ET Server Suggestion NQ #1 Map Suggestions

daredevil

Since the rotation is done (at least looks that way) can we maybe test it this/next week?
See how ppl feel after it ran for a few days, we can always go back to the current voting system

2 minutes ago, BLAAT said:

Since the rotation is done (at least looks that way) can we maybe test it this/next week?
See how ppl feel after it ran for a few days, we can always go back to the current voting system

Also most of the maps needs a balance in their mapscripts like lowered DJ talking about popular etpro maps(adlernest,bremen,supply etc) and their edited versions, its really annoying if you playing and you see that half or allies team jumping over the wall(supply example) and camping with flamers or bazzoka at axis spawn only waiting when axis is starting to shoot(losing spawn shield) and boom you dead but you respawned like 2-3 seconds earlier. 

Old-Owl is expert in rotation map system + he can modify mapscripts for balancing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobekk said:

So lets play only Italy,Goldrush in 3 version,Supply,Marakech,Oasis all of the time there will be no problem. So im +100 for rotation system to not play goldrush for 3 times in 1 hour. If rotation will not work they allways can comeback to map voting system,tell me how much time you playing here to don't get bored playing the same maps all of the time?? 

Not sure if it was deleted previously so - I am playing ET for about 20 years +  

53 minutes ago, Old Owl said:

Of course a new map is more difficulty for someone that never know tricks and good spots of this map.

I am sure that after a bit of time, the most players will like some of the new maps, otherwise never played with voting system.

Saying that - I am very confident to say that most of players are playing after work etc. And when I am tired from work (or even now) then form of relax is just playing known maps. My case. Voting system shows one thing. What MAJORITY of voters wants. Simple. Now adding "I hate double jump over here and over there (didn't see anybody complaining about it since that >A< or whatever clan it is member came in recently), I don't like too many heavy weapons over here and over there, I don't like spawn killing" etc.  Jesus you're not Vox populi. Majority is ok with that, get over it maybe?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ford (Cz) said:

Not sure if it was deleted previously so - I am playing ET for about 20 years +  

So if you playing about 20+ years(You had to add RTCW times i think.Because ET is from 2003) anyway my point is if you playing so long this game so from this 31 map which old-owl listed you already had to play most of them. So atleast we could try it for week then can decide about rotation stay or we return to map voting for me its simple. But if you want to play 5-6 maps only , play it i don't care.

@edit

@Ford (Cz) It's not about i hate double jump, spawnkilling. It's about balancing a gameplay. What is fun on some maps example sp_delivery_te which is played often when allies cap flag after 15 seconds with DJ ? Radar today DJ enabled + no antirush = 7 minutes(even allies didn't destroyed gate all through cp). Making some adjustments will make few maps better to play , harder to win. It's also about how you want to play just to shoot some people or have some fun and rivalry when you playing for obj ? 

Edited by Punitron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobekk said:

So if you playing about 20+ years(You had to add RTCW times i think.Because ET is from 2003) anyway my point is if you playing so long this game so from this 31 map which old-owl listed you already had to play most of them. So atleast we could try it for week then can decide about rotation stay or we return to map voting for me its simple. But if you want to play 5-6 maps only , play it i don't care.

It was changed couple of times as long as I remember and it came back to vote again and again. Played ET before 1999 when I went for national service. Don't know previous names or whatever, never cared about it. So remember playing maps like radar, rail  etc. for a while. 

Dear Ford, I am sorry to read that you can't play when not tired of work, but maybe not everyone is tired as you do. Not the MAJORITY of the players is tired I must say.

Some players are really awake and ready to frag as more they can do, this or that map doesn't matter.

The fact that voting system is based on the most votes for that map, it is obvious.  Your opinion is clear enough and for that I am glad to read it, but nothing else.

I'm only sorrow that you brought as argument "whatever clan" that is "vox populi". It is out of context and unnecessary comment.

Last side note, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory was released as free game in the 2004, was impossible for you to play it in the 1999. Maybe was Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but that also was released in date 2001. Maybe you played it? The maps were interesting too, Beach was the most famous, played over and over.

Hopefully we can read more contructive comments in this nice topic? 😄

Guys, please keep this topic about map suggestions only. This means the addition or removal of maps only. If you want to talk about the faults of a map or something that should be implemented into certain maps or a server, search for a more relevant topic and comment there or start a new one if no such topic exists. 

PS. We all want whats best for the servers we enjoy playing on so lets work together rather than against each other. People have different views and opinions so take that into consideration before responding. 

Any further replies that aren't related to the theme of the topic which I repeat is to just talk about the addition/removal of maps, it will be hidden. I encourage that you take these debates into another more relevant topic.

Thanks for understanding guys! 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

About maps: I would love to see old baserace or even that other baserace version. Some easy map just for shooting. 

Edited by CheepHeep
removed drama part - solve your issues in PM thanks.

Since we have a great increase in players, could -|FG|- Warzone be added for the larger player counts (25+ or something)

Maybe with the timefix script to limit the map duration?

since the topic is back on track, my suggestions:

Goldrush Official -> Baserace desert  

Goldrush GALS final -> Capuzzo Final

Password 2 1.2  -> Venice

• Like 3
  • 100 1

2 minutes ago, Old Owl said:

Thanks guys, you are listing all the maps I've posted already in my list 😄. Love you 💕

it's not our fault that @daredevil requaries links for all suggested maps lol :crazy