Python 3 ET GetserversResponse

Zelly

It is a response to getservers to a sv_master server

So I am trying to figure out what I gotta do to interpret this: 71538cf3b4d638449b35f376e57df5db.png

Right now the only way I can even read that much is to just open a file and 'wb' to the file.

I have looked at the code in C that parses it but I don't see anywhere where it decodes it, it just seems to know that they are addresses. First time I have worked with this sort of problem, normally the responses for ET just come over as plain text.

Any help appreciated.

As SunLight already said try using a hexdump such as

0x5C seems to be the delimiter, after that 4 bytes for the ip, 2 bytes for the port and another delimiter

Convert 5C 08 09 04 E3 6D 39 5C without delimiter to decimal and you are done

0x08 8

0x09 9

0x04 4

0xE3 227

0x6D39 27961

Does anybody know a good description about the protocol?

• Like 1

Sorry late reply, was out, then was too tired/lazy to work on this again.

I just meant I didn't see anywhere where it did anything special to the response in the C code. I don't know C though so that is probably why :D

Is this what you need? http://pastebin.com/Dgke5FnV

@cubbie I think I understand will see if I can totally grasp it with some trial and error.

• Clan Friend

Sorry late reply, was out, then was too tired/lazy to work on this again.

I just meant I didn't see anywhere where it did anything special to the response in the C code. I don't know C though so that is probably why :D

Is this what you need? http://pastebin.com/Dgke5FnV

@cubbie I think I understand will see if I can totally grasp it with some trial and error.

Yes that was easier to read :D, as cubbie said '\' is the delimiter and then you have an ip address, 4 bytes and the port in 2 bytes.

You don't see anything special in the C code because the ips are just stored, and the server info is taken in other places (by sending a getinfo)

• Like 5