ET Server Suggestion Beginners #2 - Map suggestions

la7ette

Isn't arty limited somehow already? Don't really know since I only play the class of champions. Arty at the truck is the typical allied "defence" to steal gold crates.

12 hours ago, Ellen said:

Isn't arty limited somehow already? Don't really know since I only play the class of champions. Arty at the truck is the typical allied "defence" to steal gold crates.

Oh, if this is the case then I think it should be limited even more. In a mall map like caen2 it's just silly. Goldrush was maybe a bad example, but as I said at least there are more ways to get around it. Also yeah, there allied can use it defensively too.

Edited by Nikolai

I agree about limiting arty, but with bots in game FOPS might then run into situations where the non-human players have stolen all their easy kill -airstrikes. In my opinion, artillery, mortar, nades and other explosives should come with slight FF damage. Avoiding that is what makes using them a lot harder.

• Like 2

Moved this here.

Ok, so here is my thoughts.

B2 is ment for fun and as the name says, also for beginners. There is alot of this and that, but I have listened to suggestions from you guys and to me most of them would turn b2 into HC server with doublejump. We provide many servers and all have different settings, so that ppl do have the variety of choices. To make all these drastic changes isn't gonna happen. Something like spawntimes could be looked into a bit, but that's about it.

So I suggest anyone who feels there is too much of anything, to try out silent1 or HC, just for as example.

• Like 2
  • 100 5

• Leader

I support @RendeL in this case 100%. The reason I chosen B2 is for the game style, settings and players. Why should we start changing stuff when the server is doing really good? We are currently ranked No 3 in server ranking so to my guess a vast majority of players likes the server how it is. B2 is a fun environment and there's a little bit for everyone. Anyway, personally I think arty, mortar, panzer, are a great way to counter rambomedics which can also be frustrating for some players. 

4 hours ago, RendeL said:

To make all these drastic changes isn't gonna happen

Thank you :) 

• Like 2
  • 100 3

Replacing Siwa Oasis official with Siwa Oasis Beta 3 has been suggested several times. Of all the FA servers having Siwa Oasis in their map rotation, B2 is the only one running the official version.

May I ask why it has been ignored up until now ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K.LisTa said:

Replacing Siwa Oasis official with Siwa Oasis Beta 3 has been suggested several times. Of all the FA servers having Siwa Oasis in their map rotation, B2 is the only one running the official version.

I'll look into this when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I will change some maps soon. Will replace oasis to sw for example and will look back this topic for some suggested maps.

What I'd need in first place is the large maps suitable for 30+ ppl. Also some small (0-15 ppl) and medium sized (15-30 ppl).

The max game chars error, we are still working on it, so I'd like to see well known maps as large ones that has been already fixed for entities and so to avoid these errors on map side.

Will remove the non popular maps atleast.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 9:06 PM, K.LisTa said:

+9999

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I took a look on the maps we have atm and I have covered small/medium sized for 30 ppl max. I can replace some if needed.

I'd like to remove fueldump as it is issue and overplayed too.

I need large maps for full (+30 ppl) server asap. I need 5 or 6 atleast, so far I have:

Capuzzo

Oasis_b3

• Like 1

Just pick some ideas from Jay1 rotation :

et_mor2_night_final,0,64,
supplydepot2,33,64,
caen2,0,40,
fueldump,0,64,
sp_delivery_te,0,40,
pirates,0,64,
et_beach,0,64,
fa_italy_b3,0,64,