RC Jet --Maiden Flight

Shogun!

really cool video, what is actually propelling the plane in this video? i didnt quite understand if this was a miniature fuel powered jet engine or something else.

Also, i have been looking into rc flying as a hobby and was wondering if you had any kind of starter plane you would reccomend that isnt too expensive or difficult to fly?

thanks in advance if you reply :)

really cool video, what is actually propelling the plane in this video? i didnt quite understand if this was a miniature fuel powered jet engine or something else.

Also, i have been looking into rc flying as a hobby and was wondering if you had any kind of starter plane you would reccomend that isnt too expensive or difficult to fly?

thanks in advance if you reply :)

The motor is a 5 blade EDF fan.  It generates about 4  lbs of thrust.  Air enters through the intakes on either side of the fuselage and then is expelled out the tail.  All electric motor so no need for fuel. 

The best trainer out there is the Eflite Apprentice S RTF from Horizon Hobby.

Edited by Shogun!

Thanks! i figured it wouldnt be a fuel one as those usually can be spotted pretty easily by exhaust fumes and the heat.

will take a look at that trainer plane, looks good but also a bit expensive for my current budget, but will see :D

My Brother is an Airline pilot so doesn't fly  RC hardly at all if ever these days but I have fond memories of going out with him as we grew up he had countless RC aircraft From WW2 prop's, Gliders, Gliders with small engines, all sorts. He was the kind of kid that always wanted to fly. Meticulously painted model planes hanging from the ceiling. He used to fly choppers for the Army, then went on to the Twin Otter and now fly's for Rex in a SAAB 340. Some people just know what they wanna do. I'm proud of him.

xoo6eu.jpg

• Like 2

I saw a kerosene turbine for Rc jet running ... man its unbeleivable !!! price for this one is 4000 us and my friend bought it in germany ... the total cost of his jet is around 25k ... i will never pay this price for my hobby

my most expensive plane was 1000us all included

its a so fun hobby !!!!

Great fly man great fly !!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...