Help me

St0rmSlaSh

I accidently deleted ET and when I reinstalled it, I entered my user and the exact same colors I had, but I lost all my xp and admin lvl!!! Can anyone help me?!?! Can I just use system restore?

Edited by Storm5638

Do you happen to have old ETKEY and silent.dat saved somewhere? If not then the XP is lost for this time. For next time go to ET\etmain and save ETKEY  and from ET\silent "silent.dat" for future mishaps.

I accidently deleted ET and when I reinstalled it, I entered my user and the exact same colors I had, but I lost all my xp and admin lvl!!! Can anyone help me?!?! Can I just use system restore?

Just like Vanaraud mentioned, if you have copies of your ETKey and silent.dat, you could recover your XP and admin level. You could only system restore your computer assuming you created a system restore point previously. If you do not have copies of your ETKey and silent.dat, you can only generate a new etkey and paste it in your etmain folder.

You can post a topic on tracker to try to regain your XP and admin level. Although you have to take note that this is based on a case by case basis. It is also important to note that if you generate a new etkey, please add your new ET and silent guids in your profile.

You can access the tracker here :  http://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/

I am still working on a backup function in RestoreET Extended to try to alleviate this problem. This way you can backup your important files reducing such cases in the future.

Thank you.

• Leader

If you are using Windows, then System Restore is used to restore the operating system to a previous state saved by you or by Windows, unless you are speaking of a third-party program.   :) Beware the computer manufacturer's "restore to defaults" by whatever name it uses.

If you did a "simple delete" of your ET-installation, then you might find it in your Windows Recycle Bin.  If that is true, then perhaps you could find your etkey and silent.dat files there and use the Bin's Restore function to put them into your new installation.  

• Like 1

If you are using Windows, then System Restore is used to restore the operating system to a previous state saved by you or by Windows, unless you are speaking of a third-party program.   :) Beware the computer manufacturer's "restore to defaults" by whatever name it uses.

If you did a "simple delete" of your ET-installation, then you might find it in your Windows Recycle Bin.  If that is true, then perhaps you could find your etkey and silent.dat files there and use the Bin's Restore function to put them into your new installation.  

the problem is though, is that I emptied my recycle bin.

How do you accidentally delete a game o.o

I think he went to Program Files and delete the folder. Although that is not the proper way to uninstall a game. I am not sure how he delete the folder as usually there is a notification which ask you if you are sure you want to delete the folder when you click to delete. People can make mistakes so it is fine.

• Leader

I think he went to Program Files and delete the folder. Although that is not the proper way to uninstall a game. I am not sure how he delete the folder as usually there is a notification which ask you if you are sure you want to delete the folder when you click to delete. People can make mistakes so it is fine.

I had a boss who thought that deleting a shortcut in Windows would uninstall the program, like his Mac did.  BlackKnight  Storm5638 , did you do that?  (cross fingers in hope :) )

Edited by RedBaird
corrected the name!

I had a boss who thought that deleting a shortcut in Windows would uninstall the program, like his Mac did.  BlackKnight, did you do that?  (cross fingers in hope :) )

Haha. Don't worry. I uninstall programs through the control panel. :)

• Like 1

Haha. Don't worry. I uninstall programs through the control panel. :)

What I did do is I accidently deleted an important folder, and when I deleted the folder, ET couldn't run. So I just deleted all of the files associated with ET and reinstalled it again.

What I did do is I accidently deleted an important folder, and when I deleted the folder, ET couldn't run. So I just deleted all of the files associated with ET and reinstalled it again.

I see. It is ok. Next time remember take extra precaution before deleting a file. :)

So l searched the etmain folder for the ETKEY, and l didn't find it. I found the silent.dat but not the other one. Help? I want to save my xp for later. Seems l am going to get the whole damn game to my USB then.

So l searched the etmain folder for the ETKEY, and l didn't find it. I found the silent.dat but not the other one. Help? I want to save my xp for later. Seems l am going to get the whole damn game to my USB then.

Odd, are u having only one ET folder? Did u just install the game or? Basically the etkey should of been there if u already played, meaning u would have XP and any potencial admin level saved up on it.

U can as well download one from here : http://etkey.org/

• Like 2

Odd, are u having only one ET folder? Did u just install the game or? Basically the etkey should of been there if u already played, meaning u would have XP and any potencial admin level saved up on it.

U can as well download one from here : http://etkey.org/

No, l have all the files but only the ETKEY file is missing, or it has a different name. Anyways, l will continue searching, maybe l missed it.