Having Kids

10Tacle

Yo dear fathers and mothers :P

I'm really interested to know:

- did you actively decide to have kids? Or did it whooops just happen? :lol:

- would you change anything if you could, say having kids earlier / later / not at all?

- something you totally forgot to prepare for, or missed completely when planning?

you may ask, that's none of my business, but I'm just interested since I had a "we have to talk"-talk just recently :P

me and my girl are starting year nine of our nice relationship, and nearing the 30ies it's quite the question to discuss.

and as we are a nice and mixed bag of FAmily, I was wondering if you could share the experience!

• Like 3

tiring, exhausting, source of stress, taking a big part of the time that you used to spend in hobbies\with friends in the past, so on.. But in the end, the only thing I can say is that kids are one of the best things you can get in a life whatever what you endure or how you got them. The positive will get the upper hand on all the rest.. and make the negative even insignificant. ;)

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 6

As a father of 3 sons, all I say have kids only after you feel like you dont have to go out party every weekend or so. Meaning when you really think you have time and genuine interest for having a baby around to keep you awake all night, that is in a worst case that they dont sleep for several reasons...

It just changes your life totally.

• Like 3

I'm just interested since I had a "we have to talk"-talk just recently :P

me and my girl are starting year nine of our nice relationship, and nearing the 30ies it's quite the question to discuss.

Oh my god ! You're just like me ! :o

9 years couple and 30'ies.

I think it's because it's time to talk about the future. We don't want to be called "grand father" when we will search them at school

We (i and my gf) are the only one couple left without kids so it's always the same question : "and you, its for when ?"

I am split between the desire to have it and take advantage of the life.

Good luck in your "we have to talk" :P

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

i planned on never having kids, then got the wrong woman pregnant. Now my kids are the greatest thing that ever happened to me

• Like 2

Married when I was 22. We decided that we were ready (maturity, financially and relationship-wise) when I was 30. Had some fertility issues on the wife's side. After $18,000, we had twins. There was actually supposed to be 3, but one disappeared in the very early stages. That was when I was 32.

You are NEVER really ready for kids. Kind of a learn as you go type thing. But you figure things out and learn to go with your instincts on many things.

Kids will test your relationship more than anything. I have seen many friends and family have kids to "save our marriage". Please don't do that!!!! Majority don't end well and now there is this little person that has to be part of it.

Would I change anything? You can ask my son how many times I tell him I should have had used that $18,000 for my corvette.

Seriously, I just try to do better for my kids than my dad did with me.

Kids are a great thing but also a great responsibility. No one can show you how to do it. There is no manual. There is no schematic.

Big decision. Best of luck.

• Like 7

now I cant stop thinking about what it would be like with one more sister...

blauh

good thing Ashley ate that 3rd one :P

• Like 2

oooh my :D

@Alpha: we already had the talk, it went quite well, tho I cannot speak from experience and the pro/con list is quite unsure since none uf us ever had kids ^^

@Ang3l, RendeL, Anni, Hipkat: thank you for the very motivating words

@Crelasa: the kid would be named Houdini, haha B)

@doc and sonofdoc: I had to laugh, heard a similar one from a work mate (moto instead of corvette!)

thanks for sharing guys, makes me confident :P

• Like 3

I have no experience with kids but for some reason I think you would make a good dad.. You are dedicated to things you chose for so no need to worry there :)

In case you 2 decide to go for it I wish you both the best of luck!!

• Like 3

i was thinking about kids around 25 years thats nice age to start with it .

and so on 02.02.2013 . was ylana born in this littel world she was 48 cm  and weight was 3 kg 155 gr  ;)

my little angel  :wub: now she  is 3 years old im glad to have her 

post-15863-0-28626600-1455865977_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I ran away for kids for all my life, convinced I would be a bad dad as mine had been, and simply cause kids weren't interesting me.

Then I met the right person, and she wanted one. She finally "got me" after several years.

And when my daughter was born, all took its exact place naturally. I was bound to be parent but never knew until then.

And since then, that little lady is the most important person for me.

Indeed it's alot of time, sacrifices, worries and organization (espcially for a single dad in shared custody after divorce).

But we do love them so much that it's worthy.

Go for it man, don't wait as I did, and beget a tribe of 15tacles ! :D

• Like 2

I don't have kids, and never want and wanted them. I am really glad I don't have them to be honest.

But.... I have youngsters around me all the time when working, they are my kids a bit I guess. When no one else wants them anymore, when they have become a nuisance or a disappointment to the parents etc... Too many sad things I have seen.

I guess I have had the opportunity to have kids (and still have since I am male), but not anymore. If my wife would become pregnant she most probably would die. Also I am not prepared to share my wife with any kids ;)

A lot of my friends say it is a bloody shame that I don't have kids, since they think I would make a great dad :D

• Like 3