.KeLFOuTO!r.

Welcome sound

I was thinking about something to encourage/increase donations and reach 2015 goal.

For any donation of XX$ and above (amount to be determined by upper++), the donator/player can choose a song (or among a list of available songs).
And everytime he connects to his fav server, the beginning of the song would be playing as a welcome song for a few seconds.

Maybe technically complicated, I don't know.

But back a few years ago, our leader in .BE clan did this and it was very successfull and enjoyed by everyone.

• Like 3

Loooove the idea. Dunno how complicated would it be though!

• Like 1

DD was working on this for the VIP-program (Gold & Platinum) here, but those of us helping him to extract the audio from YouTube, etc, and edit them down to "time allotted" kind of drifted away from it, like me.   :blush:

I think that the VIPs were limited to personal entrance sound on their favorite server.  Pinoy's on Jay3 used to startle me each time that he joined.   :)

I think that DD would have to stop the server, upload the new VIP-soundpak to the server file-set and restart the server on a regular basis.  He would also have to remove the sounds for the ex-VIPs who didn't renew.  I also think that he would like to have the problem of having so many VIPs that the sound-pak got too big.   ;)

I wonder if he could have two VIP sound-paks, a stable one for the long-term VIPs and a more volatile one for the new VIPs and those who have only renewed once.  

If you look here:  Downloads → Sounds , it seems that several of us worked on that project just over two years ago.  

In "Fearless Assassins  → PC Gaming - Discussion  → Enemy Territory Discussion  → ET Sounds"  DD pinned a topic : Welcome to new section of ET Sound pack!!  People post a link to an outside sound source and whoever works on extracting and optimizing the sound file uploads it to the Downloads→Sounds section and puts a link the downloadable file back into the source-post.

This whole thing is also a service to the Readers of the FA site. They can download whatever files that they want to. Hmmm, I think that I will download some of the files and hook my doorbell up to a sound system and play sounds for the Trick-or-treaters next Halloween. :)

Edited by RedBaird
Add (Gold & Platinum), tnx Annibal
  • Like 3

I was thinking about something to encourage/increase donations and reach 2015 goal.

For any donation of XX$ and above (amount to be determined by upper++), the donator/player can choose a song (or among a list of available songs).

And everytime he connects to his fav server, the beginning of the song would be playing as a welcome song for a few seconds.

Maybe technically complicated, I don't know.

But back a few years ago, our leader in .BE clan did this and it was very successfull and enjoyed by everyone.

It's already available if I'm not wrong.. I remember Pinoy connecting on jay3 with such a thing.

• Like 1

I our old server we had entry songs for members, so it shouldnt be that hard.... I think  :huh:

Ahhh and kelf, thats a great idea  :P

• Like 1

Sound a like great idea, but we would need help with making it possible. Need ofc DD approval too.

• Like 1

Plus your online member name status is updated to orange with a shiny badge.

Custom personal welcome message on one Enemy Territory servers wherever mod supports.

available from Gold - VIP Membership

• Like 3

Loooove the idea. Dunno how complicated would it be though!

Not at all, u attach a sound wav file to specific level, lets say that those donors would have specific level and at that level u would simply add that wav file to play when they connect at server. We used that back at past on our jaymod server when leader or co-leader connected on server.

Ok, there are similar things already existing. Maybe a "repackaging into a new and sexy package" could enable a booster in donations... Just saying... :rolleyes: