ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

top from jay3 more Positive than negative are;

not in any particular order..

Sos Secret Weapon

SW El Kef

Braundorf

SupplyDepot

Bremen FA or original

Teuthonia

Adlernest

Pirates

Capuzzo

Snatch3

Sp Delivery

Supply Pro

Goldrush-gals

MLB carnage

oasis_EU

Frostbite

I keep most of these in rotation with a diff map every 3 or 4 maps

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow morning I'll add Capuzzo and Pirates to the rotation. I'll add madbunker outside of the rotation so it can be voted in like Purefrag. Then I'll test that Gauntlet map and see if it'll work on the server.

Sorry I've not been on top of this stuff lately, I've had far too much to deal with outside of the clan.

• Thanks 7

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, dasp said:

Can we take axis lab from the map rotation, I think I talk for many admins and regulars that don't like that map.

+1 agree got a lot of negative feedback/ votes. Maybe it could be replaced for Venice or Special Delivery :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AG Pike1 said:

+1 agree got a lot of negative feedback/ votes. Maybe it could be replaced for Venice or Special Delivery :)

Venice would be nice. I think we already have Special Delivery, if I am not mistaken.

• Like 2

if we could just some how fix the vote nextmap thingy it be nice we try to vote a map we want to play and it denies it everytime.

https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760160&section=mappool

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

if we could just some how fix the vote nextmap thingy it be nice we try to vote a map we want to play and it denies it everytime.

https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760160&section=mappool

That would be great, or make it like the silent servers, vote before the game starts. Almost everybody would be happy.

• Like 1

Just now, dasp said:

That would be great, or make it like the silent servers, vote before the game starts. Almost everybody would be happy.

nah just fix it so we can vote one in theres 2 campaigns on jay2 if u go to vote option in menu u can vote a campaign or a map ud like. but its broken. even when everyone on votes yes it still denies it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AG Pike1 said:

The reason why the Venice map was removed was because it had a lot of negative votes, and if it is added again the same thing may happen.

But, another chance is not bad :)

• Like 3
  • 100 2

i think overall jay2 has great maps..

very friendly players .. overall great atmosphere for some et!.

el! does a wonderful job on the maps and settings..

i would like to remind everyone that we have several servers with diff settings and maps... 

an maps will never plz everyone.

id also hate to see all the servers running exactly the same  maps ...

i would really like to see if we could fix the issue with voting a map or voting to switch campaigns.

didnt mean to sound like a nay sayer but had to get that out.lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

New rotation, sorry for the delay.

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
oasis_eu, 0, 64,
beerrun_b7a, 0, 52,
et_beach, 0, 52,
bremen_final, 0, 42,
adlernest, 0, 36,
caen2, 0, 52,
goldrush-gals, 0, 64,
bba0-beta2, 12, 64,
bergen, 0, 52,
warbell, 0, 52,
tankbuster, 8, 52,
school, 0, 36,
praetoria_m2, 14, 64,
tc_base, 0, 52,
italyfp2, 0, 52,
haunted_mansion, 8, 52,
frostbite, 0, 36,
teuthonia_final, 0, 64,
password2, 8, 52,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
braundorf_final, 0, 36,
pirates, 0, 40,
purefrag, 8, 40,

A couple days ago I went through some maps with @D..X to see what could be added back to the server and what should be removed. I've added quite a lot of new maps but I'm not as active on the server as I used to be, so please keep an eye on the warm up scores and if one of them drops below -5 just shout at me to remove it, either on the server or on Discord. I've missed a lot recently 😛.

Removed:

• Library
  • Capuzzo
  • Axis Lab
  • Rochelle
  • El Kef
  • Raid
  • Decay

Purefrag has been added back to the rotation as @captnconcrete mentioned the vote system isn't working properly and a couple of people have requested it. We'll see how it does.

The warmup scores for all maps should HOPEFULLY be reset now, I will be keeping an eye on it to check.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, dasp said:

Jaymod doesn't have this feature unfortunately. All we can do is map rotations.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:25 PM, captnconcrete said:

nah just fix it so we can vote one in theres 2 campaigns on jay2 if u go to vote option in menu u can vote a campaign or a map ud like. but its broken. even when everyone on votes yes it still denies it.

Those are stock campaigns and I don't think they're supposed to be on the vote menu. There's only one map cycle for Jay2 at the moment and that's the one I've just updated ;). I'm thinking the reason Purefrag couldn't be voted in was because it's not on the map cycle and so the server just doesn't want to load it? It's been in the etmain folder for a long time now and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be able to be voted in. Maybe @daredevil knows? I've left mad bunker in there too so see if you can vote that in Cap?

On 3/15/2020 at 11:48 PM, Jiren said:

The reason why the Venice map was removed was because it had a lot of negative votes, and if it is added again the same thing may happen.

Next map that gets removed, I'll replace it with Venice. You're right, another chance isn't bad.

Please keep this topic active, I'd like to see more discussion/criticism about the maps so I know what needs removing and adding :). If you think a map would be better with a different minimum/maximum number of players then feel free to share that too, I'm not brilliant at that stuff and am open to suggestions 😛. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ElEl said:

New rotation, sorry for the delay.

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
oasis_eu, 0, 64,
beerrun_b7a, 0, 52,
et_beach, 0, 52,
bremen_final, 0, 42,
adlernest, 0, 36,
caen2, 0, 52,
goldrush-gals, 0, 64,
bba0-beta2, 12, 64,
bergen, 0, 52,
warbell, 0, 52,
tankbuster, 8, 52,
school, 0, 36,
praetoria_m2, 14, 64,
tc_base, 0, 52,
italyfp2, 0, 52,
haunted_mansion, 8, 52,
frostbite, 0, 36,
teuthonia_final, 0, 64,
password2, 8, 52,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
braundorf_final, 0, 36,
pirates, 0, 40,
purefrag, 8, 40,

A couple days ago I went through some maps with @D..X to see what could be added back to the server and what should be removed. I've added quite a lot of new maps but I'm not as active on the server as I used to be, so please keep an eye on the warm up scores and if one of them drops below -5 just shout at me to remove it, either on the server or on Discord. I've missed a lot recently 😛.

Removed:

• Library
  • Capuzzo
  • Axis Lab
  • Rochelle
  • El Kef
  • Raid
  • Decay

Purefrag has been added back to the rotation as @captnconcrete mentioned the vote system isn't working properly and a couple of people have requested it. We'll see how it does.

Not trying to be a jerk @ElEl, but do you rely on the scores of the maps before you remove them?

• Rochelle
  • El Kef
  • Raid

If I am not mistaken, this 3 had good scores.

Purefrag is a great map to practice aim, and it's fun. Thanks for that map.

In my opinion some of the maps that were added will not be popular, Ex: beerrun, tankbuster. Maybe I am wrong, I guess that's why we have the up and down system in place :)

If I understood correctly, you saying that the vote system works if you choose the map? Only doesn't work if you choose "vote for nextmap"?

Thanks for the work.

Edited by dasp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dasp said:

Not trying to be a jerk @ElEl, but do you rely on the scores of the maps before you remove them?

• Rochelle
  • El Kef
  • Raid

Yep I rely on the scores but also what people say about the map and what I notice on the server. 

For Rochelle, I've seen complaints about the map and have noticed people leave. Barnie has also sent me a PM on Discord saying it needs removing.

D..X mentioned people leaving when El Kef comes on and I remember the other version had a really high negative score a while back.

Raid causes a lot of issues with FPS lag when the truck gets to outside the library.

I usually leave a reason when I take maps off but I was far too exhausted when I did the last rotation to do that 😛.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3