Windows 7 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro?

Bow_In_Honor

So I'm buying a new version of Windows (finally), and I've been looking around to see what people have to say about both, and people seem to think 8.1 is the best way to go. 

I just wanted to know what you guys/girls thought before I made my decision.

I don't play any really old games, and I really enjoy Windows 7, but I've heard that Windows 8.1 is lighter, slightly faster, more secure, and will continue to be updated for longer than 7.

The only downside is I don't like the GUI for Windows 8. I would much rather have a traditional Windows desktop feel.

Opinions?

Edited by Bow_In_Honor
  • Like 1

Don't matter.

Get the cheapest one and upgrade to 10 for free. Profit.

I took the plunge on 10. Everything seems to run fine. Has classic 7> start menu yet retains 8's sleek style. Upgraded from 8.1.

I liked both 7 and 8 but 10 so far is definitely better. I haven't tested too many games yet, though. Nvidia has Win 10 patches already out. Bonus.

• Like 2

Don't matter.

Get the cheapest one and upgrade to 10 for free. Profit.

I took the plunge on 10. Everything seems to run fine. Has classic 7> start menu yet retains 8's sleek style. Upgraded from 8.1.

I liked both 7 and 8 but 10 so far is definitely better. I haven't tested too many games yet, though. Nvidia has Win 10 patches already out. Bonus.

This is coming from the guy that said over, and over that he'd wait at least a year before switching to 10??

This shit must be good. Only thing I'm worried about with getting Windows 10 so early is the issues with gaming, because of drivers, etc. But you said Nvidia has put out Windows 10 patches.

Have you tested out COD4 yet?

• Like 1

Yeah, Windows 10 is the way to go imo. I upgraded from 7 and I like it. Everything seems smoother...and it's free!

I do not play COD4, but ET works just fine and I have played Battlefield4, Witcher 3and Dragon Age Inquisition without a problem.

I have GeForce Nvidia drivers too.

• Like 1

So I decided to skip the middle man (Win7, or 8) cause I'm impatient, and want to get back on Windows ASAP. So I went out and bought 10 Pro.

Win10.JPG

See you guys on COD! :)

• Like 4