et freezing completely

Cumquat

I sent my laptop for repair and now im playing from my old desktop computer.

The funny thing thing is i have stable fps and et runs really good,much much better than on my laptop.

But,from yesterday it has already got stuck many times where i can do nothing,task manager doesnt open and the computer is completely stuck,caps lock etc doesnt turn on.

Is it a  hardware issue or should i maybe upgrade to windows 8.1? it has windows 7. I cleaned the fans yesterday and all of them run fine so no overheating.

May be worth mentioning that it has only got stuck while i was playing et,and it keeps playing the sound that was playing at the moment it got stuck on loop.

I sent my laptop for repair and now im playing from my old desktop computer.

The funny thing thing is i have stable fps and et runs really good,much much better than on my laptop.

But,from yesterday it has already got stuck many times where i can do nothing,task manager doesnt open and the computer is completely stuck,caps lock etc doesnt turn on.

Is it a  hardware issue or should i maybe upgrade to windows 8.1? it has windows 7. I cleaned the fans yesterday and all of them run fine so no overheating.

May be worth mentioning that it has only got stuck while i was playing et,and it keeps playing the sound that was playing at the moment it got stuck on loop.

Well, It's not Hardware issue , It's Software issue !

Can u tell me more about ur system config please ?! Make sure u have the Minimum system requirements

CPU: Pentium III 600 MHz processor or AMD equivalent

CPU Speed: 600 MHz

RAM: 128 MB

Video Card: 3D hardware accelerator with 32 MB with full OpenGL support

Sound Card: Yes

Free Disk Space: 500 MB

Now, After that, Put your Etkey in a safe place and fresh install ! If that doesn't works too, just Format your PC. Keep windows 7 ! ( Recommended )

- Regards

Well, It's not Hardware issue , It's Software issue !

Can u tell me more about ur system config please ?! Make sure u have the Minimum system requirements

CPU: Pentium III 600 MHz processor or AMD equivalent

CPU Speed: 600 MHz

RAM: 128 MB

Video Card: 3D hardware accelerator with 32 MB with full OpenGL support

Sound Card: Yes

Free Disk Space: 500 MB

Now, After that, Put your Etkey in a safe place and fresh install ! If that doesn't works too, just Format your PC. Keep windows 7 ! ( Recommended )

- Regards

really?!? re-install everything, your game, your Os and format..... the Minimum requirements for W:ET..... cmon!!

Try first with r_primitives 2 in case you own an AMD\old card GrumpyCat. It's the most common issue met with ET. If this doesn't work, post your PC specs and your game cfg please and we will look into it.

• Like 2

really?!? re-install everything, your game, your Os and format..... the Minimum requirements for W:ET..... cmon!!

Try first with r_primitives 2 in case you own an AMD\old card GrumpyCat. It's the most common issue met with ET. If this doesn't work, post your PC specs and your game cfg please and we will look into it.

yeah of course i can run it,in fact i have this computer from 2007 (was probably built years before i got it),and as i said it runs et much better than my 2011 laptop,it actually runs et smoothly.

i know about the primitives,i have a nvidia card so i have it at 0 and its good.

btw in case you missunderstood my problem,my computer completely freezes,i have to shut it down my holding the power button.

and it happened again a few moments ago right after i booted it so i guess its not only related to et.

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz

Ram: 2,0 GB

windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

Nvidia geforce 8400 gs

i dont know what else to post

im running system file checker (sfc/scannow) in case it does anything...

scan ended,found nothing..

does it freeze also in safe mode?

edit: btw, you posted this in ET support.. So does it mean this happens only while running ET or happens randomly whatever the case.

edit 2: have you checked in event viewer if there was some infos about it.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

edit: btw, you posted this in ET support.. So does it mean this happens only while running ET or happens randomly whatever the case.

As Ann!b@l Said, Try running ET in Safe mode.. Still Doesn't works ?! 

Okay after researching on google I really think booting your pc will work like a charm ! :D

Cause, some months ago The same problem happened with my old pc ! Acctually With Counter Strike 1.6, When I try to join a server it hangs !

Simple answer, Too much processes, System Can't Handle, It Hangs ! Still if you don't want to reboot ur system, Try Running et with "Run As Administrator" :) 

I really think this can be the solution !

Okay after researching on google I really think booting your pc will work like a charm ! :D

Cause, some months ago The same problem happened with my old pc ! Acctually With Counter Strike 1.6, When I try to join a server it hangs !

Simple answer, Too much processes, System Can't Handle, It Hangs !

Simply because in reinstalling your Os you got rid of some progs and their process you had running in background. You would have gotten the same result in checking with task manager and in stopping\uninstalling\removing from startup some crap on your pc without having to use the bazooka.

Still if you don't want to reboot ur system, Try Running et with "Run As Administrator"  :)

I really think this can be the solution !

Yeah, no any doubt....  :rolleyes:

You're not in a laboratory of experimentations here and people are not guinea pigs SvK2701. Most of them need their pc for their work, some don't have the means to buy a new one, or for some did cost them an arm. So I will be grateful if you avoid to advise straight the big measures as fix of all their problems, which could also mess with their hardware if not applied properly or with their important datas if you don't mention they also have to backup these latter and not only their etkey. Thanks.

a patient: dunno what's wrong, but I have a headach.

doc: no problem, we will cut your hair, lobotomize you and if needed cut your head.

patient: we don't start first with medicines or even examinations?!?

doc: naaah, no need, this solution works everytime! No head, no pain!

• Like 3

no i run it yesterday in safe mode and scanned it with malwarebytes (which wasnt updated for 860 days kek),for more than an hour and it didnt freeze.

it froze once after a boot on my desktop and the other times while i was playing et.

i will try event viewer,never done it before..

no worries about the etkey,its not the same one where i have admin lvls nor will i be playing here in the future,im playing on this pc temporarely.

i was googling yesterday in regards to my problem and i came across this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html

do you have any experience with it? im thinking of doing it.

sorry for double post.

checked event viewer:

ixiMjsX.jpg

the first one translates to crucial,and the numbers it says that happened seems about the same ammount of times the pc got stuck,so i guess thats what causing it?

and after googling it apparently it only came up because i had to shut down the computer irregurarly,so thats not it..

to open quickly Event Viewer press the Windows key+R key then type in the search box: eventvwr.msc

Once open, expand the Windows Logs directory and choose System. In the windows of all events (at the middle top) look for all lines of Errors or Warnings before those saying than the Computer was irregulary shut down.

About Driver Verifier, yes I already had to use it but tbh with no result in my case. Still, it worth a shot, because, like me, you seem thinking than it might be a driver issue since than you can boot in safe mode and that the "scannow" has pointed no system issues. Here another tutorial if needed: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

its always filtermanager right before the kernel thing,but it doesnt come up as an error

0Q41AUf.jpg

btw the list is massive and goes back to 2014 and most of it is service control manager,which other times comes up as error or information

wzSYgFy.jpg

In addition to what Ann!b@l is checking with you:

- open your computer and check how much dust is in there. Especially in the fans of the cpu and graphics card. Clean it carefully (no water, no force!)

- if you have more than one memory stick, take all of them out but one out and test the system. also test the other memory sticks. (if that works with just one, the one you hold in your hand has an issue)

- check for driver updates. Search for the msinfo32.exe tool to find out what components you have. Search on the hardware vendor site for the latest drivers. (especially the mainboard and graphic card drivers)

best of luck

The kernel power error is the most worrying in your listing. It might be caused by many reasons (power suply, processor overheating, drivers conflicting, a wrong setting in your bios,..).

-can you check if Windows has its Power plan set on Maximum Performance please. If it's not the case, then do so.

-use the Disk cleanup feature of Windows for each drive (include system files in the cleanup).

-try\test running Windows with Aero disabled and see if these freezes occur again.

-since an error in a bios is sometimes difficult to spot, especially if you're not used at it or don't know the usual settings (like the voltages for example), try to reset all the settings on default.

-make sure like said redy than your pc is clean. This includes the dust in the heatsink and why not a fresh thermal paste applied on your processor.

Edited by Ann!b@l

-power plan is at balanced.

-will do

-will do

-i opened the case and removed the battery and when i booted there was an option to load default settings on bios or something like that before i saw your message,but im not sure its the same thing.

-i have no idea what thermal paste is and what it does,can you explain it to me?

btw the cpu usage was always at least 50% when i was just sitting at the desktop and then even higher when i did something.i found out it was svchost that had the windows update service on it which is apparently very common to use tonso of cpu but i got rid of it.

but i still want to upgrade the ram,its only 2 gb,now when i go to dxdiag i cant find system manufacturer or system model.

I have a kingston hyperx ddr2 and i know kingston has a site where you enter your info and it finds the compatibility.

How can i find compatible ram now? i want to put at least 4 gb more or 6gb.