ET Server Suggestion Hardcore map suggestions

daredevil

• Administrators

I have some new maps ready for hardcore from last time. Before i do changes, please post some feedbacks on current most hated maps. 

I have some new maps ready for hardcore from last time. Before i do changes, please post some feedbacks on current most hated maps.

Italy Italy and Italy.

Keep it on silent1. Most hate it on HC.

• Like 2

Italy Italy and Italy.

Keep it on silent1. Most hate it on HC.

I have to disagree.. most haters are growing to be ok with it and the fact it gets voted so often says that plenty of people do like it a lot..

I think more people would miss it than those who don't like it. It is actually a good map despite my initial feelings on it.

Definitely get rid of School though

Edited by Chuckun

Warbell seems to be another extremely unpopular map on HC.

Yes, I love this map personally and I often vote it (mostly in memory of Dougl@s who abandoned me on HC!) but it doesn't seem to be liked by most on HC

• Like 1

Yes unfortuantly shittaly is a pretty popular map, I agree with xerni and chuck. Also c2 missile doesn't get played too often tell me if I'm wrong

• Like 1

italy empties HC. no-one will miss it. as soon as it is gone. ppl may notice for once, twice. then its forgotten. 

warbell not played often

and seriously its hardcore. these maps suits more to silent1

• Like 3

If anyone can show me proof of Italy consistently emptying server I will stand down, but for the past several months I have not seen it - server status full now. I and many others have grown to love it..

Oasis is more of a server killer than italy

Edited by Chuckun

If anyone can show me proof of Italy consistently emptying server I will stand down, but for the past several months I have not seen it - server status full now. I and many others have grown to love it..

Actually yeah. Oasis is worse.

• Like 2

i would remove both.  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:

• Like 5

okay okay i myself have seen ppl just go spec when italy consistently map is voted in even the ones who vote it in go spec or leave the server on it so it's not really about  needing proof of it  i myself don't like the map  because it always a one sided map allies just camp it or aixe just camp it 

• Like 1

If a shop decided to stock a product and the feedback from buyers were 75% negative and 25% positive. The shop isn't going to restock that product based on the percentage that like it but based on the percentage that dont like it because it wont sell very well if there are a lot of bad reviews. Also, if a shop sells bad products it affects the reputation of the shop. Instead, the shop owner will look for a new product that will have better reviews that will have a higher chance of selling. Same concept with choosing maps. We should aim to provide maps that offer the highest "acceptance" rate overall. With Italy. Say 30% of the people like it. (Im being optimistic with this percentage), you dont keep it because 30% of the people like it. You get rid of it because 70% of the people hate it. We lose more by keeping it then we do by removing it. When I ask people what they dont like about Hardcore or what they'd like to see change, the majority of the time they ask me to get rid of Italy. That has to mean something right?

I strongly recommend removing Italy from Hardcore and if it does end up causing a big fuss then all we have to do is re-add it but I doubt it'll come to that as it is readily available on our Silent1 server.

• Like 1

Lol sorry but being optimistic with 30%? So every time Italy comes on we lose 70% of server? We really don't. At most 1 or 2 people don't play, but that can be said for every map..

Back when it was first put on the server it wasn't liked, and even then it was more like 30% wouldn't play and the rest would.. now I don't see anyone having a big enough problem with it to leave the server.

I don't really mind if it's removed but frustrating when people exaggerate and pull made up statistics out of thin air to prove some point.

The other maps mentioned are genuinely server killers though even though I like some of them I would 100% remove them.. just not Italy because lots of people genuinely vote for it every time because it's very loved by some, whereas those other maps mentioned only get voted when nobody votes other than one person on a bad map

Edited by Chuckun

Lol sorry but being optimistic with 30%? So every time Italy comes on we lose 70% of server? We really don't. At most 1 or 2 people don't play, but that can be said for every map..

Back when it was first put on the server it wasn't liked, and even then it was more like 30% wouldn't play and the rest would.. now I don't see anyone having a big enough problem with it to leave the server.

I don't really mind if it's removed but frustrating when people exaggerate and pull made up statistics out of thin air to prove some point.

The other maps mentioned are genuinely server killers though even though I like some of them I would 100% remove them.. just not Italy because lots of people genuinely vote for it every time because it's very loved by some, whereas those other maps mentioned only get voted when nobody votes other than one person on a bad map

I never said they left. I dont like it, I still play it though. Hey im not making things up. Im making observations based on what i see and feedback i get when i ask people not opinions based on MY personal preference. If you get my point theres no reason to nitpick at the details. 

Just to clarify my point, the majority hate italy. Fact. Not opinion.

Also, id never ask anything to be changed based on my preference alone so dont think im asking it to be removed for me because honestly, at the end of the day i dont like it but i dont really care enough to change it. Its only because a lot of people dont like it that I recommend its removal.

• Like 1