ET Server Suggestion Hardcore map suggestions

daredevil

• 2 months later...

On 11/15/2016 at 4:39 PM, Raw64life said:

Just giving this a +1 and also suggesting that the plain original version of Goldrush would be fine as well. Goldrush TE, which is the version currently on Silent 1, is an awful, awful map for the server. It's been mentioned before, but I'm mentioning it again because it's a problem that won't go away.

The TE stands for Tournament Edition, which means 3v3 or 6v6. That's the kind of match the mod was built for. Silent 1 very often features 20-30 people on the server at once.

As it stands, it is nigh impossible for allies to win the map. There are other maps on Silent that are difficult to win but can be done every once in a while like Oasis and Snatch. I'm not talking about that. This is on another level. I'm talking about near impossible. Yes, the spawn times have been adjusted. No, it's not nearly enough.

It's incredibly frustrating every time this map gets picked because it's a popular map and most people who pick it are probably thinking of the fun they had playing the original version (or they're on axis and just want to take part in a one-sided domination).

It's currently on the Silent 1 map voting thread as a possible map to remove, but I don't think too many people actually want Goldrush removed from the server entirely. We just want a fair version of it. We currently don't have that.

I'm cross-posting this post from a different thread that I made 3 1/2 years ago because this seems like a more appropriate thread for it. But nothing has changed and it's every bit as valid as it was in 2016, particularly on Hardcore which I play on more than Silent these days.

Not just me, but many, many other members and server regulars complain about this map every time. And I never know what to say them because their complaints are perfectly valid and I agree with them 100%.  As I'm typing this, a packed server got reduced to about 20 players total after this map was selected.

What has to be done to get this god forsaken version of this map replaced?

Edited by Raw64life

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Raw64life said:

I'm cross-posting this post from a different thread that I made 3 1/2 years ago because this seems like a more appropriate thread for it. But nothing has changed and it's every bit as valid as it was in 2016, particularly on Hardcore which I play on more than Silent these days.

Not just me, but many, many other members and server regulars complain about this map every time. And I never know what to say them because their complaints are perfectly valid and I agree with them 100%.  As I'm typing this, a packed server got reduced to about 20 players total after this map was selected.

What has to be done to get this god forsaken version of this map replaced?

You need to post in 1 topic aka this one. :P I replied to you in another topic, same post.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:46 PM, Sl!ck said:

How about Karsiah and Goldendunk @daredevil

I see karsiah is on. Golden dunk we can add for few days to have some fun for the sake of it and that too - admin vote based! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daredevil said:

You need to post in 1 topic aka this one. :P I replied to you in another topic, same post.

Yea I posted in the other thread first, then found this one and was like "oh, this probably belongs here". Sorry about that.

But thanks for the quick response. And that's awesome. Much appreciated!

Edited by Raw64life
  • Like 1

Get rid of big ass maps with 20+ min game time like library , italy and rtcw depot. When those maps accidentally comes on people tend to leave server or vote for next map.

Edited by slovenac/kobajagi
Italy
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

2 hours ago, slovenac/kobajagi said:

Get rid of big ass maps with 20+ min game time like library , italy and rtcw depot. When those maps accidentally comes on people tend to leave server or vote for next map.

I think italy is played too often to have it removed. The others I will take a look for you. You got any suggestions for maps we can add to replace them with mate? 

2 hours ago, slovenac/kobajagi said:

The whole point of this topic is to keep players happy and continually coming back and having fun on this server. What we don't want are maps that will make players leave, and there are a few of those maps.

Server killer maps are what you should focus on not putting in the rotation. Unfortunately some of them are very popular on other servers but hardcore shouldn't have some of these as players leave as soon as they are picked. and the reason they are played often are because of the few players selecting them from other servers. Italy has become one of those maps on HC.

When I first saw Fragzone I thought this wouldn't last but I was wrong. It's small, intense, no obj, and for some reason it works. minas castle or whatever the name is, won't ever work. And it seems to be the bigger maps that tend to fail hard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

I think italy is played too often to have it removed. The others I will take a look for you. You got any suggestions for maps we can add to replace them with mate? 

I agree. I dont think Italy should be removed.

But we could  consider to remove library and rtcw depot. They are not played a lot specially rtcw depot.

Gengis

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Tramfight is one that could also be removed. I dont remember the last time it has been played.

I have had a look at the map cycle. We should keep all other maps.

Gengis

12 minutes ago, slovenac/kobajagi said:

Could we chang time for map cycles? Right now it shows map to vote after 8/9 maps were played.

I dont think we should do that. HC is popular because the players know they can play their preferred map soon. 

Dont  forget we have a winning formula on HC. The server is popular. In those circumstances any change must be looked at closely before it is done.

Gengis

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 9:17 PM, Raw64life said:

Just giving this a +1 and also suggesting that the plain original version of Goldrush would be fine as well. Goldrush TE, which is the version currently on Silent 1, is an awful, awful map for the server. It's been mentioned before, but I'm mentioning it again because it's a problem that won't go away.

The TE stands for Tournament Edition, which means 3v3 or 6v6. That's the kind of match the mod was built for. Silent 1 very often features 20-30 people on the server at once.

As it stands, it is nigh impossible for allies to win the map.

I agree the TE version is almost impossible to win by the allies. But it seems the players dont care since it is played a lot.

So i am not sure what we should do.

Gengis

EDIT Keep TE. The other version takes too long before we get in action so it kills the server.

Edited by Gengis
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Agree the TE Goldrush was better than the original version put on recently.  I am out of ammo by the time I get to the bank.  I always liked the gold rush version with the upstairs to the bank.  It gives more room for large crowds and extra attacking points.  In particular the version with stairs not the elevators in the bank.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, slovenac/kobajagi said:

Could we chang time for map cycles? Right now it shows map to vote after 8/9 maps were played.

What u looking for? More then 9 or less then 9?