ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

Got a few new map requests so gonna test them out for a week or two and take them out if needed. Halloween rotation will go up around the 1st of October or a couple days after unless people would like it a bit later?

Rotation:

rochelle_b2, 0, 44,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
braundorf_final, 0, 36,
fueldump_revenge, 0, 64,
low_airstrip2, 0, 40,
bremen_final, 0, 42,
adlernest, 0, 36,
supplydepot2, 0, 64,
1944_beach, 0, 40,
townsquare_final, 0, 52,
praetoria_m2, 0, 64,
sw_goldrush_te, 0, 40,
italyfp2, 0, 52,
codename_lachs, 0, 52,
et_beach, 0, 52,
frostbite, 0, 36,
ga_el_kef, 0, 40,
warbell, 0, 52,
school, 0 ,32,
raid_final, 0, 32,
baserace, 0, 40,
flame-guards, 0, 64,
breakout2, 0, 52,
sos_secret_weapon, 0, 52,
axislab_final, 0, 40,
chariot, 0, 52,
caen2, 0, 40,
tankbuster, 0, 52,

Changes

Out:

arta - been hovering around 0 for quite a while, probably more suited for Jay1.

bloody_omaha_b2 - is currently at -2 and Barnie has said he gets FPS issues.

radar_summer - needs antirush and sitting at -5.

marketgarden_et_r2 - think people found it a bit confusing and some just didn't like the both teams attacking thing. -5

mlb_starbase - another map that needed antirush, not sure why else people didn't like it but I thought it was a good map 😛 -11

rtcw_depot2 - needs antirush, map can be finished in a minute. -9

In:

1944 Beach

Caen2

GA El Kef

Low_airstrip2

Tankbuster

Townsquare_final

Updated:Chariot 1.0.1 to Chariot 1.2.0 - hopefully this fixes Barnie's FPS issues on this map too.

Goldrush GALS to SW_Goldrush_TE - Requested change. Was gonna replace this with F|A Goldrush but it doesn't have bots on the test server so I don't think it'll have bots on Jay2. Unable to check at the moment. Will swap back for Goldrush GALS if people don't like this version.

Baserace to Baserace2_b1 - As said in above posts, gonna try this out for a bit as people were getting bored of the old version. Regular Baserace is now back in rotation after finding a bug that removed construction pads.

Please make sure you guys vote during warmup, some of these maps only had 8-10 votes total.

I'm always looking for map requests too, just let me know what you'd like to see on the server and I'll see if I can get the maps on.

Have fun.

Edited by ElEl
Baserace
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • 100 1

Hi would like to report some weird shenanigans on the baserace 2 map. Axis base was complete no more touchpads ten minutes later allies win...unless there is a hidden one it made no sense to me at all :)

Okay after a few tries I finally replicated the issue you saw. It looks like something causes the Axis upgrade pads to disappear but I only got it to happen with 25 bots on the server and 3 map restarts so I'm not sure what's causing it. I'll have to remove the map cause it'll be pretty annoying to see again.

Map has now been replaced.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Edited by ElEl
  • Like 3

For readers unfamiliar with mapping, most objectives in a map function with an entity called trigger_objective_info or, TOI for short. Most objectives that show up on the command map involve a TOI entity. Some objectives require a TOI to function , others do not. Unfortunately, each construction does require its own TOI, as does each CTF flag location (a.k.a., each location of a box of construction materials). There is a limit of 18 TOI entities per map, and each construction can have a maximum of 3 stages. This is the limit that comes with using the previous system.

• Like 1

Looks like @captnconcrete doesn't give up on that Baserace version 😊

I try to vote as soon as a "new map" shows up but I have the feeling that my first vote is considered as "multiple votes" so is "ignored".

Figment of the imagination I guess 😐

On a side note, many people dont take time to learn what needs to be done for these new maps. So they don't know what to do and sadly will give a negative vote next time these maps show up 😭

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 5:48 PM, Letdown said:

Looks like @captnconcrete doesn't give up on that Baserace version 😊

I try to vote as soon as a "new map" shows up but I have the feeling that my first vote is considered as "multiple votes" so is "ignored".

Figment of the imagination I guess 😐

On a side note, many people dont take time to learn what needs to be done for these new maps. So they don't know what to do and sadly will give a negative vote next time these maps show up 😭

give ing up isnt in my blood mate.lolol just tryin to be helpful.  yea when i vote it says some bs like that also .. ive been getting harassed a bit on jay2 by regulars asking me to next map when i say i cant they like u guys need admins that can do stuff.lol  i tell em well i can bann u lol

correct me if i am wrong.. but isnt it a no no to nextmap with bots doesnt it f em up.an to many nextmaps can crash server .. i used to do it alot on b1 but that was before the bots .

• Like 2

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, DrSpreadem said:

Why worry about the map rotation? i'd be more concerned about player population first then maybe maps???

If maps are not good players wouldn't stay. What we are trying to do is build player base first based on good maps which majority can enjoy. Their will be always few players who would cry/moan for everything. 

• 100 1

44 minutes ago, daredevil said:

If maps are not good players wouldn't stay. What we are trying to do is build player base first based on good maps which majority can enjoy. Their will be always few players who would cry/moan for everything. 

DD you say a few players when i only see 4v4 complaining the maps need to meet the players needs , from my point view its a shame jay2 and jay3 are so quiet some maps are so big with bots etc is all im saying, not alot of player will vote up and down bc u dont have them to begin with

• Like 3

• Administrators

@DrSpreadem I think that's what @ElEl is working one. He removed big maps first so it's always small to medium maps available. If you know any maps which are big, please share because obvious 4 vs 4 will get pissed when they have to hunt on big maps!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daredevil said:

@DrSpreadem I think that's what @ElEl is working one. He removed big maps first so it's always small to medium maps available. If you know any maps which are big, please share because obvious 4 vs 4 will get pissed when they have to hunt on big maps!

i love the maps but u know aswell as i do bawts aim right at u making it now fun

• Like 1

Yeah I really wish Jay2 was a lot more popular but I'm not sure what we could do to get more people quickly. As DD said, from now on there won't be any new 'big' maps cause the server just doesn't get enough people to support huge, open areas. I think stuff like Flameguards is fine since it's fairly linear but anything big and open like Chariot isn't realistic to have on the server. It's a shame cause I really liked that map but it'll be gone in October.

Speaking of October, I've got plans to have seasonal rotations which hopefully could attract more players. I've already got a ton of ideas for Halloween maps and winter maps but as always, I'm open to suggestions. If people recommend maps on here or the server, I stick them on the test server to check for bugs and waypoints, then see how they do on Jay2. There's some really good maps I've been saving for the Halloween rotation that I'm looking forward to playing on the server :).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1