Who would like to see an =F|A= COD4 server for us?

Ol Smoke

Question

I brought this up a long time ago and it got nowhere.  So I am going to try again.

Think of a COD4 server without nades, tubes, heloes, AS, and camper guns.  Just a server with 2 different rifles and no perks that spam walls

or let you see the red dots.  A true battle server for just =F|A= members and invited guests.

So here is how the server would be setup.

AK-47 and M4 only.  Iron sites only.  No added perks.  The weapons would be pre-set.

There would be no UAV, no helicopter, no nades at all, no tubes.  You would fight with a rifle, pistol, and knife.

No silencers, no ACOG, no sniper rifles. No P90 or other machine guns.

Each map will be 15-20 minutes long.  There will be a 3 second delay in spawn time. (This will delete the stupid spawns)

Texting will be an optional thing.  The server can be setup without texting.  This will push for players to be on TS.

Since there will be no set snipers, it should cut down on that.  But, if it doesnt then we can institute rules that will bump constant camper players.

They can always play on beginners.

There will be a password to enter the game.  Non =F|A= members will be invited to become members.  We will have recruitment drives to get those

good players onto this server.  People will have all kinds of ideas about this, but I have found that having a server like this, really lifts up the recruiting.

It is a great server to play on.  I have helped set one of these up before and it became the most popular server we had.  You cant imagine how much

more fun it is, when you dont have grenades raining down on you all the time.  No tubes is just well...awesome.  And not having Air Strikes and that damn

helo up all the time, lets you run the map and play each other instead of all of that.

We have a server that is ready for this, and we have a member who could take control of it;  =F|A=A Snake.  He plays all the time and can do the job.

I would like to see this server set up for a trial run soon.  If it doesnt work for the leaders, then we can take it down.  But at least let us try something new and better.

We had a setting, that guests could play 10 rounds but then they had to become a member of the clan to play anymore. They had to be referred by a member to be 

a guest.

We could put a new forum thread up, just for this purpose.

That's my idea.  What do you guys have to say about it?

Smoke

10 answers to this question

I doubt the password things is a good idea. it seems to me you will have alot of trouble populating the server.

I'd suggest going with promod then, you still get one grenade and one of the special grenades on there however.

Promod is orientated towards team play on a level playing field. I have played on promod servers a lot a year or two back and had a lot of fun on them as it is more skill based than spamming a wall. It is more limited though as it is search and destroy mostly so you are dead untill the next round.

Pretty sure we had promod. Dead

I'd suggest going with promod then, you still get one grenade and one of the special grenades on there however.

Promod is orientated towards team play on a level playing field. I have played on promod servers a lot a year or two back and had a lot of fun on them as it is more skill based than spamming a wall. It is more limited though as it is search and destroy mostly so you are dead untill the next round.

Might as well just have a CS:GO serv- oh wait.

• Like 2

my reasoning behind the password is cheaters cant enter.  Passwording is not as bad as you think.

There is really no other server to play on that is better than ours.  Maybe not do the member thing,

but at least it would be people we know and trust.

I think this is a great idea.  There are so many players who hate beginners because it becomes a nade fest.

I would just like a place to play where it is rifles against rifles.

Can I get an amen??

my reasoning behind the password is cheaters cant enter.  Passwording is not as bad as you think.

There is really no other server to play on that is better than ours.  Maybe not do the member thing,

but at least it would be people we know and trust.

I think this is a great idea.  There are so many players who hate beginners because it becomes a nade fest.

I would just like a place to play where it is rifles against rifles.

Can I get an amen??

They had abnerdog for that lol

Every single whiner was told about abnerdog but no one wanted to go. Even our own clan members that wanted abnerdog to be some special 'skillz plz' server didn't manage to populate it. Instead they played beginners and whined the entire time when they had the option to go camp the server they loved.

We also had Promod server. That pretty much exactly what you want, except it allowed a few more gun options. Same thing. It didn't do well and server died.

I don't see this idea taking off. You pretty much pigeon-hole people into two guns (one with more pen, the other with godly recoil reduction). This sort of play style is niche and in the long run, will just be another faded memory.

• Like 1