Whats the best et server host?

Oxifresh

Hi I was helping my friend create his et server for fun, He is not that experienced with configuration and neither am I, so there isnt much I can do to help him. He was using the site fragwise for help but it didnt really work out for him and he wants to try another server hosting site. I dont know really any good ones for him so maybe you could help him out. What are ones that are easy to use and configure for someone who does not have much experience and creating a server. Thank you

Hi I was helping my friend create his et server for fun, He is not that experienced with configuration and neither am I, so there isnt much I can do to help him. He was using the site fragwise for help but it didnt really work out for him and he wants to try another server hosting site. I dont know really any good ones for him so maybe you could help him out. What are ones that are easy to use and configure for someone who does not have much experience and creating a server. Thank you

I don't really think there is in reality the best ET Server Hosting as the word "best" is subjective and it largely depends on your requirements. Since you do not have much experience, I believe having an experienced support team is needed in the company you would be hosting your servers with so in light of this I shortlisted 2 companies which I think may suit your needs.

The two companies are: http://dediserverhosting.com/and https://www.gameservers.com/

I would like to bring your attention to Dediserverhosting. Since based on your recent few questions with regards to creating a server, I believe you would want to have servers managed by experienced support team similar to how some of Fearless Assassin's servers are being managed thus, you can try Dediserverhosting.

You may now ask why http://dediserverhosting.com/The answer to this question is due to the fact that daredevil, who I believe you know is the Founder of F|A, is part of the team that manages Dediserverhosting. He having managed Fearless Assassins Servers would have the experience to help you manage your servers.

You can read more about Dediserverhosting through this links : 

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/8728-game-server-hosting-fearless-assassins/

http://dediserverhosting.com/

As for gameservers.com, I have personally used them before although that was quite a long time ago. They do have tools to make managing your gameservers easier so you can try them out if you prefer not to use Dediserverhosting.

You may think I am biased since I seem to promote dediserverhosting.com a lot but do note that I am not part of Dediserverhosting and I am just stating my opinion based on my view on what would be best for you.

I have had servers with both.

Gameservers seems to always have problems that "are not their fault" like download redirect failures and bad ping for a select group of people. Also have had a support ticket take over 5 days to respond.

Not to rant on them most of the time they are good however it seems when something does eventually go wrong it is a massive pain to fix.

Also they are not really specialized in W:ET

As for dediservers I have not used them nearly as much but have not had any issues so far.

Disclaimer: I haven't really had to ask for much help from either(like setting up mods, maps, and settings) because I know how to set up a server my self and know also ET pretty well.

• Like 2

At first i had servers from ngz but their support is knownless and do not want to help.

Then i had a server at Hetzner and their support is awesome but only if you have

alot of money :D

Now i use servers from dediserverhosting.com and i am surprised about their support

and their prices! There are working (i guess) 2, the chief and a employee and both are

really awesome and professionals at ET!!! They know ALL about ET! If you have a

question or a request, they can solve it!

Good luck

• 5 months later...

At first i had servers from ngz but their support is knownless and do not want to help.

Then i had a server at Hetzner and their support is awesome but only if you have

alot of money :D

Now i use servers from dediserverhosting.com and i am surprised about their support

and their prices! There are working (i guess) 2, the chief and a employee and both are

really awesome and professionals at ET!!! They know ALL about ET! If you have a

question or a request, they can solve it!

Good luck

A bit late reaction, but i am not that long trying to be a member of F|A...... :P , but in the old days ( about 10 to 12 years ago, we as the SpiDarClan used to go with gameservers.com. That for only one reason...........money.! They were at that moment the cheapest . But...as mentioned before , there support was almost none. ! Days and days waiting for an answer on a ticket. ID3 was a good one, but moeneywise we couldn`t hold them as host very long. Just some memories from an old goat.

Love you guys DarKMyst.

• Platinum VIP

I had servers on several different hosts and the best one that I used was Id3.

They had the best prices and all the options that I need it for my servers to be the best they could be

• Like 1