League of Legends Tips to become a better player

St0rmSlaSh

Hey guys. I just wanted to know how I can become a better player at League of Legends because right now, I suck at practically every champion. And I also want to know how to tell It's a good time to engage and poke in your lane. Thx! :)

find a champion you like and play 500 games with that champion - then you will have enough mechanics to focus on learning gameplay instead of failing at gameplay because of bad mechanics.

It's a good time to poke  if your team will get a gold advantage in doing so.

if 1 cs = 20 gold, and you are poking at the cost of 1 cs, then your opponent must lose 20 gold worth of cs from your poke - either from being zoned out or from being forced out of lane.

if you can poke at the cost of 0 cs then do so.

Learn champions abilities and damages. That way you will not initiate fights you will lose, or fail to initiate fights you will win.

Learn how to use attack move and quickcast.

Always look at the minimap - the only time you should not look at the minimap is when you are clicking on your screen.

Write down timers to everything, objectives, wards, summoner spells, ultimates, jungle camps that your team will take / contest on their next rotation.

practice cs without using mana

don't die

• Like 1

Like Jaie already mentioned, select a group of heros that u feel comfortable with so u wont go in full range of champions at starters, just pick 3-5 heros u like and then select the one u find the best suiting for yourself, depending as well on what u like to play, tank/assassin/marksman/jungler and so on. For short description on what each champion is, u can just click on them at champion menu at LoL client and then read description of it. Learning can be hard and long process, basics u should get easily, but mastering particular champion can take ages so u know every detail of champion, of duels, of engages/disengages and so on. For starters u should train on bots, if u're completely in beginning stage then go begginers bots, otherwise go with intermedium bots, they will do the trick of learning basics.

For starters i would recommend to avoid playing against human players, at least until u learn basics and master some stuffs from champions that u are learning, as both are way better and secure practise for you to work on. Learning can be done differently, by doing it on your own, which takes a while, or by some help of our dear friend called internet. There are hundreds of tutorials over inet for every champion that u wish to learn, i will give u some stuffs from where u can learn a thing or two.

http://www.lolking.net/guides/

http://www.mobafire.com/

http://www.solomid.net/

http://www.probuilds.net/

These sites are one of the plenty out there that offers u learning the guides of particular champion u wish to master. Guides have everything that u need to know, from what runes/masteries u should use, to starting items, late game items, match ups and so on.

Select a champion u want to learn and pick tutorial that's being top rated and updated not so long ago.

U can use youtube to check various of videos that players have published there from casual games, to tutorials and so on and i would advice u to watch Twitch LoL, where u can watch pro players streaming, as u can learn quite some useful stuffs from there as well.

For everything else, time is needed and tons of gaming, basics u will master easily by watching videos, reading tutorials and so on, advanced technics will take longer time and a lot of practise.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Thx guys. I have actually been playing Teemo and Garen for quite a while, Garen I'm not really good with, but Teemo is a pretty good champion. I played AP Annie mid yesterday and that went okay. I went 2/6/2 versus Yasuo and Lux. What would be a good combo or poke with Annie? Because I think I might be best with her.

Thx guys. I have actually been playing Teemo and Garen for quite a while, Garen I'm not really good with, but Teemo is a pretty good champion. I played AP Annie mid yesterday and that went okay. I went 2/6/2 versus Yasuo and Lux. What would be a good combo or poke with Annie? Because I think I might be best with her.

She's really simple, once u get a hold of her, basically she consume basic combo, that gives u every 4th ability use a stun, that u then trigger with next Q/W/R. So in order to make good plays, get a stun up, it will show red flame, otherwise flame will be empty (gray) if u dont have stun ready and then hit the enemy with ulti®, best way to maximize the output dmg, followed by Q and W for maximum amount of burst, if u have, add ignite to it and it's pretty much done deal for whoever is standing against u.

Annie has a big range considering auto attack and skills, so use that in your advantage by harrasing enemy in lane, but don't get minion aggro on yourself, otherwise u will be doing more harm than good. Once oppo is low enough, prepare stun and hit him with Q > W combo, finish off by ignite, if your ulti is on cooldown.

Pro tip: Use E to get stun ready, low CD/mana cost, combine it with your W for aoe stun if u wish to get a good multiple stun in teamfight, or use ulti for wiping everyone off the floor :D

• Like 1

She's really simple, once u get a hold of her, basically she consume basic combo, that gives u every 4th ability use a stun, that u then trigger with next Q/W/R. So in order to make good plays, get a stun up, it will show red flame, otherwise flame will be empty (gray) if u dont have stun ready and then hit the enemy with ulti®, best way to maximize the output dmg, followed by Q and W for maximum amount of burst, if u have, add ignite to it and it's pretty much done deal for whoever is standing against u.

Annie has a big range considering auto attack and skills, so use that in your advantage by harrasing enemy in lane, but don't get minion aggro on yourself, otherwise u will be doing more harm than good. Once oppo is low enough, prepare stun and hit him with Q > W combo, finish off by ignite, if your ulti is on cooldown.

Pro tip: Use E to get stun ready, low CD/mana cost, combine it with your W for aoe stun if u wish to get a good multiple stun in teamfight, or use ulti for wiping everyone off the floor :D

Isn't the stun Q? Because I figured out a combo where I do Q then W then Ignite.

Isn't the stun Q? Because I figured out a combo where I do Q then W then Ignite.

No, the passive is "After 4 spells, the next one will stun the target..'' can be the Q, W and R.

Annie's most common burst is R (empowered) + W + Q + Ignite, in most of the cases it's an instant kill.

Also, question: Do you have a primary position or are you trying different ones?

• Like 1

No, the passive is "After 4 spells, the next one will stun the target..'' can be the Q, W and R.

Annie's most common burst is R (empowered) + W + Q + Ignite, in most of the cases it's an instant kill.

Also, question: Do you have a primary position or are you trying different ones?

Primary position?

Primary position?

Yeah, or role. (Top/Jungle/Mid/AD Carry/Support)

First you have to see where you feel more comfortable, then the champion pool.

Yeah, or role. (Top/Jungle/Mid/AD Carry/Support)

First you have to see where you feel more comfortable, then the champion pool.

I usually go Top with Teemo and Top Garen. I've played mid with Annie before, which I'm most comfortable with.

Edited by Storm5638

I usually go Top with Teemo and Top Garen. I've played mid with Annie before, which I'm most comfortable with.

Then just practise mid with Annie for the time being, like told above, her passive is that after 4 spells, the next one will stun target, so that means regardless which skill u use, Q W R, it will stun the target, if u have ulti up, always use that for starters, as it does most dmg, followed up by w and q and ignite for insta kill.

• Like 1

Then just practise mid with Annie for the time being, like told above, her passive is that after 4 spells, the next one will stun target, so that means regardless which skill u use, Q W R, it will stun the target, if u have ulti up, always use that for starters, as it does most dmg, followed up by w and q and ignite for insta kill.

After 4 auto attacks? or abilities?