Question ?

THESCENE

Hey All,

Im Pandora's Wok.

I had some trouble with my cfg lately and for some reason my XP and !adminlvl are gone.

Is there some way to !setlevel me again (silent1) and get my XP back.

XP isnt that important but it would be great tho.

Thx in advance,

Hey All,

Im Pandora's Wok.

I had some trouble with my cfg lately and for some reason my XP and !adminlvl are gone.

Is there some way to !setlevel me again (silent1) and get my XP back.

XP isnt that important but it would be great tho.

Thx in advance,

I don't think your loss of XP and admin level is caused by your cfg. Are you sure you were able to connect to Silent 1? If you read the recent topic, Silent 1, Jay 2, NQ 3 and TeamSpeak are down due to hardware problems. You can read more about it here : http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/73769-servers-teamspeak-down/ You do not have to worry. Silent 1 will be back up soon. It should be back up earliest by Thursday. Although if you observe any problems when Silent 1 is back up, please post a topic here and we will reply to you as soon as possible. I suspect it is most likely not your XP and admin level which are gone but in fact you have been connecting to a different server since it is impossible to be connect to Silent 1 at this time as it is down. Can you check and tell us which server you are on? It is most likely hardcore if you are still playing on F|A Servers. Note: It is possible to set your admin level on a different F|A server to the one you had on Silent 1 but it is impossible to get your XP from Silent 1 for another F|A server. Another important thing to note is cfg would not cause loss in admin level and XP. Thank you.

• Like 2

I don't think your loss of XP and admin level is caused by your cfg. Are you sure you were able to connect to Silent 1? If you read the recent topic, Silent 1, Jay 2, NQ 3 and TeamSpeak are down due to hardware problems. You can read more about it here : http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/73769-servers-teamspeak-down/ You do not have to worry. Silent 1 will be back up soon. It should be back up earliest by Thursday. Although if you observe any problems when Silent 1 is back up, please post a topic here and we will reply to you as soon as possible. I suspect it is most likely not your XP and admin level which are gone but in fact you have been connecting to a different server since it is impossible to be connect to Silent 1 at this time as it is down. Can you check and tell us which server you are on? It is most likely hardcore if you are still playing on F|A Servers. Note: It is possible to set your admin level on a different F|A server to the one you had on Silent 1 but it is impossible to get your XP from Silent 1 for another F|A server. Another important thing to note is cfg would not cause loss in admin level and XP. Thank you.

Im not telling that it aint the problem, but i played on silent 1 before server went down.

While playing i asked some respected admins and regs what could be the reason of losing my adminlvl and xp.

One of the things the admin mentioned was posting on forum, so here i am lol

Lets hope that reconnecting silent 1 solves the problem.

Thx,

Pandora's Wok

Your XP and your level are associated with your ETkey.

Did you !resetmyxp ? Is yes you reset your XP to 0 yourself.

Have you been away for more than one month ? If yes it is normal.

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

Gengis, I might be wrong - but I don't think XP resets on Silent (that's just Hardcore -- though I might be wrong).

Thescene, it's important for us to have more information. What exactly happened? Did you move/remove folders (say the Silent folder from the ET directory) - did you (re)move files? 

It should be noted that Silent is down due to hard disk issues which might be related - I'd advise you to connect to Silent when it's back up and see if it's back.

• Leader

Did you "lose" your old silent.dat file from your silent folder?  Check the file date on your current one.  Silent gives a silent.dat file to you the first time you connect to a silent-mod server.

Did you "lose" your old silent.dat file from your silent folder?  Check the file date on your current one.  Silent gives a silent.dat file to you the first time you connect to a silent-mod server.Yell

Yello,

I just checked my silent folder, and i have a silent.dat, i guess thats the one you ment.

Weird thing is that its from 07/25/2015.

Like i mentioned before i really had some shitzu with my cfg.

Because of that i deleted silent folder so i could dl all files from server again.

Reading your post i guess thats where it went wrong ...

But i didnt delete my etkey, so i shouldnt have lost my !adminlvl.

IMhO this has nothing to do with silent server going down.

I still played on silent with no !adminlvl.

I hope (really hope) silent is back on today, lets see what happens if i reconnect.

Thank you all,

Pandora's Wok

PS. I got a strong feeling Stryder haxed it away :), thx for the backup bro !

Yello,

I just checked my silent folder, and i have a silent.dat, i guess thats the one you ment.

Weird thing is that its from 07/25/2015.

Like i mentioned before i really had some shitzu with my cfg.

Because of that i deleted silent folder so i could dl all files from server again.

Reading your post i guess thats where it went wrong ...

But i didnt delete my etkey, so i shouldnt have lost my !adminlvl.

IMhO this has nothing to do with silent server going down.

I still played on silent with no !adminlvl.

I hope (really hope) silent is back on today, lets see what happens if i reconnect.

Thank you all,

Pandora's Wok

PS. I got a strong feeling Stryder haxed it away :), thx for the backup bro !

You are correct you should not delete silent.dat which is located in the silent folder. It is good to backup your silent.dat file if you want to keep your XP and admin level on silent mod.

• Like 1

To clarify on why this happened. Silent has it's own 'guid system' on top of PB's - and Silent unlike other mods internally defaults to it's own guid system (since it's more reliable - since not everyone has a PB guid these days).

The silent.dat file contains the 'silent etkey' essentially. I'm not sure if it contains other information as well though. Rules of thumb, always make a backup of a folder and test before actually removing something. (in this case, if you had renamed the Silent folder - and then played - you'd have figured out you renamed something you shouldn't have - now unfortunately, there's no way back).

Anyways, as a final note, it's always good to make backups!

edit, re: hard disk problems for the server - I didn't actually think it was related but I couldn't help but hope. Anyway perhaps an admin with high enough level will be kind enough to !givexp your XP back (though I don't know if F|A does this - and it'd probably require proof - though, I don't think they actually do this without a _really_ good reason).

Edited by w00tw00t
  • Like 2

• Leader

BlackKnight and WootWootWoot are both correct, in all aspects.

It's too bad that you did not have your Silent GUID in your profile, or I could have looked up some things to see what XP you might have had.

You can PM me about restoring your XP and I can discuss it from the Leaders.  Did you have level 1 admin from having over 20k xp?

You should put your new Silent GUID into your profile now.  

BTW, the date on my silent.dat file in this computer is 3/30/12.

============

BTW#2, I have been doing the "rename mod-folder" in my efforts to get my ET to run with ETpro again.  I will get it fixed, someday.  No hurry, as I am not an "et pro".   :)

Hello,

I just reconnected to silent server, loaded mod and vid_restart.

My adminlvl was 0 when it used to be 3, correct me if im wrong.

I posted the guid on silent server in my settings, its the same as the other guid.

If you need other information, just ask.

Btw i knew i posted earlier and i think Mr. Von Rantala moved it to tracker.

Thats why i couldnt find it :)

Thx,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leader

Good!  

I see that you do have admin level 3 in your profile now, so any 17+ admin can set you level 3 on any server.  Uh, any server that they have their levels set on!   :)  (There is alway a technicality and crap happens to us, too.)