ET Server Suggestion Hardcore map suggestions

daredevil

Lol sorry but being optimistic with 30%? So every time Italy comes on we lose 70% of server? We really don't. At most 1 or 2 people don't play, but that can be said for every map..

Back when it was first put on the server it wasn't liked, and even then it was more like 30% wouldn't play and the rest would.. now I don't see anyone having a big enough problem with it to leave the server.

I don't really mind if it's removed but frustrating when people exaggerate and pull made up statistics out of thin air to prove some point.

The other maps mentioned are genuinely server killers though even though I like some of them I would 100% remove them.. just not Italy because lots of people genuinely vote for it every time because it's very loved by some, whereas those other maps mentioned only get voted when nobody votes other than one person on a bad map

but see chuckun that my point they may not leave the server or go spec right away but once it  clear that it's going to be a one sided map like 90% of the time it is ppl do leave or go spec we just have a high  pop on HC that when they leave new ppl join i don't really see how it can hurt to take the map off for sometime not saying  retire the map all together  i'm just saying  late it go for a time  

and yes you do have a point there are other maps that are server killers beside  it 

Wait, don't we have 2 different Oasis map versions anyway? What about removing the original Oasis and keeping the scrim version since we have all the other scrim maps on HC? Makes sense in my mind, at least. 

I've personally wanted to see Erdenberg_b3 on HC as I like the map quite a bit. Has it been in the selection before? Think it would be a good replacement for the original Oasis.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on it first though.

----------

Useless Italy rant:

Italy entirely depends on what kind of players are online. I've seen it clear the server and I've also seen it have no effect at all. All I know is that a large majority of people I've talked to in VC either are at best indifferent on the map or they outright hate it. The complaints tend to outweigh the positive stuff I hear about it. Very few people are singing it's praises, or maybe I am just not seeing it.

It just doesn't seem to fit into HC's map pool in my opinion, because it usually goes from the regular scrim maps like Adlernest, Frostbite, Supply, Delivery and then out of nowhere Italy gets voted, which plays nothing like the other regular maps. The reason I bring this up is that HC attracts players who actively play ETPro or who like ETPro and HC is just about as close as Silent mod can get. When a lot of THESE types of players are online, I find that it does clear the server. I know that some people will say "BUT THIS ISN'T ETPRO" well, true... but just trying to outline that this is the reason why so many of the regulars complain in chat when it gets voted. My opinion (which ultimately doesn't matter), Italy belongs in Silent1 and Jaymod, not HC. 

Obviously people like it because it keeps getting voted so a good enough amount of players must enjoy it though. I just personally hate the map with a burning passion, but I don't mind leaving the server for a while and coming back later. If it wasn't for Italy I'd probably never take a break xD

Edited by BSM
  • Like 2

erdenberg would be nice, also keep missile, since these are maps which are played also on etpro . 

it would be nice if HC would stay as close as possible to etpro. 

so fun maps to silent1.

one big problem at italy is the spam. and then friendly fire on. if ppl would know what they do it would be prolly a playable map. but not with this spam. 

its defn hardcore to play this map but has nothing to do with HC. 

• Like 2

Im laughing because when i went on HC and called a vote to remove italy. 10/14 people voted yes = 71% which shows my percentages were NOT exaggerated. 

post-13104-0-98085100-1517760036_thumb.jpg

More people joined later saying they want Italy gone too. Should be enough proof that im not just fabricating everything ive said out of nowhere.

Will also go on another time and get votes from another sample.

• Like 2

Im laughing because when i went on HC and called a vote to remove italy. 10/14 people voted yes = 71% which shows my percentages were NOT exaggerated.

2018-02-04-155729-sw_goldrush_te.jpg

More people joined later saying they want Italy gone too. Should be enough proof that im not just fabricating everything ive said out of nowhere.

Will also go on another time and get votes from another sample.

That's more like it! As promised, I now stand down on the matter. GG :)

• Like 2

In my opinion the server or any server should be 24/7 Special Delivery.

In order of awful to less awful.

1.Teuthonia

2.Railgun

3.Oasis

4.Battery

5.Snatch

I can tell you i have never stayed on the server for more than 10 minutes of teuthonia that includes time as spectator.

I have never finished a map of railgun or oasis.

On oasis i can never last more than 15 minutes max.

Talking about the past 2 years or so that i remember playing on hc or silent1.

In regards to Italy,i havent played on hc regularly for a while,but on silent1 its okay. Purely playing for frags its passable.Out of the big maps its easily the most tolerable.

The problem many times is the players not the map.Every one of the above maps you have 5 noobs fighting for artillery throughout the whole map,that screws both your team and opponent.

You can remove the shit maps but people will always complain about the same maps being played over and over.

Whats the point of variety if everything outside those maps is shit?

I remember a polish etpro server with 24/7 delivery,best time of ET for me.No bs just straight fighting with smg.

Would it be possible to get a list of the maps currently on hardcore?

EDIT: Karsiah_te2 would be a decent map to add.

http://et.trackbase.net/server/11232/maps/

I like karsiah

• Like 3

Wait, don't we have 2 different Oasis map versions anyway? What about removing the original Oasis and keeping the scrim version since we have all the other scrim maps on HC? Makes sense in my mind, at least. 

I've personally wanted to see Erdenberg_b3 on HC as I like the map quite a bit. Has it been in the selection before? Think it would be a good replacement for the original Oasis.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on it first though.

There's also the vanilla Goldrush 30m of madness and impossible to win with balanced teams. I think those 2 original rtcw are played when the server is most likely empty. But I believe is something to do with the map settings and server provider. Also when server crashes goes to vanilla Oasis, when used to be to Baserace. Ok it gets voted once in a while from players like Symfony.

gallery_20658_1149_375515.png

I think bottom 5 maps can go.

Industry as well as is too big in space and time and with server full never gets voted.

School + the already mentioned vanilla versions of Oasis and Goldrush.

I see Italy as a coffe break, it shouldn't belong here but then again some players don't either.

Possible new maps

Erdenberg_b3

Password

V2_Base TE

Chartwell

Berserk TE

EDIT

Karsiah TE was in the rotation not long ago but it didn't work, was hardly voted.

You should arrange it by games played as the map time varies and wouldnt show a true representation of whats popular. Italy is a lot longer than some other maps. Here: http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=743291&section=mappool&mpsortfield=games&mpsortdir=desc

SS of Top 30 based on number of games (no. of times voted within a certain time frame i assume):

post-13104-0-56309000-1517768699_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! I finally registered to the forum as well.

Speaking of FA-hardcore maps, I would be pleased to see Fuel dump on the list (why was it removed in the first place?), instead of two different versions of Oasis. Seawall battery is also a nice traditional map but during the time I have been playing on this server i have not seen it on the list.

Hope I'm not alone with this opinion :D

• Like 2

Hi guys! I finally registered to the forum as well.

Speaking of FA-hardcore maps, I would be pleased to see Fuel dump on the list (why was it removed in the first place?), instead of two different versions of Oasis. Seawall battery is also a nice traditional map but during the time I have been playing on this server i have not seen it on the list.

Hope I'm not alone with this opinion :D

Many of us enjoy the map from time to time but overall it was quite a server killer unfortunately..

Seawall same reason..

May be worth a go though since railgun used to be a server killer but it works now..

• Like 1