Not very happy

GenMac

May not be on for awhile my windows took a dump having issues restarting so will be reformatting guess I'll lose all my ranking and weapons boo

May not be on for awhile my windows took a dump having issues restarting so will be reformatting guess I'll lose all my ranking and weapons boo

may have a look here or here, you can save your player data first

You have a back up of you GUID's ? if yes you wont lose it.

Gengis

not necessary for cod4, guid will be same after install from his old cd or steam.

Edited by Drizzt Do'Urden

As a precaution, I would to to the install directory>Call of Duty 4>Players and then make backups of both mpdata and config files. I believe your stats are tied to the mpdata file.

Unfortunately I couldn't get back into laptop with out a reformat I'm really not happy I'll have to play my butt off to get back to level 55:(

Unless you really suck it doesn't take too long to get back up there.

It's fun to start from the beginning again. I honestly think that resetting stats once in a while actually improves you. When you have very little, it forces you to improvise and perfect your tactics.

• Like 2

SUPER STOKED i only had to reformat the hard drive windows was on my solid state hard drive wasnt touched i dont have to play my but off to get back up there :D

Unless you really suck it doesn't take too long to get back up there.

It's fun to start from the beginning again. I honestly think that resetting stats once in a while actually improves you. When you have very little, it forces you to improvise and perfect your tactics.

yup that i do lol

You might look into a freeware tool called 'CrystalDiskInfo' to get a ballpark estimate of the health of your hard disk and it's magnetic surface:
http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html