Weird BSOD

Burn

Ok,so my PC crashes like always when i turn it on for the first time,then sometimes i see BSOD,and it menages to restart itself,and works fine until I turn it off again.Sometimes my screen wont turn on,or whatever it is happening(i can hear the pc workinga and all,sometimes even W7 welcome sound plays,but screen is off,until i reset the PC about 5-6 times.
And also,whenever the power fails(it happens since my father's tools can f-up the power in my house a lot of items) my Internet won't work until i plug out the UTTP cable,stretch it a bit and stuff like that,then i plug it in and it crashes my PC,and again with the BSOD problem...

Has anyone experienced this kind of stuff?I'm thinking it could be a Hard Drive problem,since it's a bit older...Or i don't know what...

The hard disk has nothing to do with the monitor. You already mentioned powertools f-up the power, I'd start there; it might be that the motherboard/ram is damaged (though, generally there would be more signs).

First thing to do is - check out S.M.A.R.T. data: http://superuser.com/questions/29240/how-can-i-read-my-hard-drives-smart-status-in-windows-7- that'll allow us to help you on that front (either include the harddisk in our analysis or exclude it as the cause of the problem).

Honestly though, I don't see this being connected with the hard drive directly. You mentioned the UTP cable, this really just seems to me - a case where power isn't flowing "right" (too little, too much) and possible damage to other components (motherboard, ram, etc). If you have an internal speaker in your computer, does it ever beep?

• Like 1

The hard disk has nothing to do with the monitor. You already mentioned powertools f-up the power, I'd start there; it might be that the motherboard/ram is damaged (though, generally there would be more signs).

First thing to do is - check out S.M.A.R.T. data: http://superuser.com/questions/29240/how-can-i-read-my-hard-drives-smart-status-in-windows-7- that'll allow us to help you on that front (either include the harddisk in our analysis or exclude it as the cause of the problem).

Honestly though, I don't see this being connected with the hard drive directly. You mentioned the UTP cable, this really just seems to me - a case where power isn't flowing "right" (too little, too much) and possible damage to other components (motherboard, ram, etc). If you have an internal speaker in your computer, does it ever beep?

I know the last time i had BSOD problem it was similiar,and the hard drive switch fixed it,so i thought this could be it,but the utp cable and screen thingy was puzzling,il check out S.M.A.R.T. in the morning,thanks for that :D 

It could be RAM,motherboard is brand new,and i do have internal speakers but they don't beep,they should beep if there is something wrong right?

anyways thanks for the replay,I'll post SMART results asap 

If there's an internal speaker on the mobo it'll generally beep (depending on the issue, for ram, in my experience it's generally 3 times with old PC's) - though, I haven't been in the hardware world for a while so that might have changed but I doubt it (tho, it should be noted newer mobo's often don't come with internal speakers).

A hard drive switch fixed it - how can you be sure? How long did you test it? How did you test it? (did you just continue on as you do normally - or did you behave differently? Did your father use power tools in that time?) etc. The point I'm making here is that often people switch something and think that fixes it but sometimes they're just being optimistic.

Let's see the S.M.A.R.T. data in the morning and go from there. Either way, I hope there's nothing seriously wrong. :-)

Cheers.

Are u able to actually get a hold of screenshot from the BSOD, normally from that u can already recognize for which hardware failture is it, would be cool if u can dig up some infos, there's plenty of programs that let u save the data if the pc gets BSOD and later on u can post it up here.