Connection Interrupted trouble

H4ngover

Hi all,

So I'm having troubles with my ET. My ping is 60-70 (In FA Beginners 1) but I'm still getting Connection Interrupted all the time which won't let me play it like I would like to.

My internet connection is 20mb/s and I'm located in Estonia (if that matters anything...).

I know Yks is having the same trouble and he has exactly the same internet connection as I do.

Cl_maxpackets 100

Rate 34000

r_primitives 2

Snaps 20

Anyone know what may be the problem?

I had the same problem. I had to turn on UPnP in my modem. You can search online how to for your modem. No guaranties, but it worked for me after a year of troubles. I also changed my WPA Encryption Algorithm to TKIP. Hope it helps you!

Hi all,

So I'm having troubles with my ET. My ping is 60-70 (In FA Beginners 1) but I'm still getting Connection Interrupted all the time which won't let me play it like I would like to.

My internet connection is 20mb/s and I'm located in Estonia (if that matters anything...).

I know Yks is having the same trouble and he has exactly the same internet connection as I do.

Cl_maxpackets 100

Rate 34000

r_primitives 2

Snaps 20

Anyone know what may be the problem?

if yours are constant then there's also a prob from your side. Maybe lower your maxfps or change some settings in Windows\graphic card panel.. Also what kind of network card do you use (wired or wireless)?

Yes, since some days now I'm encountering also this issue of lag spikes on Jay3.

• Like 2

I'm using lan, tired different fps and in-game video settings (different CFG-s, currently running Heaven:) config)

I'll try the uPnP later tonight an let you know if it helps :)

Hm, I know that changing the max fps helped a lot people. What have you changed it to?

Hm, I know that changing the max fps helped a lot people. What have you changed it to?

I have tried 76, 125, 333 and currently running 200.

And little mistake in last post, (had brainfreeze after school) wired network in use.

Edited by H4ngover

I have tried 76, 125, 333 and currently running 200.

The higher your ping & higher the maxfps, the more it would appear,

But as other have said, they'll all experienced lag on J3 the past week or so, maybe it could just be that.

-brand of your graphic card? (r_primitives on 2 for all AMD or old cards otherwise leave it on 0 for Nvidia cards for example).

-cap your fps on 76 or 125 if they're steady, but nothing over than 125.

-make sure than Vsync and MultiThreading\Threaded Optimization are disabled through your graphic panel if available.

-make sure than the Power Plan setting in Windows is on "High Perfs".

-try the TCPOptimizer software (to use with admin rights) in order to change some net settings in Windows and try the "optimized" choice. http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 2

higher than 125 shouldn't even be allowed :P

Don't be like that, think of us people with 144hz monitors, it hurts me enough when I play ETPro and it's forced to 125 :(

Don't be like that, think of us people with 144hz monitors, it hurts me enough when I play ETPro and it's forced to 125 :(

I think ET was designed for oldskool CRT :D

But "on topic"  H4ngover, did you did the modem thingy yet? My connection interrupted bugged me for a year until I changed my modem settings. Anyway keep us posted!  

• Like 1