ET Server Suggestion Hardcore map suggestions

daredevil

There are a handful of maps that kill the server when voted, or at least make most of the players leave, notably baserace. 

I think we should definatly remove School, its laggy and no one seems to like it...Perhaps it could be replaced with V2 base http://activegamer.net/et/map/775-V2-Base_(Final).html I seem to remember V2 base was a frequently voted map on hardcore back in the old days.

Industry2 could be replaced with Secret Weapon. http://activegamer.net/et/map/660-Secret_Weapon_(Final).html which is a tried and tested HC map.

Breakout could be replaced with Hydro dam, which is large, but is mostly open and works with smaller teams imo. http://activegamer.net/et/map/234-Hydro_Dam_(Final).html

Snatch3 could be replaced Assault  http://activegamer.net/et/map/314-Assault_(Final).html  I think this one would be popular, its also an original RTCW map like beach.

We could really use a change on the Hardcore server, it gets irritating when  the same maps repeat over and over  :omgcat:

Nice suggestions. However if I may. Just a couple of things to consider.

I don't recall playing Hydro dam without tj. Could be fun but the map is huge if you take into account tunnels, towers and mg building. If peeps don't use tunnels then is a nice map to frag.

Assault it's a tricky map as you might now. I'ts not the passage to axis spawn. Usually like, most of the times, axis has lot of advantage and spawn near the gate making this very hard for allies specially with good arty and ff on. It's a choke point.

But I'm with you on those 3 maps, except Hydro.

Nice suggestions. However if I may. Just a couple of things to consider.

I don't recall playing Hydro dam without tj. Could be fun but the map is huge if you take into account tunnels, towers and mg building. If peeps don't use tunnels then is a nice map to frag.

Assault it's a tricky map as you might now. I'ts not the passage to axis spawn. Usually like, most of the times, axis has lot of advantage and spawn near the gate making this very hard for allies specially with good arty and ff on. It's a choke point.

But I'm with you on those 3 maps, except Hydro.

and of course Decay - 

decay_b3.thumb.jpg.0ad98a7358c9a1e873afb

• Like 2

My general comment about the maps on HC.

Should not be over 20 minutes and set for 15-25 players.

Gengis

• Like 3

and of course Decay - 

decay_b3.thumb.jpg.0ad98a7358c9a1e873afb

thank you lefty

Decay is 15 minute long totally suited for 15 to 25 players. Their has been a lot of change between decay the 3rd version that was previously on the HC server and the 5th.

For those of you who haven't seen the latest decay, you can watch the video here : http://plays.tv/video/58cd99450845854472/decay-b5

Edited by Dynasty
  • Like 3

Remove: Baserace! Just jumping around from one side to the other side... And it never ends.... Almost always you have to play the full time limit. A lot of players leave (including myself) when this map is voted.

Add: MLB Temple , one of my favourite maps i used to play before I left ET for 5 years:)

http://activegamer.net/et/map/24-MLB_Temple_(Final).html

• Like 1

Remove: Baserace! Just jumping around from one side to the other side... And it never ends.... Almost always you have to play the full time limit. A lot of players leave (including myself) when this map is voted.

Add: MLB Temple , one of my favourite maps i used to play before I left ET for 5 years:)

http://activegamer.net/et/map/24-MLB_Temple_(Final).html

Temple is long and drawn out, for HC would be bad imo. Remove race from hc and put both on silent1 and itd be more fun.

Remove goldrush te and add ga or gals or even the original. te is such a bad map for hc

Temple is long and drawn out, for HC would be bad imo. Remove race from hc and put both on silent1 and itd be more fun.

Remove goldrush te and add ga or gals or even the original. te is such a bad map for hc

The Vanilla Goldrush or Original as you prefer is already in mappoool.

You want to change settings for vanilla goldrush and remove sw vers. ?

I'm with Gengis 30m map is too much on HC.

there's always too many people on hc for an sw map loke goldrush te to work properly. it's meant for like a 4v4 or 6v6, it ends up being a big arty/explosive/impossible to leave bank area party where allies almost never wins. there's ways to modify map times and it's not that hard. te is not fun on hc.

there's always too many people on hc for an sw map loke goldrush te to work properly. it's meant for like a 4v4 or 6v6, it ends up being a big arty/explosive/impossible to leave bank area party where allies almost never wins. there's ways to modify map times and it's not that hard. te is not fun on hc.

I see your point. But the map is not voted very frequently with server full if anything Italy is the contender. Server full the choices are most likely:

Supply Depot - Special Delivery - Adlernest - Frostbite - Bremen - Braundorf (REPEAT). There's a pattern in those maps: small size and time.

And yes exactly, there's enough maps like Venice or Marrakesh. We are looking for new maps to improve the server while not trashing it. We should give a shout the ones mentioned here previously like Decay or/and V2-Base TE.

Aye, there's a way to modify map times. But there's no way to change to 1 gold crate on Golrush Gals.

I see your point. But the map is not voted very frequently with server full if anything Italy is the contender. Server full the choices are most likely:

Supply Depot - Special Delivery - Adlernest - Frostbite - Bremen - Braundorf (REPEAT). There's a pattern in those maps: small size and time.

And yes exactly, there's enough maps like Venice or Marrakesh. We are looking for new maps to improve the server while not trashing it. We should give a shout the ones mentioned here previously like Decay or/and V2-Base TE.

Aye, there's a way to modify map times. But there's no way to change to 1 gold crate on Golrush Gals.

I mean, that'd be a simple map change as far as changing to one gold crate, but with the modifications provided by gals it makes it easier to win with two.

I'm not a fan of decay personally but other people like it so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to add.

• Like 1

I'd definitely second adding sos_secretweapon to the rotation. et_ice might be an  alright one also, though the first phase can get pretty difficult with a higher population. I haven't played dubrovnik in probably 10 years, but that was a common scrim map that might be a good addition as well.

And school is a terrible map, especially for hardcore. It practically never gets voted anyways.

• Like 3