silEnT1- map voting.

Dominatrix

Okay
First Hello to all of you!
If my memory is not lying to me I've seen or made myself a topic like this one but I think it's long forgotten.
What I am about to suggest is going to be great for the sake of all those maps that are not being played because players preffer to vote for the same maps all over again /which are mostly the ones they feel that they know good enough to win or deffend on/.
This at some point is okay but on the other hand how will they know how many other wonderfull maps there are if they dont get to play on them.
My suggestion is to get the players out of their comfortable zones and make them vote for maps that are not so "famous". So that when/if they join another server and see the same map they will know how to play on it and they will remember like- Hey! I learnt that map on a FA server. Wouldnt that be cool?
I honestly have no idea why there are "basic" maps that have been played all over again, maybe its because there are the first to ever appear on ET but yet why don't we make other maps "basic" as well.
I've been told that maps that were played 1,2,3,4,5 maps ago disappear from the vote list, but yet there are maps that have been played 6/6+ times before that people choose all the time. Why dont you think about changing the maps appearing on the voting part like played 20 or more maps ago?
Thanks for the time you spent reading this! 

Greets,
Domi. 

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ
fixed
  • Like 4

Hmm... I managed to get 20/30+ votes for a map that no one usually plays by voting for it and then asking everyone else to vote for it because "why the hell not?" :)

Hmm... I managed to get 20/30+ votes for a map that no one usually plays by voting for it and then asking everyone else to vote for it because "why the hell not?" :)

That's because you told everyone you would ban them all if they don't vote for your map xD

More seriously ,I agree with you .

I always vote for the same maps because I don't like to play on maps that I don't know , which is stupid ...

At the moment , a map can be played every 6 maps ( I don't know if I'm 100% clear )  , we should make it 10 or +.

• Like 1

Greets,

Domi. 

with my forum Theme i see nothing what you post  :huh:

hbxnrt7t.jpg

btw: fixed

2nd btw: add your GUID in your profile

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ
  • Like 4

That's because you told everyone you would ban them all if they don't vote for your map xD

More seriously ,I agree with you .

I always vote for the same maps because I don't like to play on maps that I don't know , which is stupid ...

At the moment , a map can be played every 6 maps ( I don't know if I'm 100% clear )  , we should make it 10 or +.

You mean this: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/54801-et-hardcore-map-play-limit/?p=479463

I don't think it will be moved anywhere above 8. In the end, it's the players who should be able to choose what they want. If they want to play the same 6 maps, we can let them. But Domi's suggestion is a good one: if we can convince people to vote for underplayed maps, this would only make the game more interesting :)

• Like 3

But Domi's suggestion is a good one: if we can convince people to vote for underplayed maps, this would only make the game more interesting :)

Actually that was my counter-suggestion lol

I would say considering silent that one of the problems is as well the dropdown menu, normally players dont scroll down the maplist in order to vote something in particular, apart of Adlernest, as there's still plenty of maps that can be chosen from but the same standard are getting voted. Don't know if its possible, but maybe the maps that were already voted could be moved down to maplist so the maps that aren't played so oftenly would be pushed up and be at the main screen of voting, instead of having the urge to scroll down and vote for it.
That was the case plenty of times already that the maps that are in the bottom part of the maplist are not voted as often as the main maps are.

• Like 2

My suggestion is to get the players out of their comfortable zones and make them vote for maps that are not so "famous". So that when/if they join another server and see the same map they will know how to play on it and they will remember like- Hey! I learnt that map on a FA server. Wouldnt that be cool?

Actually that was my counter-suggestion lol

I probably oversee something, but I don't see the difference :P

• Like 1

It would appear that's what Phantom intended to mean. I took it as she wanted to force people ("make them") to vote for lesser known/used maps :) What I proposed was simply asking people to vote for this, or that, map :)

It would be a good idea to rotate the positions of the maps, like the ones the played the least placed at the top of the list and the ones played the most at the bottom.

(Basically what Domi said but in a different way xD)

• Like 1

I'm also somewhat confused. Yes, we often vote the same maps - that's because we enjoy those maps. Heck, I often play through a few maps just so I get to play special delivery TE, knowing full well people will vote for it whenever it shows up.

Though, I *really* don't think anything server-wise should change (If it isn't broken, don't fix it). There's a reason why map-voting exists it's to give the majority a chance to decide what they want.

If you want to play different maps; convince the majority those maps are worth playing because I'm fairly sure most of us actually played most of the maps - and the thing is, we enjoy Supply/Delivery/Adlernest, etc. quite a lot!

Vote for a map you like, pfft.

You youngins here would freak out if you were to loose their right to vote for a map that's been played to death.  Shits comical.

I.e having auto map rotation would solve it/ no voting but lets let the youth have their fun, keep voting for the same maps, and make sure you ask for new maps too. lol

• 3 months later...