There will be three more Fast & Furious films

Night Hunter

d31297b21d4bd4c79f1da10d26e56be5fd274fbd

Vin Diesel has given an update on the search for a director for Fast & Furious 8, claiming that the delay in appointing a replacement for James Wan has been down to a desire on his part to make sure they get the right man for the job. More significantly however, Diesel then went on to confirm that there will be three more films in the franchise, taking the series all the way up to Fast & Furious 10.

“The fans of the Fast & Furious saga are the best fans in the world,” said Diesel on his Facebook page. “Since I became the producer in 2008, you have been with me every step of the way… literally giving me feedback that proved invaluable. Thank you. My producing partner Neal would love for me to just sign off on a director, but this is too special a franchise, so these matters have to be very carefully handled. To be clear, NO ONE has been offered to helm Fast 8 yet… let alone seen a script.”

“Universal has been so good to me and so trusting of the vision,” continues the star. “They have been like family… I promised the studio I would deliver one last trilogy to end the saga. I will announce the directors on my next post…”

Diesel’s comments would appear to contradict previous reports that claimed James Wan had been offered “life-changing money” to return to the helm, before Justin Lin was also offered the gig. In any case, it sounds as though there will be movement on this front in the not to distant future… Should all go to plan, Fast & Furious 8 will open in the UK and US on April 14, 2017.

• Like 1