Other Donation Goal and Candy Prize

von Rantala

Great idear m8 but is the donation tracker correct? are we still on 50%?

I will fix it in Saturday if i am able, if not, then in monday. Its fathers day weekend coming and tomorrow is a lot to things to do also. Correct amount is 3782 dollar!

Will add Donation awards too for ppls profiles. All donations has come throught, its just site based thing that tracker not automaticly update. We tryed fix it, but when we was not able, we will come back to old system and automaticly add all donations to donation tracker.

Edited by von Rantala

How about this if I win most tickets you buy me a wooden cottage in Lappohja? Been there 3 times with ship this year, and fell in love with that place!! :D

• Like 1

How about this if I win most tickets you buy me a wooden cottage in Lappohja? Been there 3 times with ship this year, and fell in love with that place!! :D

Sure! If you will buy me Minnesota Wild so i can be team manager and bring Cup to home :D

• Like 7

is it required to have a credit card linked to your paypal to donate to FA? that is the only option paypal is giving me right now and i dont have a credit card :unsure:

is it required to have a credit card linked to your paypal to donate to FA? that is the only option paypal is giving me right now and i dont have a credit card :unsure:

Yes i think you need credit card to be able to use paypal, im not fully sure. Maybe someone who know more about paypal could reply for this?

i already put money on my paypal account but when i want to transfer it to FA it requests me to add a credit card before i can make the second transaction :(

You should be able to use paypal with your bank account (with or without credit card). You should link your bank account to it, then it should work. If it doens't work, pm me. I'm busy this weekend but I will make a tutorial as soon as possible on how to donate with paypal, so no one stops while being on his way to donation.

Also, all who have troubles donating with paypal: you can also send money to a thrusted member (preferably someone who donated before) and ask them to donate it for you :)

• Like 2

• Leader

You should be able to use paypal with your bank account (with or without credit card). You should link your bank account to it, then it should work. If it doens't work, pm me. I'm busy this weekend but I will make a tutorial as soon as possible on how to donate with paypal, so no one stops while being on his way to donation.

Also, all who have troubles donating with paypal: you can also send money to a thrusted member (preferably someone who donated before) and ask them to donate it for you :)

I wonder if there are different Paypal rules in different countries?  There are certainly different banking laws in the various countries.

I signed up for a Paypal account years ago and used my bank account to add money to the account, which "verified" the account for Paypal.

I was checking on the Paypal forum and it seems that at least one customer says that PP is demanding his credit card number before he can use any of the 200 Euros that he just got into his account.  He didn't make clear whether he already had a bank account or debit card linked to the account.  

They may want credit card info these days so that they don't have to refuse as many payments to vendors when the bank accounts are out of money.   :)

Re: PayPal Forcing Me To Add Credit Card
‎06-17-2011 09:12 AM

I too had experienced much frustration while signing up and linking accounts whereas I did not have
 a credit card, NOR a bank account. I finally opened a checking account. I can tell you from first 
hand experience that the most effective way to get my problems solved, including the "spending limits"
 was to CALL THEM directly. On the "Contact" page you can find an option to call, which will give
 you a code to enter within a certain amount of minutes.
from https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal-Archive/PayPal-Forcing-Me-To-Add-Credit-Card/td-p/277534

@ Owned...Don't forget this:

If it doens't work, pm me

I wonder if there are different Paypal rules in different countries?  There are certainly different banking laws in the various countries.

I can imagine there are different banking laws, and some demand a credit card for paypal. That's a pertinent thought. But I can't imagine the rules are different for Owned than they are for me; as far as I know (and I study law), these aspects of banking law are controlled by the European Union.

I should have a deeper research on this, but as for now I can at least say I'm pretty sure it should work for Owned and for everyone else from the EU or the USA. The Netherlands website also clearly states "bank account and/or credit card". (source in dutch)

Re: PayPal Forcing Me To Add Credit Card

‎06-17-2011 09:12 AM

I did not have a credit card, NOR a bank account.

The person who complains has no bank account either, bank account is required (in EU at the very least) so it's normal the person can't use Paypal properly. Paypal is not forcing him to use a credit card, it's forcing him to use a credit card OR a bank account. That's what I understand here, at least :)

Still, I want some Finnish candy! Going to check if I have money left on the account :)
  • Like 1

The problem is that it only required it for this transaction, i have used paypal before for different transactions (donations to streamers / buying stuff for games like archeage) but it requests me to add a credit card for donating to FA. I will try again later today and see if the amount of money is the issue and if so I will split it up to smaller donations. Gotta make an exam for my study first though :P brb in a couple of hours with an update.

• Like 2