What about Punk?

Secret

I remember seeing Deez Nuts at the Impericon Festival in Amsterdam this year, they are hardcore punk.

I don't know if you like them, there's a big chance you don't enjoy their music haha. I have to say, I was glad that they played this song too at the festival,

I always find it great when bands let their crowd sing. (:

• Like 2

Here's a start: Stay away from anything after 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTfyUqVqX-0

Not true dude. There are still some no names trying to keep the scene alive. Punk/Ska band The Interrupters chills with Tim Armstrong from Rancid. The Biting Elbows are a russian hardrock/punk band that kicks ass. The Hives while a little on the pop side were pretty badass coming into the 2000's. It's still there, but it's just a bit of extra work to find the diamonds in the rough.

Punk won't stay dead. ;)

• Like 2

Not true dude. There are still some no names trying to keep the scene alive. Punk/Ska band The Interrupters chills with Tim Armstrong from Rancid. The Biting Elbows are a russian hardrock/punk band that kicks ass. The Hives while a little on the pop side were pretty badass coming into the 2000's. It's still there, but it's just a bit of extra work to find the diamonds in the rough.

Punk won't stay dead. ;)

There is definitely good stuff out there. I just want to make sure he has a good foundation, ha. It's hard to navigate today's wispy hair pop punk nowadays. 

IDK if I'd say The Hives were punk. I'd probably group them in with early Arctic Monkeys, Jet, early Strokes, White Stripes, etc. I think it was more just a garage rock revival. 

To be fair, some post 1999 punk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKRtJtrNlOU

• Like 2

Core parts of music styles never die....just influenced as time goes..long as the world and life is as f*ucked up as it is people will be inspired to find outlets.. if the world goes total electronica.I'll kill myself X D

• Like 2

Some of the typical groups I was expecting to see listed here. And a few I had never hear of before, but listened and wasn't bad. Can certainly see the ages of people, as Punk evolved through the decades.

One group I was surprised wasn't listed. And it might just be showing my age .... You ask most true Punk acts and they will tell you that the VERY FIRST Punk band was The Animals.

Their music was so different than what was considered mainstream at the time, it can only be described as the birth of Punk.

• Like 3