Nail biting

Birdman

So, as long as I can remember I bite my fingernails.

Since a week or 2 I stopped, but It's hard.

Anyone has a few tips?

Don't wanna use some anti bite stuff or anything like that.

I used to put ducktape over my fingers but I would bite that aswell. Maybe is good for start. Couse when you feel that awfull taste of ducktape in your mouth you stop for a day or two lol. Second is like smoking, try with gums, always have 1 packet in your pocket. So when you have urge to bite fingernails just take one gum. But long use of gums is bad for your jaw. Bones start to turning into sand, for real. So when you open and close your mouth you can feel it, not so good feeling. So IMO smoking and biting your fingernails comes from same problem - beeing nervous as shit. Find something that will occupy you, something you like and enjoy in it, like some hobie go running and shit like that. It helps with fingernails aswell as with smoking. Its all in your head. This with gums, ducktape are just tricks for ATM..but you need to work on yourself to make it gone for life..so that's the best tip for you..don't search for solutions in others, find it inside yourself.. Good luck :)

• Like 2

put some bad sour nail liquid.. will make you stop, but after that if you dont have a break down u can continue.. I can do it for 2 months, then i forget and i come back to the nail biting :D

• Like 1

I did it until I was like 17, no idea how I stopped but as soon as they grew a bit I loved them so much, and never wanted to bite them again. It's awful to me to see a girl with nails bitten to the core lmao like mine were.

Plus long fingernails makes your fingers look longer too, and I crave long fingers.

Oh I remember how I stopped. I stopped biting all of my nails except the one on left thumb, I continued biting that one. Gross yeah I know. With time I stopped with that too.

• Like 1

This is some serious nail biting stuff! :P (sorry couldn't resist)

I used to and now I've stopped minus my pinky on my left hand, man that finger nail gets a lot of abuse. Don't ask me why I abuse that poor nail but it just seems to have just got unlucky apart from that I clip my nails, ah that's it! just make sure you're Up to date with your clipping of finger nails then you'll have no nails to bite!

Or I know make them all pretty by adding nail varnish to them... Can't imagine that will taste nice if you start biting that.

• Like 1

What if you like the taste of ass?

Ah but once you sit on your hands you aren't allowed to remove them from underneath your bum :P you're just stuck like that forever:( basically just super glue them to your bum for a week and your issue will be sorted, try it :P

• Like 3

I've been biting them for 10 years or so and as a result I can just not pick things like paper sheets like a decent human :( 

• Like 2

Been a while since i stopped biting my nails, once day i simply decided to not bite my nails anymore, since it was annoying me and i just went with that, i had like two weeks of struggle to keep it growing, but afterwards it was pretty easy. Never bite a single nail after, be a man and just do it, no need for any method to ease it up.

• Like 2