COD4 Modded server

daredevil

Pretty sure its their own mods, as they do have a place on their forums to download them, at least for the client side.

Yeah, that's what I am assuming as well, but you don't have to download anything to join the server we are talking about. Everything I see is right in line with that Krayzie techy guy on the other servers being mods which are mostly COD2s.  Talking with Snake, the predator piece is a pinpointed strike and when the enemy dies it displays the skull/crossbones like when you have a barrel blow up or step in fire.  It does not display an airstrike hit if that helps.  

I made an account on their forums to start a conversation, also added their Team Speak Channel but no one was on yet.  .  I will keep you posted.  Recommend we maybe move this to a private conversation as we work it a little more?

Edited by Diggity

Yeah, that's what I am assuming as well, but you don't have to download anything to join the server we are talking about. Everything I see is right in line with that Krayzie techy guy on the other servers being mods which are mostly COD2s.  Talking with Snake, the predator piece is a pinpointed strike and when the enemy dies it displays the skull/crossbones like when you have a barrel blow up or step in fire.  It does not display an airstrike hit if that helps.  

I made an account on their forums to start a conversation, also added their Team Speak Channel but no one was on yet.  .  I will keep you posted.  Recommend we maybe move this to a private conversation as we work it a little more?

May not be the same server I was playing on then. Pretty sure the servers I play on, I had to install their mod, as well as maps and such to play. Was something like a 100mb DL or something like that. But that was a while back, so I may not be recalling correctly .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I know I rarely speak up (I'm trying to visit here more in general) but I think I'd be able to help out with this.

Here's my 2cents:

I very much agree with cracking the server.  I think that if we just crack the beginner's server, it will be populated almost 24x7.

This is the kick in the pants the COD4 community needs, I'm not sure it's a mod (more on that later).

I used to run a cracked server that was top 20 when cod4 was at its peak.  I can still remember the rcon commands from like 4 years ago :P

Anyways, b3 is an absolute must for a cracked server.

You need a slew of anti-hack plugins to keep the server hack free, because people can change their IP and GUID almost immediately.

We may need to write our own plugins for that as well.

b3 refuses to publish plugins that encourage cracked servers, so having a plugin that can ban by IP (not just GUID) will be critical.

This plugin wouldn't be too bad to do.

The plugin that would be harder would be the fakefull plugin, that makes our server always appear as if there's people in it.

I know it's possible on b3, but they won't publish it anywhere, and I've scoured the web looking for it with no luck.

As for the mods, I would actually avoid having a modded server.

A lot of people just want to play stock cod4.

That being said, mods = custom skins.  I used to do a lot of skinning back in the day, on everything from weapons, to the bombs in SnD, and even the graffiti on random walls.

Let me know about this, cause I think it'd be cool to have a bunch of F|A custom skins.

Daredevil, or Snake, or anyone that's involved with this.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

I used to host 5 servers out of my dorm room (all running b3) in both linux and windows environments so I'd be able to help with alot of things.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can set up Openwarfare mod with B3 bot for FA if you want to.

Just let me know what gametypes and softcore or hardcore.

I have configs ready and B3 and xlrstats is just few clicks.

One thing is that i don't have any servers in US at the moment (only in France and Sweden), so if you want to have the server in US i need someone who is willing to trust me enough to make it there.

Edit: also i can provide extra download provider from my dedi server to get custom maps from if needed.

Hey Buddy,

Any update on this?

Sorry I have been sick the past four weeks, real bad cough which makes talking difficult.  I have passed on to Krayzie what I have found so far, but still working it.  I feel so bad that I have been unable to get much more but things happen.  I hope to have an update later this week.  Again my apologies.

• 1 month later...

It looks like we may have something in the works on this.  A big thanks to all who are involved. A special thanks to Diggity for spearheading this and not letting it die. I can't wait to see what all you have come up with. 

• Like 3

I played a little with snake yesterday and i have to say that it is amazing to play on. There are still some issues that have to be adressed, but aside from it is very well set up.

We'll need to make a list of things that need to be adjusted as after the very long day of putting this together I'd rather we schedule a day to look at the fixes.  One other thing we want to incorporate is the Bigbrother bot.  As for the listing on Gameservers and the player count, I can't find this in the server cfg so it must be listed elsewhere.  The same for the Unnamed player that is showing as in game, but is actually not there. That is something I'll have to get with Muumipappa on.

• Administrators

Should fix the player count before the server is banned from gametracker.....it happened to our promod server

Not many look at game-tracker. Let it be for some time till we get some regulars. Then we can fix it up. 

@All - Who did to make this happen - big kudos! We have B3 on machine but where I need to point and start it up? i believe Krazyzie is superadmin on B3. 

• Like 2