ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• Platinum VIP

I like the Christmas factory map. It's hard to get through the first stage, true, but if you do. it becomes a really good frag map

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Amplify said:

I make a suggestion on 4 maps that's that are unpopular and unbalanced for 20+ vs 20+ out of 32 maps and that's your response? Are you 12?

you whine about everything the moment you enter the server maps admins or teammates like a 12 y old perhaps we could play together in the sand
xmas maps are only for a short period unlike you other people do like and appriciate it and even if some don't they have atleast some decency and understand its just for a short period and spawntime is adjusted in factory making the map a lot more fair to axis

46 minutes ago, DFighter said:

you whine about everything the moment you enter the server maps admins or teammates like a 12 y old perhaps we could play together in the sand
xmas maps are only for a short period unlike you other people do like and appriciate it and even if some don't they have atleast some decency and understand its just for a short period and spawntime is adjusted in factory making the map a lot more fair to axis

This thread is called jay1 map rotation suggestions . My post was 4 map suggestions. This isn't the place to launch personal insults. If you would like to discuss personal problems between us I'm more than happy to make a thread in the relevant section. This is something an "Experienced Admin" shouldn't need to be told so I'll refer you to my above question of are you 12?

This thread is public , so surely everyone is welcome to post their suggestion regarding map/s.  We all have difference choices  , no doubt. But it will be very nice of all of you if we respect each others opinion and welcome them . 

I have hid some post , hope it won't hurt anybody's internet ego. 

Have a nice day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
On 11/30/2018 at 9:12 PM, Amplify said:

Can we dump uje_xmas_factory, saber, and airass?

uje_xmas_factory is a shitshow for axis with so many players. Every 5 feet is a new choke point that axis get slaughtered at. Only time I've seen axis win is with a massive [dd] stack and that was a close game.

On saber unless allies are stacked axis only lose when they get so bored no one can be bothered to defend.

And airass is bad all around it's called airass.

airass - has been removed. 

uje_xmas_factory - If you had seen only one time axis win - then either you have played that map once or your math's is incorrect. This is what my stats tell me - So unless you can prove me other wise, I am going to believe in my stats. 

image.png

saberpeak -  U said axis only loose.  I see axis win 21 times.  Please don't tell me bogus stats to push anything. Come with correct issue and we can work it out. In fact allies only won 13 times. 

image.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
35 minutes ago, daredevil said:

uje_xmas_factory - If you had seen only one time axis win - then either you have played that map once or your math's is incorrect. This is what my stats tell me - So unless you can prove me other wise, I am going to believe in my stats. 

image.png

saberpeak -  U said axis only loose.  I see axis win 21 times.  Please don't tell me bogus stats to push anything. Come with correct issue and we can work it out. In fact allies only won 13 times. 

image.png

Do you have data of the average amount of players during each time the map was played? Saberpeak and factory are both maps that can fit a lot of people but the obj becomes near impossible when the server is actually full

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Do you have data of the average amount of players during each time the map was played? Saberpeak and factory are both maps that can fit a lot of people but the obj becomes near impossible when the server is actually full

Too much work required and data size will be huge...  to sample every 5 mins. We store the player count at the end of the map. Player count we can factor in once we have more data on the map.  My goal for now is to create mapcycle - 30 maps - 4-5 cycle and rotate then every 3-7 days so players can never get bored. That would be 150 descent maps but off course we don't have that many good maps so maps will be repeated in each rotation.

• Like 1

only first stage and last stage of the uje factory xmas map is bad. If full server it takes axis quite a while to get through first stage. After that first stage, axis can easily win by not capping the last spawnpoint (the hut), to bypass the allies. This is not a glitch or bug.

But it can turn quite fast into a tedious map if axis doesn't get through first stage. Played it a few times with full server, took us (axis) 20 minutes to get the tank...

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Too much work required and data size will be huge...  to sample every 5 mins. We store the player count at the end of the map. Player count we can factor in once we have more data on the map.  My goal for now is to create mapcycle - 30 maps - 4-5 cycle and rotate then every 3-7 days so players can never get bored. That would be 150 descent maps but off course we don't have that many good maps so maps will be repeated in each rotation.

player count at the end of the map should be enough data to make an estimation. Factory is currently set on [0, 64] and for every map the rule applies that playing it 12v12 is strictly different from playing 25v25. If you think it's too much effort to use a Pearson correlation on a time variable then you can just define a period for peak hours and for off hours and use a simple ANOVA to get a rough estimation although times around the border of the two groups would be poorly interpreted that way :^)

I would gladly work on map statistics for you, I actually think its a rather enjoyable hobby.

I would personally not support the idea of a rotating map pool on jay1 because as you say the options aren't very broad on a 50 player server. Of course, as you also mention, you could repeat a certain amount of maps in each rotation but I would argue what purpose it serves at that point, I'm sure you realize this yourself. If your force yourself to stay diverse you will only force poor map pools upon your regulars.

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

For the map cycle i find its good even if as you say ,there are not many good maps .this site provides lots of good maps .

these are maps ET.

http://activegamer.net/et/maps/

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

would personally not support the idea of a rotating map pool on jay1 because as you say the options aren't very broad on a 50 player server. Of course, as you also mention, you could repeat a certain amount of maps in each rotation but I would argue what purpose it serves at that point, I'm sure you realize this yourself. If your force yourself to stay diverse you will only force poor map pools upon your regulars.

No people get bored playing same map and even good map gets hated because it has been played long enough. Rotation would stop developing hate against the good maps. :)

PS We will only keep good maps.  Ex - Minas has been asked for many times before and soon people get bored in 7 days. So removing minas after 7 days and adding it back on 4th week makes sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daredevil said:

image.png

image.png

I think you misread my take on saberpeak. Saber and factory suffer from similar issues. The maps lean  heavily to one side. In the case of saber allies have to push through open terrain and then pass through the axis spawn to get to the objective. This is incredibly difficult given the number of players and respawn times. Unless allies get stacked, defending the sub as axis gets boring very fast so axis push out from the sub to get kills giving allies a chance to win. I didn't mean axis lose every time, I meant axis generally ONLY lose once they get bored of defending.

Factorys gotten better as people learn the objectives however from what I've seen it still needs an axis stack for them to really have a chance. I don't know if you've gotten a chance to play it as axis with the server full but it's easier to understand the problems with it once you've been massacred for 30 minutes.

And thank you for removing airfield.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Amplify said:

I think you misread my take on saberpeak. Saber and factory suffer from similar issues. The maps lean  heavily to one side. In the case of saber allies have to push through open terrain and then pass through the axis spawn to get to the objective. This is incredibly difficult given the number of players and respawn times. Unless allies get stacked, defending the sub as axis gets boring very fast so axis push out from the sub to get kills giving allies a chance to win. I didn't mean axis lose every time, I meant axis generally ONLY lose once they get bored of defending.

Factorys gotten better as people learn the objectives however from what I've seen it still needs an axis stack for them to really have a chance. I don't know if you've gotten a chance to play it as axis with the server full but it's easier to understand the problems with it once you've been massacred for 30 minutes.

And thank you for removing airfield.

You message without "," conveyed the message other wise. I already have applied the fix for spawn for saber peak. On saber peak, allies have lower spawn time now. Both axis and allies are on 8 vs 8. 

We will see if changing spawn times can be achieved with higher player count. Ex - 6 vs 6 when players are less then 26, 8 vs 8 when players are 38 and 12 vs 12 when 45 players playing. This way even with higher player count, it would give enough room to complete the obj.

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION