[Update] Piece Of Mind (A talk about depression)

MorriganAensland

So guys, depression is not something to laugh at. If you are depressed, before tempting to clear you mind on doing other stuff... SHARE IT ! Share what you are feeling. Don't think back to your problems at night, it will make you feel even worse. Don't build a shield around yourself. Don't engulf yourself in the darkness. If you ever do, you will see what insanity looks like, it is something I never want to experiment again. It is truly a living nightmare. Help yourself, talk to someone and say it all.

Couldn't agree more with this, even if it doesn't completely remove depression, it DEFINITELY helps talking to friends and family about it.

Stay strong!

• Like 7

Crawling out of a dark hole like you are is not an easy thing to experience. It is very much worth it though and the rewards are worth fighting for.  

I know about Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks and know it a difficult life.  Keep doing your thing and you will see things do get better!!

• Like 6

Couldn't agree more with this, even if it doesn't completely remove depression, it DEFINITELY helps talking to friends and family about it.

Stay strong!

Exactly, it won't remove it, but it will greatly help you to feel better and evacuate. After this is done, now it will be the time to solve the problems from its roots and have fun, change your mind and enjoy life as you should do.

• Like 2

Been there, done that. Craziest shit I've done when I was 13 years old (am bit embarassed to say it but I can't run from it ) I drank 30+ pills Apaurine (sedatives) with wine, I did that in some shithole bar, in closed separe, I was lucky enough that I did it at night and it was closing time, so boss who was closing the bar found me called emergency, my stomache was pumpe but I was in coma for 3 weeks, after that 2 months on observation. Untill today I really don't know what pushed me to do that, maybe shit from my childhood as I was adopted etc, so just want to tell you I've been there, been thro some crazy shit periods, from depression to enourmous rage and fury toward everybody in my sight, and it all happen couse i keeped my moutj shutt, never sheared my feelings always backing down, fighting my own demons, well the point is, sometimes its better to share and open yourself and even to stranger if you feel so, becouse you may fight your own demons but not every time you gonna win.. Like me, I thought i can solve everything with just keeping it to myself, and where did that took me? Almost up there in heaven. JJ in hell for sure xD Well, I'm glad that you shared this with us..i red your post like several times..and found myself from the past in it..so m8 keep talking, sharing, find something you can do wich you like to take away that pressure from you..i started running, boxing, hitting stuff is good :D anyway I feel you bro, you can always PM me, I'm here to talk when ever you feel like to. Thank you for sharing this <3

• Like 6

I once lost my shit and went to a nuthouse for a weekend. Story's hidden by now in the trials and members section. hah.

true%20story.jpg

So I feel ya. Do vent your shit when necessary. Talk to someone. Hence why they even have these suicide/depression hotlines for people to just chat to random strangers. Probably even online chat functions as well. They don't judge you and it's anonymous. Bottling shit up is a great way to snap.

Good to see things getting brighter for you, dude. Lots of good people here to talk to when you need to.

• Like 6

Then I was 19 I did the same shit like Xp.Boom does. But not went to the coma, quite opposite, actually - I became super energetic, got short term memory loss, got married(!!), did some craziest shit, etc. etc. ....after 3 days my sister found me near our hometown (I was lying on the road unconsciously), and she tooks me to the hospital.

I wish good health to everyone it that topic, guys.

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 5

Know a lot about depression,pain and mental problems..i'm not gonna tell you a tear jerker just this... Deal with it,own it..adapt..every time I had a bad thought I just replaced it with a good one in memory or positive thought..attitude.. do not hold stuff inside...it's ok to cry..I've shed many tears..it's ok..just wipe them away and start anew.do not worry about everything at once..that leaves you powerless..take one issue at a time and the ones you can't change at this time move to something else.. you may solve that other problem later once your mind has time to process it in the background..life is not easy.. all I can say is do not give up..find beauty in life....i wish you the best in your journey  -_-

• Like 5

• Leader

I am sure that all of us who have suffered depression have had people tell us to "smile" or "get over it" or somesuch before we got help.

Some depressions is normal, such as the mourning period after a loved one dies.

I think that our minds somehow adapt to the long-term depression that creeps up on us.  I think that we would recognize it much more easily if the full symptoms happened to us overnight for no reason that we could think of.

MorriganAensland, I am glad that you got help.

I am proud of you for sharing it here.  It may help others who read your topic.

It may help others who read your topic.

I can see a Baidu user reading this topic right now.  
Edited by RedBaird
add Baidu reader
  • Like 3

I'm going to do a GIGANTIC multiquote in order to at least reply to every messages without spamming the topic.

:-*

:-* Thank you so much once again !

<3

Thanks buddy. You're still a nerd though, but you're my nerd. <3

Crawling out of a dark hole like you are is not an easy thing to experience. It is very much worth it though and the rewards are worth fighting for.  

I know about Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks and know it a difficult life.  Keep doing your thing and you will see things do get better!!

It's hard indeed, this dark hole is a trap that our own mind set on itself. It can't get free by itself. It has to get some help. The person trapped has to make a move and ask for the help in order to help himself. It could be a friend, a family member, a complete stranger... But doing the talking can greatly help to at least clear your own mind and let you focus on getting a better life without as much pain.

Been there, done that. Craziest shit I've done when I was 13 years old (am bit embarassed to say it but I can't run from it ) I drank 30+ pills Apaurine (sedatives) with wine, I did that in some shithole bar, in closed separe, I was lucky enough that I did it at night and it was closing time, so boss who was closing the bar found me called emergency, my stomache was pumpe but I was in coma for 3 weeks, after that 2 months on observation. Untill today I really don't know what pushed me to do that, maybe shit from my childhood as I was adopted etc, so just want to tell you I've been there, been thro some crazy shit periods, from depression to enourmous rage and fury toward everybody in my sight, and it all happen couse i keeped my moutj shutt, never sheared my feelings always backing down, fighting my own demons, well the point is, sometimes its better to share and open yourself and even to stranger if you feel so, becouse you may fight your own demons but not every time you gonna win.. Like me, I thought i can solve everything with just keeping it to myself, and where did that took me? Almost up there in heaven. JJ in hell for sure xD Well, I'm glad that you shared this with us..i red your post like several times..and found myself from the past in it..so m8 keep talking, sharing, find something you can do wich you like to take away that pressure from you..i started running, boxing, hitting stuff is good :D anyway I feel you bro, you can always PM me, I'm here to talk when ever you feel like to. Thank you for sharing this <3

That's pretty intense too. I'm glad you ended up ok from that. After all, you're one of the most likable person in here. I guess we both learned from our experiences that bottling in is the worst we can do. So as I just said above, I'd like to add this. Our brain is sick due to either some illness we have or situations we're living (Sometimes both, just like I). People may think we're overestimating this and its just in our head, everything's fine, it's just a stress and we should just go outdoor and we will be fine. It's so wrong on so many levels. Depression is more than that. This state of mental inability has its roots deeper than what it seems. It's mostly because of current or even past events which are really really hard to get over it. You keep it inside your head thinking you're stronger than that... But you end up hurting yourself instead. 

This sickness to our brain can't be cured with pills. The sad truth is for those who take pills: It won't help you. You're the ones who got the power to help yourselves.

I once lost my shit and went to a nuthouse for a weekend. Story's hidden by now in the trials and members section. hah.

true%20story.jpg

So I feel ya. Do vent your shit when necessary. Talk to someone. Hence why they even have these suicide/depression hotlines for people to just chat to random strangers. Probably even online chat functions as well. They don't judge you and it's anonymous. Bottling shit up is a great way to snap.

Good to see things getting brighter for you, dude. Lots of good people here to talk to when you need to.

The more I'm reading you guys and also with your situations, the more I'm glad I did the topic. It helps to see others who went through the same things and I also shared the topic with a friend of mine who was also heavily depressed. I'll do my best to help her, get her to talk and I'll help her to get her mind in a stable state. I've been through the insanity, barely able to fight it. I want to help as many as I can since it is the worst thing I can think of.

Then I was 19 I did the same shit like Xp.Boom does. But not went to the coma, quite opposite, actually - I became super energetic, got short term memory loss, got married(!!), did some craziest shit, etc. etc. ....after 3 days my sister found me near our hometown (I was lying on the road unconsciously), and she tooks me to the hospital.

I wish good health to everyone it that topic, guys.

At 19 years old, this is still fairly young. With out you became super energetic and how you felt, I can imagine how you were pretty much a time bomb for your own sake. I'm glad you ended alive. We're alive now, let's not waste our life.

Know a lot about depression,pain and mental problems..i'm not gonna tell you a tear jerker just this... Deal with it,own it..adapt..every time I had a bad thought I just replaced it with a good one in memory or positive thought..attitude.. do not hold stuff inside...it's ok to cry..I've shed many tears..it's ok..just wipe them away and start anew.do not worry about everything at once..that leaves you powerless..take one issue at a time and the ones you can't change at this time move to something else.. you may solve that other problem later once your mind has time to process it in the background..life is not easy.. all I can say is do not give up..find beauty in life....i wish you the best in your journey  -_-

Yes, it is fine to be the kind of optimistic person during hard times, it's actually one thing we should try our best to be. We just still have to get done with our issues to progress once and for all. Once it's done, there's no need to think about our past problems anymore, they're gone forever. Go on and be happy like we should all be.

I am sure that all of us who have suffered depression have had people tell us to "smile" or "get over it" or somesuch before we got help.

Some depressions is normal, such as the mourning period after a loved one dies.

I think that our minds somehow adapt to the long-term depression that creeps up on us.  I think that we would recognize it much more easily if the full symptoms happened to us overnight for no reason that we could think of.

MorriganAensland, I am glad that you got help.

I am proud of you for sharing it here.  It may help others who read your topic.

I can see a Baidu user reading this topic right now.  

What I could've replied to this is the same thing I said to the XP.Boom part. A lot of people don't clearly understand how dangerous the situation can be. Sometimes, even when we think we got through the depression without talking, thinking we're "Top shit", it's never really healed, one more bad thing which can add up could make someone snap. It's really important to learn how to respect our bodies, our heart, our brain... Everything we have. 

I hope indeed this topic helps people, it's better to make the right move as quick as we can than take the dark path which leads to somewhere we may never go back.

Hope u get well soon and sort all of lives issues out

Trust me, I'll sort everything out. But at the same time that I will, I will also talk. Thanks.

• Like 3

Yeah we all had some shit in our lives, but just to tell you something, don't think too much of this, I mean don't "study" your "sickness" , couse I've learned the deeper you go into something the harded you will get out of it. It's ok to share your thoughts and feelings, just try not to run it in your mind everyday, couse than you will never escape from it..trust me I know :)

• Like 2