F|A tag hidden somewhere

.KeLFOuTO!r.
Go to solution Solved by .KeLFOuTO!r.,

Hi guys,

as u know I resigned F|A a few months ago.

Removed tags everywhere, including from my name binds in my cfg.

And though when I connect on FUN1 it always tells "=F|A=KeLfOUTO!R connecting". Did I forget to remove something somewhere ?

I've heard these kinds of things before. I think the server somehow remembers you and only uses your new name when your config enforces it. That's why it shows you connecting with the old name. Don't think there is much you can do about it, except maybe changing your guid, which would bring other problems.

• Like 1

copy\past from jaymod folder the "etconfig" and "servercache.dat" files into etmain\profiles\name. Copy them into all other mode folders if you want to use the same name and same settings on all modes. That's mostly what I do to.

• Like 2

Either your profile is called FA Kelf... or you need to check name / cg_selectedProfileName in your configs (etconfig, autoexec (if you have one), other cfgs you open (if any))

• Like 2

• Leader

I was VERY confused by this when I began ET.  Each mod "remembers" the last name that you used on a server with that mod.  I just change it on each FA-server mod that I happen to connect to.  Change it on silent#1 or HC and it will be changed on Fun#1 when you next connect.  

If something goes wrong when connecting, my basename may show up and that is a clue that all other settings for that mod may seem to be wrong, too.  I just /reconnect and it is usually fine.  

Backup all your config files.  Restoring is easier than manually editing back in all the changes you have made over the years.  I use an online backup service, having forgotten about my external HDs, it seems!

My, am I Chatty this morning!  :) 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Change your profile name :P

Oh btw we don't let anyone go so easily if we like them so u stuck with us for eternity :)

• Like 9

Haha, formation won't fix anything. Just as a virus, you will have it for ever:D All servers will remember your real name: FA Kelfoutoir! :D

/JoNny

• Leader

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

And if nothing works, I'll have the choice to format C: or leave it like that !  :ph34r:

"Format C:" gave my first ROFL of the day!  :D

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Ofc, but there's nothing with my tags in this cfg, that's why it surprises me.

are you sure? did you check the 'name' cvar in the list? there is no magic anywhere and not even in ET, so it must be in one of your configs or settings :)

Your name is in the cvar called 'name', and this can be set: (if I am not forgetting anything)

- from the command line (if you start et with some software or icon that adds a +set name something)

- from etmain etconfig.cfg

- from the mod you play (etconfig.cfg in that folder)

- from other configs that can be run via etmain autoexec.cfg or mod autoexec.cfg

(and also from the menu, but in that case it still goes to the cvar and then etconfig)

if you don't have any /seta name something in there, then it's impossible

since you have FA when you connect but then you have another name, it must be in etmain config because that one is read when you open ET, then after you connect to a server with a mod, the mod config is loaded.