ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• Administrators

If i remember correctly, Dare mentioned at past that baserace had some issues with lags when the number of players were higher, correct me if im wrong Dare :P

I assume thats the reason he kept the map being in rotation at such low player base to not cause any kind of annoyance between players if the lag would occur.

Lag + Entity overflow. I could push baserace max to 30 but that's being it. That map has serious entity issues which causes all players to crash randomly. The reason i kept 20 min is cos if it's 10 vs 10 it's fun. No fun playing baserace 6 vs 6. 

My fav  map list : 

1 ) Glider Assault  - Laggy map. Can only handle 24 players.. if it goes more, players start having issue.

2 )  Transmitter Final - I believe it also has map issue but could use that map up to 32 players. 

3 ) Snatch - Worse then oasis in terms of balance game play. It's SK map.

4 ) City Contest - link to this one?

My answers after "-"

• Like 1

I have a few suggestions, too.

So, most of these maps are not playable anyway, because of the spawntime but I don't want to discuss it. See my other topic about it.

Not mentioned maps are fine in my opinion.

PART I (Review of the current cycle)

Oasis

My most favourite map of ET, I love it. But honestly it is unplayable with so many ppl because of the few exits you have.

Don't remove it but 0, 36 seems fine to me.

Supplydepot

Also not playable when too many ppl online. 0, 36 is fine.

mlb_temple

I think you can remove the restrictions and make it a 0, 64.

The first part of the map is open (open air) anyway, and the last part has enough room for all players.

bba0-beta2

I think this map is called Castle. Very fun map, BUT I think it has sth like 25 mins of playtime. WAAY too much.

It gets quickly boring. Reduce the time of it to 12 mins.

Bremen

Why 0, 36? It is an open map. 25 vs 25 should work too, not much different than a 18 vs 18.

Adlernest

0, 34 is too low in my opinion because you have antirush mod anyway. 0, 40 should also be fine (or maybe more, need to test it).

Fueldump

A bit laggy, and also not enjoyable with many ppl online. All Allies guys camp before the wall, and Axis in the Fueldump area.

Should be a 0, 36.

Beerrun

Why is it only a 12, 30? Even sp_delivery has a 0, 38.

I think it should be also a 0, 38 at least.

Saberpeak

Please, please remove this map. When this map starts, mostly people leave the game. But not just that, this map is laggy, it is bright/colorful as hell (it hurts the eyes) and it ist just fun for wannabe snipers.

I played soo many times as Allied engie in this map, usually I get to plant 3-5 times. No help, no teamplay, rarely 3-4 doing obj.

First part of the map is just sniping. That part is quickly over. Then, after the door is blown up, no way you can win this map. The Axis spawn is exactly before the obj, so you can't go through the ground to the submarine (thanks low spawntimes). You must do the trickjump (or the nadejump) to go from top. But they are always some ppl waiting there. This map is the most frustrating of all maps. It just sucks, nobody likes this map anyway.

• Like 2

PART II (Maps I would like to see)

First of all, please change the current cycle. It does not have depth at all. I keep playing all the same maps over and over.
So I tried to list some maps to add depth to the cycle and also some good ones could replace other maps from the current cycle.
All listed maps are maps which I would like to see, but I still have a personal taste and based on that I will rate the maps with points (1-10). So you can see which ones I would see rather than others, but actually I would like to see all of them.

(Sorry for the auto-embed of youtube videos, don't know how to disable this function)

Tramfight (5/10)

I think you all should know this one.

Karsiah (6/10)

Should be fine for 0, 36

Subway (5/10)

Could be easily an 0, 64 one

V2 Base (6/10)

Nice map but probably not good with more than 30 ppl online.

Missile (9/10)

Awesome map, should be fine with 0, 64

MLB Hotchkiss (9/10)

This map is also very cool. Probably a 0, 38

Airfield Assault (6/10)
http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/47-airfield-assault-fp1-airassault-fp1pk3/
I think a 0, 64 one. Definitely better than many other maps (like Capuzzo or Venice)

Byzantine (5/10)
http://bunkerwiki.aaxxss.com/index.php/Byzantine
Also a 0, 64. A fun map.

La Rochelle (5/10)
http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/635-la-rochelle-beta-2-rochelle-b2pk3/
Could be a 0, 40 map

Overlord (9/10)

I love this map. It is way better than et_beach, please add this map.

Rock Eyes (5/10)
http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/601-rock-eyes-beta-2-rockeyes-b2pk3/
Also a nice map.

Cathedral (5(10)
http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/88-cathedral-final-cathedral-finalpk3/
Maybe a 0, 36 map.

X-Posed (8/10)
http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/539-x-posed-ndt-final/
Definitely a good map and also a 0, 64 one.

Reactor (5/10)

0, 30 probably

There are probably some more maps I loved to play in the past, but these are all I remember now.

Edited by sepulchre
  • Like 4

Some good maps .. especially xposed, Hotchkiss and missile but please no tramfight or subway for the next 6 months lol :P

If there arent any complications with lags or crashes why not giving a few new maps a try

Theres also another map I remember from past but I forgot its name, it was a city in the desert protected by a long wall. I think the obj had something to do with a train inside the city.

Was a nice map as well.

Maybe anyone can help :P

Some good maps .. especially xposed, Hotchkiss and missile but please no tramfight or subway for the next 6 months lol :P

As you can see from my ratings, I agree with you as I rated the first ones with high points and tramfight and subway with lower points. I played for a month or so at your jay1 server, I don't know the past so maybe you already played a lot tramfight and subway. I don't like them much either but they are better than some of the maps in the current rotation but if they were played some time ago a lot, then no need to add them again. I don't mind it as long as the other ones get a chance :).

• Like 1

The current rotation has 33 maps, so it looks like it has enough diversity but actually only 12 of them are 0, 64 maps.

Most of the time the server is near full, so you keep playing those 12 maps over and over.

My suggestions have potentially 5-7 maps that are 0, 64 maps, so it would add more depth to the cycle. 

Maybe no need to remove maps from old rotation, maybe just add some more maps to the list?

Saberpeak

Please, please remove this map. When this map starts, mostly people leave the game. But not just that, this map is laggy, it is bright/colorful as hell (it hurts the eyes) and it ist just fun for wannabe snipers.

I played soo many times as Allied engie in this map, usually I get to plant 3-5 times. No help, no teamplay, rarely 3-4 doing obj.

First part of the map is just sniping. That part is quickly over. Then, after the door is blown up, no way you can win this map. The Axis spawn is exactly before the obj, so you can't go through the ground to the submarine (thanks low spawntimes). You must do the trickjump (or the nadejump) to go from top. But they are always some ppl waiting there. This map is the most frustrating of all maps. It just sucks, nobody likes this map anyway.

Yeah, is the most hated map so far, it got a pretty negative feedback going from FPS drops to just simple boredom.

People can't even TJ to finish it, and I've seen some of them trying really hard but the design makes it quite impossible. (The crystalline water and the wall's height just to give a few examples.)

• Like 2

I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get much feedback but I'm gonna post my last suggestions.

And again, I am really bored to play the same maps over and over. Saberpeak, Minas Tirith or Venice are killers for me.

Eagles (5/10)

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/651-eagles2-a6/

X-Dam (5/10)

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/203-x-dam-complex-2-xdam2pk3/

Wolfsrudel (6/10)

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/82-wolfsrudel-3-springtime-version-final-wolfsrudel3pk3/

Base55 (7/10)

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/307-base-55-beta-2-base55-b2pk3/

Wizerness (7/10)

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/181-ae-wizerness-final-ae-wizerness-finalpk3/

Again see this is why I bring  my hate to internet. I been asked like 50 times  "hey can we have that map with beach and submarine?" I been asked much about this map and when server owner fulfill the wish, kids don't want to play it. Server population declines badly when saberpeak loads . It's always the same story with "new requested maps, than obvious 500 times played map" .Let it be vesuvious , subway,  cortex or saberpeak all time same story . But anyways you guys have to play it ,so let's focus on changing to playable maps. I go whine elsewhere or just abuse panther or swiss.

I will post list of new requested maps later , not going to be a big surprise though , possibly same old played . If you got idea of new maps plz keep posting, I will check and if there is something good, we can ask DareD to add it too .

thanku.

• Like 2

Again see this is why I bring  my hate to internet. I been asked like 50 times  "hey can we have that map with beach and submarine?" I been asked much about this map and when server owner fulfill the wish, kids don't want to play it. Server population declines badly when saberpeak loads . It's always the same story with "new requested maps, than obvious 500 times played map" .Let it be vesuvious , subway,  cortex or saberpeak all time same story . But anyways you guys have to play it ,so let's focus on changing to playable maps. I go whine elsewhere or just abuse panther or swiss.

I will post list of new requested maps later , not going to be a big surprise though , possibly same old played . If you got idea of new maps plz keep posting, I will check and if there is something good, we can ask DareD to add it too .

thanku.

I don't know about the past, as I only played for 1 months or so at jay1. I already told it but I repeat it again. The map rotation has 33 maps but only 1/3 of it gets played because the server is always almost full. It gets quickly boring.

I posted 19 suggestions. It seems some of them are not new (like Tram or Subway), but my list has other good maps, new maps.

It is not a big deal to have Saberpeak on the list, if the rotation would have really 33 playable maps (playable for 40+ ppl). So here and then Saberpeak would come and it wouldn't be a big problem, but because the rotation is that short, you keep playing Saberpeak over and over which is really bad. Same goes for Minas Tirith with 15+ Snipers.

So maybe you should keep those 33 maps but also add 15+ new maps, so we have sth like 50 maps in the cycle. It makes the cycle to have more depth, more variety.

Edited by sepulchre

• 3 weeks later...

Lag + Entity overflow. I could push baserace max to 30 but that's being it. That map has serious entity issues which causes all players to crash randomly. The reason i kept 20 min is cos if it's 10 vs 10 it's fun. No fun playing baserace 6 vs 6. 

My answers after "-"

http://splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=6930

Sorry new see ur post my bad

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION