTION IS THE BEST INVENTION EVER !! YOU OLD FOLKS CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT CARBS BUT JOKES ON YOU.....IN 20 YEARS YOUR ALL DEAD !!! I STILL BE LAUGHIN....until the hard part came..........."

I got 670HP out of a 396 stock core block. Do that with fuel injection and meet me on the 1/4 mile. My money is on my naturally aspirated engine.

I'm 45..... I. Got 50 years left.

WHAT 50 YEARS !! Well I am 27 and you will  probably outlive me :lol:. It is what a person prefers. I don't care for carbs but I am more familiar with fuel injection in general and it is what I prefer. Maybe it is because I work on diesel machinery all day but it is what I am familiar with. I would still take injectors any day of the week. Whether it is carb or fuel injection, anyone can reach any point. The argument over which one is better is older than when christ was a cowboy. Just depends how much money you want to throw at it.

All this talk of heater cores. hehe. my 79 camaros went leaking..i lived in N Miami Beach..easy fix.. open hood pull off the hoses,put in a coupling..done..not cold enough to care. :P.

Don't ever drive up north with it lol. That is how my car was setup when I got it. Previous owner was like "holy f*** no am I doing a heater core. Rather freeze in Northern Alberta".

• 2 weeks later...

Some arsehole smashed my bumper today at the hardware store. I got a nasty crack in the middle of it.

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

I am going to try to fibreglass the backside tomorrow to give it strength so it doesn't crack more on me. At least taking the bumper off wasn't very hard but the taillights, interior trunk trim and the licence plate had to come off.

Maybe I will make a little tutorial to show how easy it is to fibreglass stuff. It is just glorified paper mache :P

• Like 1

I use this stuff on body work years ago..I don't weld..meant for boats..expensive but badass for auto body..overfilling unforgiving it's so tuff is hard to grind down where you put it it stays..lol.. :) this post reminded me of this ..Bondo resin is cheaper and easier post-5064-0-98497900-1457325369_thumb.jpg

I use this stuff on body work years ago..I don't weld..meant for boats..expensive but badass for auto body..overfilling unforgiving it's so tuff is hard to grind down where you put it it stays..lol.. :) this post reminded me of this ..Bondo resin is cheaper and easier attachicon.gifIMG_20160306_232431-1.jpg

You sir know your stuff. We use that stuff religiously on buses for every little fender bender. But I fixed this guys roof on his tractor so I got the overkill stuff. The kit came with cloth and fibre fiberglass :D. (i am only doing the inside of the bumper to make it strong again. The outside and paint will have to wait some other time)

• Like 1

That is awesome ONION!!!   My first car was a 1991 RS camaro with Ttops. Ive had the entire thing apart and back together but it finally met its demise with my ex old lady she destroyed it with a claw hammer :)  I still have the car its just in pieces now :( very sad very sad I HAVE PARTS if YOU NEED PARTS ! ! !

That is awesome ONION!!!   My first car was a 1991 RS camaro with Ttops. Ive had the entire thing apart and back together but it finally met its demise with my ex old lady she destroyed it with a claw hammer :)  I still have the car its just in pieces now :( very sad very sad I HAVE PARTS if YOU NEED PARTS ! ! !

Dude I always need parts but I don't know how economical it is to even ship it lol. I live in like Northern Alberta, Canada and finding parts is always a biatch. I been trying to find decent seats since I got the car but no luck. But that is fricken sweet you have a 91 RS. What engine does it have.

It originally had the 305 tbi. Then put in a zz3 crate motor with carb. That motor had a piston go bad, so I did have a 383 blueprint crate engine from JEGS 420 hp 405 lb tq. all msd ignition holley carb. had a built transmission from monster transmissions. I only had 200 miles on that motor before my ex went psycho on my car.

She had some guys pull my motor and transmission out of the car cut all my wire harnesses. Gave the motor away, I had to go hunt the motor down and steal it back. Just an entirely different nightmare than yours but still a nightmare! So like I said I have a complete car sitting in my shed but it is literally all in pieces, not sure what I'm going to do with it. Camaro always has been my first love though. Must have the ttops and ground effects otherwise the third gen cars were brutally ugly. Ttops not a must but they sure are nice.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Long time since last update.

Bumper has been fiberglassed, gps speedo has been calibrated and I installed 2 bazooka tubes.

My posi came apart on me back in the end of march and I ended up putting in my non-posi diff for now. Going to have to rebuild the posi but at least I can drive the car :lol:. Going to do a Road Trip with a buddy to Banff and back. We think maybe May long weekend.

Anyways here is updated photos of the car. Onion is done for now

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

I am officially done with Camaro project :D. I might start another project sometime before winter. Looking for Fiero (the fastback late style) or MR2 1st Generation. But you never know. Sometimes it is whatever catches the eye :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Long time since last update.

Bumper has been fiberglassed, gps speedo has been calibrated and I installed 2 bazooka tubes.

My posi came apart on me back in the end of march and I ended up putting in my non-posi diff for now. Going to have to rebuild the posi but at least I can drive the car :lol:. Going to do a Road Trip with a buddy to Banff and back. We think maybe May long weekend.

Anyways here is updated photos of the car. Onion is done for now

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

I am officially done with Camaro project :D. I might start another project sometime before winter. Looking for Fiero (the fastback late style) or MR2 1st Generation. But you never know. Sometimes it is whatever catches the eye :rolleyes:

my quotes get within post..sometimes..looks nice ..don't bazooka your window out ! =)