Lag on Jay1

G!NG3R420

I've recently started to experience lag issues for Jay1.

Ping statistics for 8.9.4.227:

Packets: Sent = 273, Received = 255, Lost = 18 (6% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 45ms, Maximum = 970ms, Average = 124ms

Control-C

^C

Operating Windows vista 64bit. Never had this bad of a problem. Ran the "ping -t" a couple of weeks ago and only had lost 2 packets with an average of 67ms. Hope that is all you need, any more required let me know. :thanks

I've recently started to experience lag issues for Jay1.

Packets: Sent = 273, Received = 255, Lost = 18 (6% loss),

Minimum = 45ms, Maximum = 970ms, Average = 124ms

Control-C

^C

Operating Windows vista 64bit. Never had this bad of a problem. Ran the "ping -t" a couple of weeks ago and only had lost 2 packets with an average of 67ms. Hope that is all you need, any more required let me know. :thanks

Smart move to run the ping test. Your max of 970ms is really high. Also you having a lost of 18 packets could add some latency since those packets would have to be resent. I'm assuming this is wireless. If possible I would suggest trying a wired connecting and running the same test to see if the results are similar. If it's wireless, there could be many factors affecting your latency. If your wired already and still getting packet loss like that, I would be suspect of either your NIC, router or your lines.

Here is an example of my results. Remember that I'm currently on the west coast and have a 6Mb/1Mb connection and Im probably a bit further than you are from the server.

Packets: Sent = 78, Received = 78, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
   Minimum = 76ms, Maximum = 78ms, Average = 76ms

*Bump*

I tried the direct connection yet I still lost about the same packets. Does anyone know how I might be able to test my connection to the internet?

Everytime I log onto server or join a team my lag meter spikes yellow and a red bar passes by. I usually do fine but if I could figure out how to NOT lose packets i'll be fine. Any ideas?

If your running windows vista and experience lag:

1.Check your security settings. Vista has this User Account Controll (UAC) if enabled will ask your permission constantly, DISABLE IT.

Open a command window.

Type msconfig hit enter

It will boot your startup and services ect. Go to 'TOOLS'

Scroll in that box until you see 'Disable UAC' Double click and disable.

Reboot.

:::::paraphrasing from what Number1Dad told. Credit is to him.:::::

That helped out the loss of packets and lag spikes since my computer stopped fighting with itself. Another helpful thing I did was to orginize my folders. Vista 64 bit will need a (x86) in the file name to locate folder properly.

My solution to that was to send my etmain folder to my desktop>Delete the entire 'Program File (x86)' W:ET folder>

And I reinstalled using -=Medic=- FULL ET Installer http://fearless-assassins.com/links/link/19-wolfenstein-et-26b-full-setup/ >D/L and install. Before you load up and start playing make sure to drop your old etmain folder back.

This really helped my connection to the servers. When I ran 'ping -t' after all the updates my min was 42 max was 98 avg 64ms no packets lost.

Edited by Ginger420