Where ur name in-game is from!!!!!

ch0pper

On 24/2/2016 at 8:32 PM, Bronzi di Riace said:

Mine is from a first Doom LAN gameplay [yesterday ? sure ..  :-) ]

Is a ancient greek classic warriors sculptures in bronze.

For me is a rapresentative of  in game fair-play .

More ?

wiki here

hxxps://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riace_bronzes

or google.

I am very curious of a origin of player nickname and again i read today this thread.  I  am sorry people but my explanation of february 2016 its very ordinary. Here  more.

From the first Doom (if I remember correctly in 2000-2001 years) it was necessary to have a nickname to identify the members of the friendly team playing in LAN. I chose "Bronzi di Riace" as they were bronze statues of Greek warriors recovered in the Calabrian sea. The two statues - found on August 16, 1972 near Riace Marina, are dated to the 5th century BC ( for mayor see Wiki or Google)in the province of Reggio Calabria.I not live in Calabria ( i born and live in Italy near Garda lake, betewen Miland and Venice) and  the reason for the choice was that they were inspired by loyalty ideals,beauty and "mind" . I know if you look at the lower stomach of the statues you can be disappointed, but those were the conventions of the time even if you do not have a feeling of power but the beauty of the statues is not external, but what they transmit to our soul.Thought inspired by the Greek thinkers who are at the base of the philosophy and civilization of our times (Wiki or Google again). Since you are a child, do you know that there is nothing more serious than the game and now how do adults change? For me nothing, i suppose the same for you ....

Have a nice day (s)

Edited by Bronzi di Riace
  • Like 2

I posted it somewhere else but here goes. 

My original ET name was Eazy because I was really into NWA. I changed it to Eazy-E. At the same time I was playing Halo with my high school friends and one of them suggested OG-Eazy.

I briefly played as "red" like Red 5 from Star Wars.

When I came back to ET in like 2015 I simplified it to ogeazy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well my original name was Leprechaun9

I suppose I have a fascination with the myth of Leprechauns and have always wondered if they ever really existed in some shape or form.  I mean maybe there was a little clan of hobbits in the old days that like to wear nice suits and wanted to wear green as a status symbol, and they all were gold hoarders or something carrying around pimped out black oak shillelagh's.  (Hmmm maybe thats where the pimp limp originated)

Either way that why I went with Leprechaun

The 9 however is a different story

At first I put at the end of the name just because of a feeling, it felt right, sounded right, then after playing for a little while I realized possibly why it was so fitting...

You see back in those days, like 2003 or 4 or whatever it was way back then, not a whole lot of people knew about or used voice chat programs like Ventrilo, or Teamspeak.  But the game had this awesome Vsay system you could use to communicate with your fellow people online.  I ended up playing on Axis a lot because it was always the under manned team back then on the servers I would play on, and whenever anyone would use the Vsay for "NO" on Axis the player would say "Nein!"

I had an epiphany, I could tell my buddies and my team to use the Vsay for "NO" to direct me to do whatever they needed.

"Nein" "I need a Medic!"     I would then switch to medic, and or begin looking for who to rez or heal

"Nein!" "We need an engineer!"     I would then switch to engineer, and get all objective based because thats what we needed more of or the secondary command "deploy landmines" since we have been laggin on puttin em down

"Nein"  "I need Backup!"  I would then use the map to locate them and go there to support

Etc. etc.

This turned me into a beast of a player back then, before I got all sick and my vision got all messed up.  It also took some players that were handy with the Vsay system to take full advantage of it, but it gave us a way to communicate very quickly to one individual what to do in a time before voice chat was really a thing or known thing.  Others would then sometimes follow suit. We could also designate someone else as "9" and now they can take the commands.

Later I decided to color the name to     Leprechaun9

Maybe I am weird but I tried to color the name so it would be like a Leprechaun in a sense that the L was like the top of his green hat, the e being the belt around the hat, the p representing the beard, the re being his coat, the cha being like his belt buckle, the u his pants, the n his boots, and the 9 the gold at the end your supposed to find.

Okay ya I'm weird Hehe

Later I shortened it to Lep9

Then just 9

Then I decided to try and use a new name so maybe the old players might not recognize for a little while, They have a way of knowing one way or another lol (your playstyle, nuances, GUID, IP, ect ect)

I wanted to use something in Latin that would describe my playstyle, so I went with Cito which means in latin Quickly, speedily, swiftly.  And I thought that was fitting since I run around all over the place and use a very high sensitivity compared to most.

Sorry for all that story but I thought some of you might find this interesting :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hizord!

I've always been Ackenar.

The name is a modification i made from "Achenar", a character from the cult videogame MYST, from 1993.

He is one of the main character's two sons. The other one was named "Sirrus".

It is a nice saga of games (and 3 books, written towards the first games) with a very curious argument.

There was a race of people who had the hability to create worlds by writing on special books with special ink, and were able to travel to these worlds through the pages of the books.

The games genre is point and click, graphic novel.

Greetz,

AcK

• Like 3

My in-game name comes from finnish soap opera xD. One of the chahacters name was Seppo Taalasmaa a.k.a sepi. I was so lazy to create better name.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

When i first played ET i had to choose a name .  Having no idea what to choose i decided to take the 1st fireteam name . Soo Alpha it was ... after very short i got annoyed to be Alpha in the Alpha fireteam soo i decides to go with the 4th fireteam , Easy company , mostly cuz i was a mg ultra noob laying every where and i was an easy kill.  Very easy ;) .  Since then , Eazy been my name on ET , cod 4 , cod black hawk and basically every game i play ...   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

Isn't the 4th fireteam Echo like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie Delta Echo Fox ?

Yea you are correct lolol  i guess i got it wrong for a damn while then 

Edited by Eazy

• 2 months later...

Death_Reincarnated

Comes from the hardest difficulty level in Wolfenstein 3D - 'I Am Death Incarnate'.

As for why I chose 'Reincarnated' instead of 'Incarnate'? 'Re' refers to something that keeps being done over and over (as in redo), while the 'd' at the end refers to past tense. So I may get fragged in the game (that is if you can :P) but I'll just keep respawning...LOL

• Like 2

When I was in high school a friend of mine started to call me "lil sim" in french (ti_sim) so I started playing with that name online. After few years, I added some numbers in it because I always like using numbers for letters so it became t1_2iM. During math class, instead of actually listening to the teacher, I was drawing on my stuff and on my eraser I wrote t1_2iM in a special way. A girl passed by (my crush of the time hahaha) and she asked me why it was written wicx on my eraser. Confused I said, well it's ti_sim... (insert shy laugh here). She told me that she read wicx because of the way it was written;  when you were looking at it from the wrong angle it  clearly wrote wicx. I though it sounded cool and I decided to add some variants then it ended up being w!cX or w1cX.

Funny thing is I was using this name on MSN so my friends started to call me wicx in real life too. Friends from high school still call me this name. 

And btw this is wayyy before an actual company was trying to sell website using this name :P 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1