wifi router problem??

ok this happend me once before and its happening again whenever i reset my router and try to connect wirelessly to my router from my laptop it shows me the name of router in list but whenver i try to connect it says troubleshoot and when i troubleshoot it gives me the message to unplug the router wait for 10seconds nd try which i do but still the same..

i have updated drivers :

Qualcomm Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter

Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

this thing started when i format my laptop with win7 32bit...

plz help............

thx........

So powering down your router for 15 seconds followed by plugging it back in does not solve the problem?

The first thing we'd want to do is isolate the issue to either your router or your network card. Do you have a phone, tablet, or another computer that you can connect to your wireless access point?

It would be helpful to know which version of the driver you have. To find out, press the Windows Key + R. This will open the run dialog. Type in "devmgmt.msc" into the box and press Enter.
Open the branch "Network Adapters", and you'll see an entry for your Atheros AR5B97. Right click that and choose properties. Navigate to the Driver tab. It will look like this:
post-9897-0-55639900-1445714172_thumb.png

What I need is the driver version, in the case of the screenshot it is 10.0.0.308.

• Like 1

In addition to what Xernicus is suggesting:

You can try to delete the wifi connection on your computer for your router and reconnect it. maybe there is something in there that causes issues.

Ensure you have the password!

- Go to 'Network and Sharing Center'

- Go to 'Manage Wireless Networks'

- Find your wifi in the list / click on it / click 'Remove'

After that reconnect over the wifi finder right next to the clock in the task bar. This reconnects your wifi with your computer and eliminates issues with that connection piece.

thx alot for replying guys srry i didnt replied asap but i found the solution at that time. i changed my wifi password so my lptop wasnt connecting cause it was detecting with my old password nd it wasnt connecting... well i chnged the password in my laptop nd it worked...

• Like 2