ET Server Suggestion Hardcore map suggestions

daredevil

I agree with DD ... Baserace is not an HC map .... too big.

I am sure a map that suits HC can be found to replace Baserace in one week.

Gengis

I dont think big is the issue. Italy, fuel dump and marrakech are examples of big maps that still reside on HC and are still played regularly. Baserace is a different style of gameplay, and offers a different atmosphere than to what HC is usually accustomed to.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Any plans to remove big maps such as Breakout - awful cosmetics -, Venice, Marrakesh, Base Race, Transmitter, Streets of Italy - overplayed like hell -, Teuthonia, Subway?

And add maps like The House, Chartwell, Adlernest_roof, Warbell, ET Ice, Erdenberg, Darji or Password- instead of Base Race?

Why can't Bergen be added? Bots way-points do exist I believe.

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum VIP

Any plans to remove big maps such as Breakout - awful cosmetics -, Venice, Marrakesh, Base Race, Transmitter, Streets of Italy - overplayed like hell -, Teuthonia, Subway?

And add maps like The House, Chartwell, Adlernest_roof, Warbell, ET Ice, Erdenberg, Darji or Password- instead of Base Race?

Why can't Bergen be added? Bots way-points do exist I believe.

Removing maps doesnt really need to be necessary very often because if people dont like them they wont get voted either way. Fact of the matter is that none of the maps you named are particularly bad maps. they are just not as appreciated as the other big names (not counting italy), but since its a mapvoting system you wont be bothered by them too often and it actually can give a nice change to play one of these maps sometimes.

As for italy, if the map gets voted so much there must be a good reason. however if you have a specific reason why it should be removed then please mention it because just saying its overplayed seems kind of contradictory not even mentioning the fact that there are way more 'overplayed' maps (not that I find any of this a problem).

Fact remains that a system like map voting exists so the distribution of how many times a map is played isnt uniform, so maps being more popular than others is only to be expected.

As for your new maps:

CTF (imo) doesnt belong on hc so I dont see why you would want darji

adler roof was tested before but it completely broke the gameplay of adler but would maybe work on a jaymod server

password is a pretty solid map, could definitely be fun to play

ice and erden are a bit on the small size, the flag stage on both maps would be extremely difficult for erden because its next to the spawn and axis dont really intend to push out of spawn anyways, and for ice because of thh choke points

warbell is an okay map if I look at it objectively but I personally dont really like it (dont know what others think)

never played chartwell, cant say anything really

never played the house on a normal server but to me it feels like it would not really work on a server like hc (same problem as for example cortex, simply too much even open ground)

Im pretty sure I have played bergen before but I honest to god cant remember what it looks like one bit

Removing maps doesnt really need to be necessary very often because if people dont like them they wont get voted either way. Fact of the matter is that none of the maps you named are particularly bad maps. they are just not as appreciated as the other big names (not counting italy), but since its a mapvoting system you wont be bothered by them too often and it actually can give a nice change to play one of these maps sometimes.

As for italy, if the map gets voted so much there must be a good reason. however if you have a specific reason why it should be removed then please mention it because just saying its overplayed seems kind of contradictory not even mentioning the fact that there are way more 'overplayed' maps (not that I find any of this a problem).

Fact remains that a system like map voting exists so the distribution of how many times a map is played isnt uniform, so maps being more popular than others is only to be expected.

As for your new maps:

CTF (imo) doesnt belong on hc so I dont see why you would want darji

adler roof was tested before but it completely broke the gameplay of adler but would maybe work on a jaymod server

password is a pretty solid map, could definitely be fun to play

ice and erden are a bit on the small size, the flag stage on both maps would be extremely difficult for erden because its next to the spawn and axis dont really intend to push out of spawn anyways, and for ice because of thh choke points

warbell is an okay map if I look at it objectively but I personally dont really like it (dont know what others think)

never played chartwell, cant say anything really

never played the house on a normal server but to me it feels like it would not really work on a server like hc (same problem as for example cortex, simply too much even open ground)

Im pretty sure I have played bergen before but I honest to god cant remember what it looks like one bit

First of all, I didn't said I didn't like those maps I mentioned to remove. In fact Venice is in my top 10 best maps ever on ET history.

I thought I made myself very clear that those maps don't work on HC: The time limit is huge - there's no TE version for that matter - they break with the fun of the more maps quick the merrier and usually 1/2 go spec, not to mention with teams unbalanced (either with KR or nr of players) they loose all the fun. With server full these maps are hardly played so makes no sense 30 min with few players. Italy is an exception due to extended playtime by objective and the map being very popular among people who are masoquist people who like to play a map every 7 map cycle that's not even a ET map and is not designed to play without tj. Check wich servers had shitaly with no tj and ff on in the past and present. Fortunently lately seems to have fewer votes.

OFC a system based on votes some maps are more played than others, thats regular. But you can have the chance to play great maps to kick off the usually stuff - which don't happen - with the exception of radar and maybe reactor sometimes.

Darji, a hugely underrated map can't be on HC but Baserace can? Can you explain?

Adler roof works great on etpro why didn't on HC - reasons?

You ask me why I don't like Italy and you just say Warbell is not okay? Warbell is one of ET's greatest maps with a history besides the average gold quest. Perfect for small servers or big. Works great om etpro as well.

You don't know Chartwell?? really?? Another map like Warbell with a great plot. Small size. Great cosmetics with more than 1 decade of existence.

House is perfection. You never played on a normal server, but you know that wouldn't work on HC.. makes perfect sense. Comparing to cortex is like comparing The Beach with Crapuzzo.

Bergern it's probably the map would fit better on HC. But it's being denied for unknown reasons.

• Platinum VIP

First of all, I didn't said I didn't like those maps I mentioned to remove. In fact Venice is in my top 10 best maps ever on ET history.

I thought I made myself very clear that those maps don't work on HC: The time limit is huge - there's no TE version for that matter - they break with the fun of the more maps quick the merrier and usually 1/2 go spec, not to mention with teams unbalanced (either with KR or nr of players) they loose all the fun. With server full these maps are hardly played so makes no sense 30 min with few players. Italy is an exception due to extended playtime by objective and the map being very popular among people who are masoquist people who like to play a map every 7 map cycle that's not even a ET map and is not designed to play without tj. Check wich servers had shitaly with no tj and ff on in the past and present. Fortunently lately seems to have fewer votes.

OFC a system based on votes some maps are more played than others, thats regular. But you can have the chance to play great maps to kick off the usually stuff - which don't happen - with the exception of radar and maybe reactor sometimes.

Darji, a hugely underrated map can't be on HC but Baserace can? Can you explain?

Adler roof works great on etpro why didn't on HC - reasons?

You ask me why I don't like Italy and you just say Warbell is not okay? Warbell is one of ET's greatest maps with a history besides the average gold quest. Perfect for small servers or big. Works great om etpro as well.

You don't know Chartwell?? really?? Another map like Warbell with a great plot. Small size. Great cosmetics with more than 1 decade of existence.

House is perfection. You never played on a normal server, but you know that wouldn't work on HC.. makes perfect sense. Comparing to cortex is like comparing The Beach with Crapuzzo.

Bergern it's probably the map would fit better on HC. But it's being denied for unknown reasons.

Sorry for sharing my opinion

Sorry for sharing my opinion

You asked me why had against Italy and the ludicrous amount of big maps with 30 min. Indeed I gave you my answer.

Since only 1 map you agree to maybe fit in. I too asked the reasons why the others don't fit in. Your answer... was whistle to the wind.

Cmon you can do better than that! 

I don't understand all the baserace hate, and Marrakesh is a decent map for HC. TE maps, unless decently sized, are bad for pub servers. A great example of that is the TE version of GR. It's actually not even that small but it's absolutely horrible to play on a pub, especially when it's any more than 6v6. Venice is alright on HC and transmitter is OK too, I would agree that subway should go for sure. Personally I can't stand Warbell, especially on HC, but that may just be me. Finally, many of the people at HC would probably dislike adler roof, but I could be wrong.

Personally I think there should be a 18 or 20 player limit silent server and that that should be HC and the current HC should be silent 2 or something, there's too many people on HC generally for it to be actually hardcore and not just dodging your teams horribly placed arty, nades and panzers and trying not to be backraged by someone on your team :P

• Platinum VIP

Personally I think there should be a 18 or 20 player limit silent server and that that should be HC and the current HC should be silent 2 or something, there's too many people on HC generally for it to be actually hardcore and not just dodging your teams horribly placed arty, nades and panzers and trying not to be backraged by someone on your team :P

still silently praying for the day where HC gets actually hardcore and doesnt let every John Smith play on it to poison the gameplay

• Like 2

still silently praying for the day where HC gets actually hardcore and doesnt let every John Smith play on it to poison the gameplay

not to hate on panzer/heavy weapon players but as long as those are enabled it won't be hardcore. too many people running around and suicide panzering, the reduced coive damage and knife as well are all factors that contribute to a not-so-hardcore experience.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would like to see Decay back in the loop. Good map with different terrain.

I know there are others that would like to see this back on HC

decay_b3.thumb.jpg.0ad98a7358c9a1e873afb

• Like 4

Also Baserace needs to be removed, it is an official server killer. Players leave when it starts. It belongs on Silent1.

Remove Bacerace from HC and replace it with Decay. Many, many players will be grateful.

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 6

Also Baserace needs to be removed, it is an official server killer. Players leave when it starts. It belongs on Silent1.

Remove Bacerace from HC and replace it with Decay. Many, many players will be grateful.

Agree. 

• Like 3

Baserace does consistently kill the server when its on...

• Like 3

While i don't like the cosmetics of decay so much, i think the general concept of it fits well on HC. So I'm in to for trading with baserace. Besides, seems no other server has this map on rotation which could be interesting.

• Like 4

There are a handful of maps that kill the server when voted, or at least make most of the players leave, notably baserace. 

I think we should definatly remove School, its laggy and no one seems to like it...Perhaps it could be replaced with V2 base http://activegamer.net/et/map/775-V2-Base_(Final).html I seem to remember V2 base was a frequently voted map on hardcore back in the old days.

Industry2 could be replaced with Secret Weapon. http://activegamer.net/et/map/660-Secret_Weapon_(Final).html which is a tried and tested HC map.

Breakout could be replaced with Hydro dam, which is large, but is mostly open and works with smaller teams imo. http://activegamer.net/et/map/234-Hydro_Dam_(Final).html

Snatch3 could be replaced Assault  http://activegamer.net/et/map/314-Assault_(Final).html  I think this one would be popular, its also an original RTCW map like beach.

We could really use a change on the Hardcore server, it gets irritating when  the same maps repeat over and over  :omgcat:

• Like 4