ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

21 hours ago, DFighter said:

minas, caen bba castle, uje00, ruins23, mlb daybreak, hydro dam, baserace 50/50 maps, warbell, sands of time, kerkya mlb egypt bridges, industry 2, mlb hotchkiss helmsdeep
railgun, uje the ghetto

Minas would never work on Jay2

Caen's already on the server

BBA castle was removed for some reason, maybe it wasn't well received?

Uje00 is really buggy from what I remember

Ruins23 is also buggy and a little too big for the amount of players we get on jay2

MLB daybreak, again too big

Hydro dam isn't even that popular on Jay1 is it?

We should already have Baserace in the rotation but it's not showing up for some reason

Warbell's already on the server too

Sands of time is a decent map in my opinion but I don't think many people enjoy it

Kerkyra is also on the server

Egypt is again, too big

Bridges, isn't this that huge sniper map we had on Jay1 not too long ago? I think it's the one with the train going over a frozen river

Industry 2 I don't remember this one, will test tomorrow and see what it's like

Hotchkiss is the one where you destroy the wall with dynamite you pick up isn't it? I never really enjoyed this one but maybe others do

Uje the ghetto and helmsdeep, I'll have to test these too as they're not ringing any bells

I don't think railgun is that enjoyable to be honest

The max number of players we get is around 10v10 but that's only when Jay1 is full so we're usually sitting around 4-6 players per team, a lot of big maps just will not work.

Chicken bucket I've not played in years so would be fun to play it again with people, maybe it wouldn't hurt to add one new map to the rotation instead of replacing another.

Would it be better to swap out radar for ET Ice instead? I saw a lot of complaints for radar summer on the Jay3 topic shortly after I made that new rotation post.

With Halloween coming up Axis Lab and Haunted Mansion are pretty good shouts. How about instead of swapping Raiders with MLB Carnage, we swap it for Haunted Mansion and also add Axis Lab to the rotation? (Now it's 2 maps added without replacements :p) I'll make these changes to that pastebin I made in my last post when I'm at my computer so everyone can see what the rotation would look like and give feedback. I'll also test those 3 maps and edit this when I'm done.

Edited by ElEl
  • 100 1

8 hours ago, ElEl said:

Minas would never work on Jay2

Caen's already on the server

BBA castle was removed for some reason, maybe it wasn't well received?

Uje00 is really buggy from what I remember

Ruins23 is also buggy and a little too big for the amount of players we get on jay2

MLB daybreak, again too big

Hydro dam isn't even that popular on Jay1 is it?

We should already have Baserace in the rotation but it's not showing up for some reason

Warbell's already on the server too

Sands of time is a decent map in my opinion but I don't think many people enjoy it

Kerkyra is also on the server

Egypt is again, too big

Bridges, isn't this that huge sniper map we had on Jay1 not too long ago? I think it's the one with the train going over a frozen river

Industry 2 I don't remember this one, will test tomorrow and see what it's like

Hotchkiss is the one where you destroy the wall with dynamite you pick up isn't it? I never really enjoyed this one but maybe others do

Uje the ghetto and helmsdeep, I'll have to test these too as they're not ringing any bells

I don't think railgun is that enjoyable to be honest

The max number of players we get is around 10v10 but that's only when Jay1 is full so we're usually sitting around 4-6 players per team, a lot of big maps just will not work.

Chicken bucket I've not played in years so would be fun to play it again with people, maybe it wouldn't hurt to add one new map to the rotation instead of replacing another.

Wood it be better to swap out radar for ET Ice instead? I saw a lot of complaints for radar summer on the Jay3 topic shortly after I made that new rotation post.

With Halloween coming up Axis Lab and Haunted Mansion are pretty good shouts. How about instead of swapping Raiders with MLB Carnage, we swap it for Haunted Mansion and also add Axis Lab to the rotation? (Now it's 2 maps added without replacements :p) I'll make these changes to that pastebin I made in my last post when I'm at my computer so everyone can see what the rotation would look like and give feedback. I'll also test those 3 maps and edit this when I'm done.

it would have saved you a lot of time to simply have pick the suggestions you like instead of mentioning every issue to every map
again im not a jay2 player i wont suggest any maps to add. i readed from cptn that jay2 have hardly axis attacks maps 
therefor i mentioned these maps these were some axis attack maps i remember and perhaps some of the jay2 players would like any of them
to have a better balance with allies / axis attack maps

3 hours ago, DFighter said:

it would have saved you a lot of time to simply have pick the suggestions you like instead of mentioning every issue to every map

I was awake since 4am with no wi-fi (had to use 4G) so I had nothing better to do, besides isn't feedback for everything better?

Ideally we'd alternate between Axis attack and Allied attack but there's just not that many Axis attacking maps, let alone ones that are suitable for the number of players we have.

Anyway, here's what the rotation I made would look like with the new map changes: https://pastebin.com/CrQT0LLp

Personally I liked the other one better but it's not up to me 😛

Radar -> ET_Ice

El Kef -> Missile b4

Fueldump -> Wolfsrudel Final

Rommel -> X-Posed

Temple -> The Port b1

V2 Base -> Flame Guards with this time fix that Buckwild made. I think the issue with this map before was that it was too long so hopefully this fixes it.

Eagles 2 Ways -> Praetoria Mission 2

Raiders -> Haunted_Mansion

+ Axislab_Final

+ Bucket_V2

These links are for direct downloads.

More feedback please 😛

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Letdown said:

Looking good :)

For flame guards, wouldn' t it be better to put 12 (for instance) instead of 0?

Eager to play.

I'm not so sure, when the server was empty playing against bots was still fun. From what I remember, it's not a huge map cause it's fairly linear so it's still playable at like 4v4. Plus I'm biased cause I love the map and want to play it whenever I can so having it at 0 makes it appear every rotation 😛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALEJANDRO-ARG- said:

Nice rotation, will be nice! but I think we need more Halloween maps! 👻

Ya, got any suggestions? 😛 I'm a bit worried that if we add too many it might be a while before we get a new rotation so we could be stuck with them for a bit.

32 minutes ago, ElEl said:

Ya, got any suggestions? 😛 I'm a bit worried that if we add too many it might be a while before we get a new rotation so we could be stuck with them for a bit.

Maybe Nightmare 🤔

3 hours ago, ElEl said:

El Kef -> Missile b4

I'm obviously not a Jay2 player, but I'd recommend missile_b3 over missile_b4. The beta4 version has some serious balance issues on the last stage that make it almost impossible to win. Beta3 is still difficult on the last stage, but it's at least possible without an insanely-stacked team.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, Mufasa said:

I'm obviously not a Jay2 player, but I'd recommend missile_b3 over missile_b4. The beta4 version has some serious balance issues on the last stage that make it almost impossible to win. Beta3 is still difficult on the last stage, but it's at least possible without an insanely-stacked team.

Thank you for that. I just uploaded b4. Will replace with b3. In the process of updating jay2 map list. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mufasa said:

I did test both b3 and b4, the only difference I can remember was that the truck is further away from the last objective (I think it got moved into a tunnel on b4?). I thought it was far too close in b3 personally cause we have adrenaline on this server and it takes 2 seconds to get to the truck with it. I did test this by myself though so I'm not 100% sure how it would work on the server but I did think it was far too easy at the time. I'm not at my PC at the moment so I can't confirm it and could be wrong, this is just what I remember.